Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Klitschko junior refuses random drug testing

The heavyweight champion of the world, Wladimir Klitschko, is not interested in Alexander Povetkin's request for both fighters to take part in random drug tests under the company WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency)......

Older "brother" Vitali Klitschko believes this is a tactic by Povetkin's team to avoid the fight. He says Wladimir will not accept these drug testing terms.

Klitschko Will Not Accept Povetkin's Drug Test Demands - Boxing News

I knew it! Those man-made motherfunkers have been on steroids their entire careers. Vitali tested positive for steroids in 1996 and now we get confirmation that both of them have been on steroids their entire careers. It looks like we only have one legitimate claimant for heavyweight champion now that they've been exposed.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Klitschko junior refuses random drug testing

This is something Teddy feels strongly about, it's not a bad idea. I'd like to see just everyone take any tests asked of them but obviously that's not realistic. This is a bad wind up attempt but it would be nice if these fighters couldn't hide behind relatively soft commissions and money hungry sanctioning bodies who don't want to shell out extra money for extra testing.

I would like to see this fight, Povetkin is an often overlooked heavyweight who has an awesome gimmick with the hot russian girls he enters with and all.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why would you put 'brother' in quotations? Are you implying that they aren't actually brothers?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Povetkin feels it is needed then so be it. As a professional sportsman you should should never be looking to avoid random drug testing....unless you are using.

Klitschko should go through with the tests as a 'clean' fighter has nothing to hide. What's the big deal getting a little blood drawn a few times whilst in camp? Is Wlad from the jungle too?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    Why would you put 'brother' in quotations? Are you implying that they aren't actually brothers?
    I read it as a racial slur to be honest.

He should be banned with immediate effect in my opinion.

Either that or he is implying that they are the same person.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's my opinion that as a professional athlete in today's climate, the onus is on you to prove you aren't cheating. Obviously athletes themselves are likely not going to feel the same way especially when a champion is being asked to take the tests by a challenger, an element only boxing provides.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's my opinion that as a professional athlete in today's climate, the onus is on you to prove you aren't cheating. Obviously athletes themselves are likely not going to feel the same way especially when a champion is being asked to take the tests by a challenger, an element only boxing provides.
    Exactly. To refuse the opportunity to create a fair fight is an open invitation for people to question you. Just look at how people responded to Manny, refusing is hardly going to boost your credibility.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Difference is that everybody in the world wants the PBF-Pac fight, so Mayweather has a lot more leverage then does Povetkin.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This can only be a good thing, and Povetkin has every right to ask for this, it's him in there getting punched and most likely KO'd. He deserves to know its on an even playing field.

In further PED news, I read the other day that the Andre Ward-Allan Green fight and most likely the Ward-Dirrell fight will be done with full USADA testing. Only reason there's little news is because all those guys were happy to do it.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's actually kind of a big deal with the Ward-Green if only because Ward has admitted to taking supplements provided to him by former Balco chief Victor Conte, the guy who supplied Mosley, Bonds and all those other athletes with their PEDs.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Duh....everyone knows Klitschko Bros are genetically engineered clones, they eat roids only , no food, and that weird mucous stuff from the Matrix.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Big surprise. It's a blight on pro sports.

I said this before and I'll it again, I'm positive that 90% of the NFL is "positive."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Difference is that everybody in the world wants the PBF-Pac fight, so Mayweather has a lot more leverage then does Povetkin.
    That's true. But the principle of the issue remains much the same. Less easy to pin down Wlad when other fights will generate just as much money if not more.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    This can only be a good thing, and Povetkin has every right to ask for this, it's him in there getting punched and most likely KO'd. He deserves to know its on an even playing field.

In further PED news, I read the other day that the Andre Ward-Allan Green fight and most likely the Ward-Dirrell fight will be done with full USADA testing. Only reason there's little news is because all those guys were happy to do it.
    Full props to each of them if they have decided to go through with it. I've been critical of both Andre's for their fighting styles, but it's great to see other fighters taking note and taking it further. The commisions have a responsibility to take note and up their game. They are way behind the times at the moment. I'm sick of pricks like Roach saying "let's leave it up the commisions, they are doing a great job". They obviously aren't and changes are needed.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Every sanctioning bodies with the ugly fees they ask should include that type of Test for their belts, it would first give more credibility to boxing and second, support the idea of unification as the price for such tests would be then divided by the number of belts at the key and not solely paid fully by only one organization.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Thread Information