Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Pick Your Winner

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DLH Vs. Hatton (and no i don't mean it's happening)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default DLH Vs. Hatton (and no i don't mean it's happening)

Who would win between Oscar De La Hoya when he beat up Chavez at 140 and Ricky Hatton when he beat Tszyu?

IMO Hatton is a poor man's Chavez, and all though he wasn't at his best anymore, he still had a world title, so I'd pick DLH by 9th round TKO

your thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: DLH Vs. Hatton (and no i don't mean it's happening)

Hatton would be way to busy for him

ODLH struggles with fighters that come on to him

Hatton unanimous points
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really can't see any way Ricky Hatton beats De La Hoya.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

especially at that stage, when Oscar was more of a mover, meaning he was always on the front of his toes and used that excellent sharp jab, IMO he'd just cut Hatton up with the jab and overwhelm him with flurries

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    especially at that stage, when Oscar was more of a mover, meaning he was always on the front of his toes and used that excellent sharp jab, IMO he'd just cut Hatton up with the jab and overwhelm him with flurries
    His left hook would devastate Hatton as he rushed in. It would be a good scrap while it lasted, but ODH is simply a better fighter and he would win by mid-round TKO.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    His left hook would devastate Hatton as he rushed in. It would be a good scrap while it lasted, but ODH is simply a better fighter and he would win by mid-round TKO.
    i basically think it'd go into around the 9th due to Hattons durability at that time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

care to name me a single fighter on ODLHs record that he can brag about ever KO`ing?

Hatton only ever got beat by the best 2 p4ps of his generation, he sure as hell aint going down to an old de la hoya

If you ask me it would be hatton-castillo all over again only ODLH wouldnt be so stupid as to try and trade with the best body puncher in the biz and would end up going through the motions and taking a points loss

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by HattonTheHammer View Post

Hatton unanimous points
    Doesn't it ever get boring? The only loss which you could even possibly attribute to pressure would be his first to Mosley, who was a hell of a lot better than Hatton ever was. Aside from this, De La Hoya did very well against pressure fighters who came forward, not to mention the size and power advantage he would've had over little Ricky. It's truly shameless the way you ride the guys nuts, Oscar would have smashed him up BADLY at 140, it's practically a mismatch.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

care to name me a single fighter on ODLHs record that he can brag about ever KO`ing?

Hatton only ever got beat by the best 2 p4ps of his generation, he sure as hell aint going down to an old de la hoya
    old DLH? Oscar was in his early 20's when he fought at 140, what the hell are you talking about?!?
    and aside from the Tszyu win, what win does Hatton have on his record that can really pair up with anything DLH accomplished?

DLH was 23 when he beat up Chavez while Hatton was 27 when he finally chose to step it up
    Last edited by ElTerribleMorales; 05-27-2010 at 07:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post

Hatton unanimous points
    Doesn't it ever get boring? The only loss which you could even possibly attribute to pressure would be his first to Mosley, who was a hell of a lot better than Hatton ever was. Aside from this, De La Hoya did very well against pressure fighters who came forward, not to mention the size and power advantage he would've had over little Ricky. It's truly shameless the way you ride the guys nuts, Oscar would have smashed him up BADLY at 140, it's practically a mismatch.

While ODLH was getting his ass handed to him against every single half decent opponent ricky was beating the likes of tszyu/castillo etc

A prime hatton destroys ODLH

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you ask me it would be hatton-castillo all over again only ODLH wouldnt be so stupid as to try and trade with the best body puncher in the biz and would end up going through the motions and taking a points loss
    Vargas, Mayorga? Not exactly elite in hindsight I suppose but both were relentless come forward fighters with a hell of a lot more size and durability than Ricky. And I don't think anyone will EVER ask you about anything regarding Hatton, because you are a shameless nuthugger.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton unanimous points

While ODLH was getting his ass handed to him against every single half decent opponent ricky was beating the likes of tszyu/castillo etc

You are such a clown. DLH has fought so many more quality fighters than Hatton it isn't even worth comparing, he only lost to guys who would have almost certainly KO'ed Hatton. The fact that you can only point to an old Tszyu and Castillo in contrast pretty much says everything... I suppose they were on par with Hopkins at 160, Trinidad at WW, Prime Mosley, Quartey, Whittaker, etc? Ricky wouldn't have had any problem beating those guys either right?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton unanimous points

:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton unanimous points

You are such a clown. DLH has fought so many more quality fighters than Hatton it isn't even worth comparing, he only lost to guys who would have almost certainly KO'ed Hatton. The fact that you can only point to an old Tszyu and Castillo in contrast pretty much says everything... I suppose they were on par with Hopkins at 160, Trinidad at WW, Prime Mosley, Quartey, Whittaker, etc? Ricky wouldn't have had any problem beating those guys either right?
    fought - yes, im not even debating that
    beaten - not a single person that can match kostya tszyu and jose luis castillo

Remembering ricky just didnt beat those 2 he TKO`d the pair of them and sent both into retirement

The day i see someone who isnt a p4p great own hatton like ODLH has been so many times i`ll take this question seriously, until then

get the hell out of here........

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton unanimous points

here are there biggest wins on a WORLD scale

DLH

Jorge Paez (KO)
    John John Molina (UD)
    Rafael Ruelas (KO)
    Genaro Hernandez (KO)
    Jesse James Leija (KO)
    Julio Cesar Chavez (TKO X2)
    Pernell Whitaker (UD)
    Hector Camacho (UD)
    Ike Quartey (SD)