Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Brad Solomon

Solomon (left) gets inside of Galarza's power shot.

History

74-5 as an amatuer

Golden Gloves champ
    2005 - Welterweight
    2006 - Light Welterweight
    2007 - Light Welterweight

turned pro 2/22/08

I planned on make a thread about this guy this past weekend, but my computer choked out and I forgot about it. He is a 27 year old prospect 12-0 (4 KOs) I have only seen him fight twice, last friday against the then undefeated Puerto Rican slugger prospect Kenny Galarza (13-0 (13KOs)) Where he easily boxed his way to a wide victory only one judge gave Galarza one round the other two cards were shutouts, I had a shutout on my card as well.

The other time I saw him was back in december against another prospect that had a lot of hype, partially because of his name and partially because of his dominance against early competition 'The New' Ray Robinson at the time Robinson was 11-0 (4 KOs). Two judges had it 7 rounds for Solomon with 1 to Robinson (as did I on my card) and one judge scored it a draw.

The case in both fights was the same, Solomon used superior movement, superior accuracy, and a work rate that increased throughout the fights. I know most aren't fans of pure boxers, but for those of you that are, he is one to watch. At 5'11" he has the size to be super effective at 147.
    Last edited by killersheep; 06-08-2010 at 10:37 PM.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I saw Friday night fights and was very impressed with him, not that many amateur fights for such a pro, I'll defo keep an eye on him

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Brad Solomon

Sheep,

Who trains him? Where is he from?

I saw him in the Ray Robinson fight and you're right that he looked good.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Sheep,

Who trains him? Where is he from?

I saw him in the Ray Robinson fight and you're right that he looked good.
    As far as I know he's a Louisiana boy from up in Lafayette. I have no idea who trains him, but I am very interested to find out. My step sister lives out there, I'll see if she can keep an eye out on the local news. For all I know he could be training in Tokyo though.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok I had to change his am record to correctly state 74-5, the 20-5 was his tournament record.

He is training in Georgia now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I remember him from my amateur days. I believe it was at nationals in Omaha when I first thought his talent stood out to me. I told my cousin this kid looks like he is going to be a very good pro. During that tournament he displayed RJJ like athleticism. But as a pro I haven't really been as impressed. But I've only seen a couple of his pro fights. But I can definitely tell he fights differently.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by blegit View Post
    I remember him from my amateur days. I believe it was at nationals in Omaha when I first thought his talent stood out to me. I told my cousin this kid looks like he is going to be a very good pro. During that tournament he displayed RJJ like athleticism. But as a pro I haven't really been as impressed. But I've only seen a couple of his pro fights. But I can definitely tell he fights differently.
    Do you know any more specifics about his amateur career?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blegit View Post
    Do you know any more specifics about his amateur career?
    I didn't really follow him or anything but I think this was 2006 and he was either a returning National Golden Gloves winner or he won it that year. Maybe both. I got beat the second day so I went back home before the tournament concluded. But it surprised me because no one was talking about this kid and to me he was clearly the most talented in the tournament. But thats all I got I wish I knew more.

Thread Information