Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Marco Antonio Barrera

Boxing - Q&A: Marco Antonio Barrera

Barrera has always been one of my big favourites and surely this is the final run for a title. I really hope he can do that and then retire for good. The Khan showing was really no way to go out and it's been a while since then, but hopefully he is still in decent shape. I'm not so sure about another Morales fight as I think there is nothing more to say there. But a Marquez fight interests me more. It was a close fight last time out and that uncalled KD was significant. However, I would need to see how Barrera looks in this before getting my hopes too high about that.

Any thoughts on the return of Barrera?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Marco Antonio Barrera

if that's a recent photo he's looking very well.

I think only fight time will show his true condition tbh.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, we haven't seen him in with a good opponent for a long while now so I am very curious to see how he looks. Prior to Khan he was beating up a couple of unknowns and then of course the early headbutt against Khan. The last top opponent was Manny and tbh Barrera performed better against him than anyone else has except for Marquez. Barrera is still a bit of an unknown at 135 really.

Fingers crossed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He got jipped against khan out of a fair fight

I`ll reserve judgement on those 2 once ive seen a full fight
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by HattonTheHammer View Post
    He got jipped against khan out of a fair fight

I`ll reserve judgement on those 2 once ive seen a full fight
    Indeed. That should not have been a loss on the record. The fight should have been stopped at the end of the 2nd. Anywhere else and the fight would have been stopped immediately. A shameful way to treat a legend.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for that Miles. Cant wait to see him back in action but if we are being honest we cant expect anything other than a shadow of what he was. The Khan fight was a farce but a rematch wont happen. The only way for justice to be served is to hope someone nuts Khan and smashes his face apart. Also someone needs to smack up Dave Paris for not breaking the action after Khan nutted him, he just let the action go on. The other way round and he would have given Khan time to recover and a point off Barrera. Bias corrupt refereeing.

Anyway moving forward this DeJesus guy he is fighting is a banger so it could be more dangerous than his last fight. The main thing I wana see is Barrera get his aggression back. Afew years ago he wouldnt have let a fag like Khan nut him without reacting violently with a rugby tackle or full nelson head slam to the corner post. If Marco has that mental edge back he will be hard to beat. Interesting that he wants Marquez but Juan is closer to his prime than Barrera. When Marco was at his best with Nas and Morales, Marquez wasnt even known. He was getting owned by bums like Norwood and John. Still Barrera deserved the nod in that fight but I hope he doest fight Marquez or Morales again. Barrera has the same problem as an old Chavez in that he cuts bad in every fight now.

Wish him well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He may have a little left in the tank, but i don't see him beating JMM. I thought it was kinda funny when they asked him how much longer he plans to fight, and he said " not long, maybe 4 or 5 more fights". That's about 2-2 1/2 years, and he's already 36 years old.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Yes, we haven't seen him in with a good opponent for a long while now so I am very curious to see how he looks. Prior to Khan he was beating up a couple of unknowns and then of course the early headbutt against Khan. The last top opponent was Manny and tbh Barrera performed better against him than anyone else has except for Marquez. Barrera is still a bit of an unknown at 135 really.

Fingers crossed.
    I think MAB last top opponent would be JMM, he gave a good account of himself there.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cheers Miles
    he looks good as Missy says if thats a recent pic. Wish he would retire though do worry about his health
    i wish him luck with this fight and i hope he wins the belt.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post

Fingers crossed.
    I think MAB last top opponent would be JMM, he gave a good account of himself there.
    A very good fight too. If that knockdown had been scored the round would have been 10-8 Barrera instead of the docked point and it going 10-8 to Marquez. That would have made all the difference in a close fight.

Pac Barrera 2 was a bit of a shit fight, neither Manny nor Marco seemed on top of their game. Both far too cautious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i'm still hoping for Barrera-Morales IV.. this time i go for Morales UD12

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan was too big, too fast and too young for him, I don't even know why the guy is still fighting. Can't see him beating a guy like Katsidis who would be too strong for him. A 4th fight with Morales would be a joke, and the JMM fight really wasn't all that close, although it was a legit KD he scored.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's a legend, but he's done. Time to hang em up. He can do no more in the game.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Slice N Dice View Post
    Khan was too big, too fast and too young for him, I don't even know why the guy is still fighting. Can't see him beating a guy like Katsidis who would be too strong for him. A 4th fight with Morales would be a joke, and the JMM fight really wasn't all that close, although it was a legit KD he scored.
    Circus show indeed if the 4th Morales fight happens. But the biggest joke is Morales wanting a 4th Pacquiao fight at welterweight.

Thread Information