Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Pick Your Winner

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DLH Vs. Hatton (and no i don't mean it's happening)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: DLH Vs. Hatton (and no i don't mean it's happening)

Quote Originally Posted by HattonTheHammer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Hatton would be way to busy for him

ODLH struggles with fighters that come on to him

Hatton unanimous points
    Doesn't it ever get boring? The only loss which you could even possibly attribute to pressure would be his first to Mosley, who was a hell of a lot better than Hatton ever was. Aside from this, De La Hoya did very well against pressure fighters who came forward, not to mention the size and power advantage he would've had over little Ricky. It's truly shameless the way you ride the guys nuts, Oscar would have smashed him up BADLY at 140, it's practically a mismatch.

While ODLH was getting his ass handed to him against every single half decent opponent ricky was beating the likes of tszyu/castillo etc

A prime hatton destroys ODLH
    You are such a clown. DLH has fought so many more quality fighters than Hatton it isn't even worth comparing, he only lost to guys who would have almost certainly KO'ed Hatton. The fact that you can only point to an old Tszyu and Castillo in contrast pretty much says everything... I suppose they were on par with Hopkins at 160, Trinidad at WW, Prime Mosley, Quartey, Whittaker, etc? Ricky wouldn't have had any problem beating those guys either right?
    fought - yes, im not even debating that
    beaten - not a single person that can match kostya tszyu and jose luis castillo

Remembering ricky just didnt beat those 2 he TKO`d the pair of them and sent both into retirement

The day i see someone who isnt a p4p great own hatton like ODLH has been so many times i`ll take this question seriously, until then

get the hell out of here........
    Julio Cesar Chavez is bigger than anything on Hatton's record, and he had a hell of a lot more left than Castillo did when Hatton decided to take him on, Tszyu was already nearing the end as well, anytime Hatton chose to really step it up he got stomped, end of

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post

Hatton unanimous points
    Doesn't it ever get boring? The only loss which you could even possibly attribute to pressure would be his first to Mosley, who was a hell of a lot better than Hatton ever was. Aside from this, De La Hoya did very well against pressure fighters who came forward, not to mention the size and power advantage he would've had over little Ricky. It's truly shameless the way you ride the guys nuts, Oscar would have smashed him up BADLY at 140, it's practically a mismatch.

While ODLH was getting his ass handed to him against every single half decent opponent ricky was beating the likes of tszyu/castillo etc

here are there biggest wins on a WORLD scale

DLH

Jorge Paez (KO)
    John John Molina (UD)
    Rafael Ruelas (KO)
    Genaro Hernandez (KO)
    Jesse James Leija (KO)
    Julio Cesar Chavez (TKO X2)
    Pernell Whitaker (UD)
    Hector Camacho (UD)
    Ike Quartey (SD)
    Oba Carr (TKO)
    Arturo Gatti (TKO)
    Javier Castillejo (UD)
    Fernando Vargas (TKO)
    "Yory Boy" Campas (TKO)
    Ricardo Mayorga (KO)

Out of 15 well known names he has 11 wins coming by KO

Hatton

Freddie Pendleton (KO)
    Vince Phillips (UD)
    Ben Tackie (UD)
    Ray Oliviera (KO)
    Kostya Tszyu (TKO)
    Carlos Maussa (KO)
    Luis Collazo (UD)
    Juan Urango (UD)
    Jose Luis Castillo (KO)
    Juan Lazcano (UD)
    Paul Malignaggi (TKO)

Out of 11 well known names he has 6 KO

Other than whittaker not a single name on there to disprove my original statement and any single SANE fan of this sport knows that a prime whittaker would batter ODLH and Hatton on his day

chavez, camacho, vargas, mayorga, quartey - can you seriously give me an argument for one of them at the time ODLH fought them remember beating a prime hatton...i could really do with a laugh (any of the others and im seriously backing out of this thread as your clearly not all the ticket)
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton unanimous points

here are there biggest wins on a WORLD scale

DLH

Jorge Paez (KO)
    John John Molina (UD)
    Rafael Ruelas (KO)
    Genaro Hernandez (KO)
    Jesse James Leija (KO)
    Julio Cesar Chavez (TKO X2)
    Pernell Whitaker (UD)
    Hector Camacho (UD)
    Ike Quartey (SD)
    Oba Carr (TKO)
    Arturo Gatti (TKO)
    Javier Castillejo (UD)
    Fernando Vargas (TKO)
    "Yory Boy" Campas (TKO)
    Ricardo Mayorga (KO)

Out of 15 well known names he has 11 wins coming by KO

Hatton

Freddie Pendleton (KO)
    Vince Phillips (UD)
    Ben Tackie (UD)
    Ray Oliviera (KO)
    Kostya Tszyu (TKO)
    Carlos Maussa (KO)
    Luis Collazo (UD)
    Juan Urango (UD)
    Jose Luis Castillo (KO)
    Juan Lazcano (UD)
    Paul Malignaggi (TKO)

Out of 11 well known names he has 6 KO

Other than whittaker not a single name on there to disprove my original statement and any single SANE fan of this sport knows that a prime whittaker would batter ODLH and Hatton on his day

chavez, camacho, vargas, mayorga, quartey - can you seriously give me an argument for one of them at the time ODLH fought them remember beating a prime hatton...i could really do with a laugh (any of the others and im seriously backing out of this thread as your clearly not all the ticket)
    as i said in the original post, Hatton is a poor man's Chavez, meaning he doesn't even come close to being as good as the original, you really should lay off the crack pipe and rubbing out to Hatton buddy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't see how this is even being argued. I am serious are you guy's joking? Well anyway Sounds like a classic case against a good boxer vs a good brawler and I would go with the boxer nine times out of ten. Except for Frazier Ali. Oscar by an easy TKO.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love both guys so ill keep this short, ODLH got was finished by a body shot against B-HOP....Hatton is the best body puncher in the world.
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mattboxingfan View Post
    I love both guys so ill keep this short, ODLH got was finished by a body shot against B-HOP....Hatton is the best body puncher in the world.
    difference was Hopkins was a natural Middleweight where DLH wasn't and Hatton is a natural JR welterweight while DLH is a natural Welter/Jr. Middleweight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

difference was Hopkins was a natural Middleweight where DLH wasn't and Hatton is a natural JR welterweight while DLH is a natural Welter/Jr. Middleweight
    So what

Hatton wasnt a genuine welter when he lost to mayweather

Stop making excuses here
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So what

Hatton wasnt a genuine welter when he lost to mayweather

Stop making excuses here
    and Hatton would have been KO'd by Hopkins jab

you're the first one to use "Hatton was no welterweight" and "DAMN Joe Cortez" as your excuses to why Floyd beat the shit out of Hatton, so make up your mind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm hattons biggest fan, but I see dlh winning this both in their prime at 140. To me it's not as clear cut a victory for dlh as some people may think, a prime hatton was a very, very good fighter, one of the most relentless fighters ever imo, I think that would trouble dlh, where I see a dlh victory tho, is his left hook, hattons always been open for that shot, and de la hoyas was the best in the business, that's all I see the difference being. Would loved to of seen it.

Job biscuit (there's only one ricky hatton)

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton really has gone low in people's estimation on the back of these recent showings. The truth is that at 140 Oscar had never faced anyone quite like Ricky Hatton. To say it would be a mismatch is incredibly naive. The Hatton that beat Tsyzu could have walked through fire and not got scalded. His desire to work and work and grind it out was intense. Oscar, as good as he was, had never met someone who was as young and intense. Hatton was crude, but he was on you in a flash and it was hell to keep him off of you as Kostya found. Oscar would have his moments for sure, but there is also that chance that Hatton is still there going down the stretch and Oscar has never been one to enjoy the championship rounds.

It's a much more even fight than some are saying IMO.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Most know that I'm not one for giving Hatton the excuses, he gets KO'd by Mayweather 100 times out of a 100 even if his mum's reffing, but people are underestimating how good in his prime he was. It also combines with the fact that Oscar was not at his best at 140, and it was not until he got to 147 that his comp picked up. Prior to that, he'd largely feasted on guys either out of their weightclass (Genaro), lovely stylistic matchups (Paez, Ruelas) or those who'd seen better days (Chavez). Once at 147, his opposition completely shits all over Ricky's (including those who he beat), but their 140lb selves in with another and whilst I think Oscar's natural size advantage carries him to a close UD, I think the prime version of Hatton sucks it up to take it to the end. Hatton's own lack of conditioning would be offset by the fact, that Oscar always faded badly, more so the more weight he had to cut, and I think Hatton could have a great end to the fight, but Oscar would have built up enough of a lead.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A prime Hatton at 140 stands a small chance, as long as Mickey Vann is the ref and he's still mates with Frank Warren that is...
    Even then I have a hard time seeing him win.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People are getting their knickers in a twist and comparing their careers. A 23 year old green Oscar v a 27 year old peak Hatton would mean that Ricky wins. Simple as.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    People are getting their knickers in a twist and comparing their careers. A 23 year old green Oscar v a 27 year old peak Hatton would mean that Ricky wins. Simple as.
    Oscar was anything but green when he fought Chavez the first time out, if guys like Magee had Hatton on the floor and gave him all sorts of trouble (and IMO Hatton barely won that fight) DLH would have owned him

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Oscar was anything but green when he fought Chavez the first time out, if guys like Magee had Hatton on the floor and gave him all sorts of trouble (and IMO Hatton barely won that fight) DLH would have owned him
    Yes, he was. Chavez was 50 years old. Do you disagree with that? And suddenly Hatton would be wiped out in a few rounds? You are full of shit ETM.

This is you not liking english fighters again.

Crap thread too.

Thread Information