Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why David Haye simply MUST fight Audley Harrison next

Why David Haye simply MUST fight Audley Harrison next by Fantana

Five reasons why David Haye, WBA Heavyweight Champion, has to defend his belt, pride and man-hood against Audley 'A-Force' Harrison.

1) THE MONEY IS RIGHT

First and foremost, boxing is business. Those proud gladiators such as Floyd Mayweather and Oscar De La Hoya know this, hence Oscar stated "I don't fight for free." The money that would be generated in this colossal fight of two hard hitting British pugilists would be immense. Both fighters could easily get career high pay days, somewhere in the region of 10 million quid plus. If the fight were to take place in summer/late summer, then it could be housed in an outdoor arena such as Wembley stadium. This is where the original Mike Tyson vs Frank Bruno fight was supposed to take place way back in 1988, the reasons it didn't take place where Don King. Luckily, no such promoter would be needed in this fight, since both are largely in control of their own business ventures. This means the fight would be a piece of piss to make, like scrambled eggs. Wembley stadium could hold 80,000 PLUS! For simple maths sake, let's say each ticket was £40. That is £3.2 million in gate receipts. With tickets going to be sold from £1,500, £500, £100, £75 and £40 you could easily double the gate receipts if you simply times £3.2 million twice. This makes an estimated, £6.4 million in gate receipts alone. Next up you have PPV sales. It would easily sell, in the UK alone, 1.5 million buys at £14.95. How did I come to this figure? David Haye sold almost 1 million alone versus Valuev. So 1.5 million x £14.95 is £22,425,000. Over £22 million. So as we can see, that is some big numbers. Then you have foreign TV rights, merchandising, sponsorship etc etc. Overall the fight would easily generate over £50 million, and that is a conservative effort by David Cameron. They say money talks, and I am willing to bet that a lot of fucking money talks at a volume which makes everyone involved in making the fight sit up and take notice.

2) RIVALRY

The rivalry between Audley Harrison and rising star David Haye has heated up dramatically in the last 6 months. Before this, Audley Harrison was out in the cold so to speak, then out of nowhere as the underdog he came back and won the prize fighter tournament, whilst David Haye became WBA champion. In Britian, everybody knows who David Haye is, and everybody and their dog knows who Audley Harrison is. Their rivalry goes back to when they were both friends from the amateurs, when Audley Harrison captured Gold and took the light from David Haye who was unsure if he was going to be a fighter or a model. Then Haye turned pro and really took off, whilst Audley started impressively then lost steam through absolutely no fault of his own.

We all know the story that Audley says when Lennox was watching them spar, Haye took advantage and punched Audley Harrison in the mouth, which is not something you should be doing when sparring because it is cruel and hurts. This enraged Audley Harrison who like a real man, such as myself, went and told the papers. This generated some publicity. Years later, when Audley was still saying Haye was his friend (he took him to the Lennox vs Tua fight don't you know) David Haye would shun Harrison from one his undercards. This further distanced the fighters as friends and they became foe. It is one of the all time great rivalries, like Tyson and that bloke who beat him in the olympics trials who Tyson beat as a pro without mercy for I think 8 rounds, I forgot his name, or Riddick Bowe and Lennox Louis. What everyone talks about is David Haye vs Audley Harrison, fuck Pacquio and Mayweather, they're not from the same country. This is big, this is internal, yet it's ripple effect of excitement has preceded the world cup as sportings most talked about potential match up. In effect, there is bad blood between the two big men, which makes for fascinating viewing.

3) LEGITIMATE COMPETITION

David Haye already has an impressive resume at heavyweight. He is undefeated at this weight, beat (albeit unfairly) all time great John Ruiz, monster man Valuev who is so big and scary looking his own reflection makes the hairs on the back of his neck stand up, he knocked out Monte Barrett, plus some polish guy.

Audley Harrison has just produced the knockout of the century, with one hand, after getting battered for the entire duration of the fight because he was injured. He is coming off this great win to capture the European Heavyweight championship of the world and of course the prize fighter win, which everyone in Britain watched with awe as he knocked man after man out with his super human mother fucking power. Yet, they are both not without their vulnerabilities. David Haye has the tendency to switch off in a fight, and think he modelling again and just strut around the ring looking all muscular and shit. Audley Harrison has the tendency to get injured, forget how to fight and become lackluster.

Both fighters have been decked, and they both hit with tremendous force. This not only makes the fight exciting, it makes it a legitimate fight. They have both had great wins, are world ranked and to boot they can both be on their day tremendous fighters. This isn't Klitschko versus [Insert bums name here], this isn't Roy Jones vs Bernard Hopkins and this isn't Mayweather vs [Little Man], [Old man], [No one 'cos he's fucking retiring again]. This is David WBA CHAMPION Haye versus Audley OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST AND EUROPEAN CHAMPION Harrison. The fight will do numbers better than anything Epic Beard Man could come up with. The heavyweight division is dead, has been since John Ruiz was robbed of his title. He was the only thing keeping it going, the Klitschkos have killed the heavyweight division by constantly fighting and beating everyone and no one at the same time, and they give me nightmares. For the foreseeable future at least, this is the only fight that can be made that is legitimate.

4) PREFIGHT BUILD UP

Everyone loves a good fight build up. Hatton vs Mayweather 24/7 was the best build up perhaps of all time, it was talked about by the masses. Where I used to work guys who didn't even like boxing would talk about it, to me even. People still talk about Ali, even though circa '70 he was shit and wouldn't last 5 minutes in today's heavyweight scene, but he could talk a good fight. If Audley Harrison plays his cards right, he has the making here to come in as the underdog, the galient warrior who has been through Hell yet has never given up on his dream, on the nations dream, of being World Heavyweight Champion. He can be the Cinderella Chris Brown sings about, and if Chris Brown tries to slap him Audley Harrison can literally rip his head off.

David Haye, he is ripe to play the bad guy role, it is a role he is made for. He is younger, freshier, cockier. He supports Millwall. He deletes my messages from his myspace page, and he punched John Ruiz in the back of the head. He is the perfect villain for this fight, the reigning supreme champion who just seems that bit too good, with his fists and mouth, which makes the mountain Audley Harrison has to climb that little bit bigger, that little bit more imagination will be needed in the viewers eyes, and if you start to think about all of this you will get a tingling down your spine, in a non-gay way, as the excitement for an all British 24/7 starts to become a reality. The barrage of verbal insults will fly long before the fists are gloved, long before the cameras roll, and every day when you open up a copy of the newspaper and skip past page 3 to secretly look at the boobies you will see a tyrant of abuse from David Haye against his challenger, who will all the while be doing what he needs to do behind closed doors to win the fight. The stage is set, the money is right, people are talking about it. What else?

CONTINUED IN SECOND POST
    5 foot 4 inches and 154 lbs of PURE MAN

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why David Haye simply MUST fight Audley Harrison next

CONTINUED FROM ABOVE

5) HEAVYWEIGHT BOXING AND BRITAIN NEEDS IT

Boxing has been through a bunch of shit this past 12 months. The heavyweight divsion in particular is a mess. 3 champions, 2 are brothers and won't fight each other, 1 is a guy who lives in fucking Cyprus and doesn't want to fight the two brothers, the rest have all been beaten by one of the three other guys....except for Audley Harrison. He is not only big enough to be perceived as a threat, he has that bit of class in and out of the ring which boxing needs. That little bit of confidence to capture crowds as he dazzles them with his super white teeth and gradient smile. That little bit of adversity he has had to overcome, time and time again, to finally get to be in contention for a world title shot.

He also has his fair share of detractors, but he is a name and like him or not people still talk about him, and have done for the past ten years. Audley Harrison is what the heavyweight division needs, and win or lose, his fight with Haye HAS to happen because the scenario after it makes a showdown with the Klitschkos that little bit more appealing, and necessary. If David Haye wins, which mostly British people think he will, he has beaten a big 6 foot 6 18 stone muscular banger who, physique wise, resembles a Klitschko. They won't say he is too small if he beats Harrison (forget Valuev, different ball game entirely). If he does beat Audley, he has absolutely no one else to fight. He just simply must fight a Klitschko brother by the end of the year...

Now, if Audley Harrison wins, it will go down in the record books as the single greatest comeback off all time. Audley Harrison will have beaten a fast, hard punching, younger champion when everyone said he could not do it. The Americans want him to win, because they dislike David Haye because, well because he is David Haye. The British fans in general don't want him to win, because they don't want to have to face up to the fact that they are crabs in a bucket. They want him to fail so they can feel better about themselves. Britian, let's face it, is a shit country. The weather is depressing, the government is oppressing, and the queen is German. The country is in a bad state, and it mirrors heavyweight boxing in a way where it is divided, without a clear outcome at the end of a treacherous period in its time.

We as boxing fans, as a nation, are scared and disillusioned so that we cannot see what is right in front of our very eyes, something that is special and precious and has all the makings to be a classic. We have been thrown stinkers in the past, dealt bad hands in politics, in football, and every, almost, every heavyweight fight has been a stinker for years on end. We don't want to be duped again, get our hopes up for a clash which might never came off, or if it does will stink the joint out, or erode in corruption. A fight between too British heavyweights, one who deserves a title shot more than Danny Williams ever did, more than Leon Spinks ever did, more than Buster Douglas ever did. Between two heavy punchers with less than iron jaws, one who simply has to perform because he cannot live with himself if he doesn't, one who is so driven and determined that against all odds he has come back to get where he is, simply is good for boxing, and good for Great Britain.

IN CLOSING

Destiny is a powerful thing. Somewhere in all of us is the potential to create a reality where we can be happy, healthy, 5 foot 5 or more inches tall, and fulfilled in a non-gay way. We can focus on the negative if we choose, and we do often choose because it is constantly drilled into us that we are not infinite potential, bombarded into us nonstop by TV, by friends, by a gloomy grey sky. Yes, he has lost, he has come back only to lose again, he has been ridiculed, thrown a side, over looked, yet after ten years of this a little spark in Audley Harrison remained, which said quietly "Audley Harrison will become world champion."

My friends, that little spark grew into a flame, which in turn developed into a blazing fire that is going to become an all conquering furnace of desire and greatness. For once in a long time we have a legitimate rivalry, something to celebrate, talk about with friends and strangers alike, a rivalry between a man on top of his game and the man who never quiet achieved what he should have and because of that we resent him, because each of us knows inside that for whatever reason we have not achieved what we could have achieved, both individually and collectively. Quite simply, Audley Harrison MUST get a title shot against David Haye, and we Brits can all join hands together, in a non-gay way, as we watch perhaps the final moments of the career of Audley Harrison, or the beginning of something which we can all admire and be proud to say we were apart of. If Audley Harrison cam overcome all of the obstacles he has had to, self inflicted or not, then so can each and every one of us.

All together people "YES WE CAN!"

Yours in manliness,
    Fantana
    5 foot 4 inches and 154 lbs of PURE MAN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow. That's all I can say. I will definetley watch this now.Thankyou.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hear Sky Box Office want you to go on a national promotional tour to sell this fight to the people.

Wow, just wow.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I posted that this should happen on another thread

My argument had holes in I guess but now you have plugged them all

Everyone will remember where they were this summer - wembley here we come
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You said what my subconcious had been thinking!

Let's get it on!

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I picked up a SRR biagraphy at the market last weekend, £1 It cost. I asked the guy if he had any more boxing books, he said he had an Audley Harrison one, I chuckled and walked on.

That is all.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When you put it like that fantana you do have one point which is money but really there is no real justification for the fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    When you put it like that fantana you do have one point which is money but really there is no real justification for the fight.
    Yeah not any more because Lance Whittaker is back! Sure he suffered a knock down, but he rallied to win a UD.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Huge Haye fan met him had a laugh with him got his autograph, If Haye takes this fight I hope he gets knocked out.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't see them selling out Wembley but they could fill the O2 or the MEN. The real potential in this fight is the Sky PPV money though. If they did 1.5 million buys then that's £22.5 million. Sky would keep about half that and the VATman would get a chunk off the top but that would leave nine or ten million for the promotion. To put that inperspective the "Klitschko brothers" make about one and a half mil from German TV per fight. So Haye is in a position where he's able to make more money than the Klitschkos do by fighting Fraudley. He can always fight one of the "brothers" after the Audley fight, they're both desperate to get their sewn-on hands on a chunk of that Sky PPV cash.

But you can't blame him for thinking about the Audley fight before he fights one of them. It's a short career, Sky obviously want to do it and would give the fight huge promotion, once he loses he won't have the same earning power and he can get 60-70% of the split against Audley with a guaranteed rematch clause should Audley spark him. He wouldn't be human if he wasn't thinking about the possibility. Look at some of the stiffs the "brothers" have been fighting recently, Audley isn't that much worse than some of them.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    I can't see them selling out Wembley but they could fill the O2 or the MEN. The real potential in this fight is the Sky PPV money though. If they did 1.5 million buys then that's £22.5 million. Sky would keep about half that and the VATman would get a chunk off the top but that would leave nine or ten million for the promotion. To put that inperspective the "Klitschko brothers" make about one and a half mil from German TV per fight. So Haye is in a position where he's able to make more money than the Klitschkos do by fighting Fraudley. He can always fight one of the "brothers" after the Audley fight, they're both desperate to get their sewn-on hands on a chunk of that Sky PPV cash.

But you can't blame him for thinking about the Audley fight before he fights one of them. It's a short career, Sky obviously want to do it and would give the fight huge promotion, once he loses he won't have the same earning power and he can get 60-70% of the split against Audley with a guaranteed rematch clause should Audley spark him. He wouldn't be human if he wasn't thinking about the possibility. Look at some of the stiffs the "brothers" have been fighting recently, Audley isn't that much worse than some of them.
    Audley would have gotten schooled by everyone the Klitschko's have recently fought maybe bar Sosnowski but the guy showed a decent chin vs Vitali...still he's the only one that's close to Audley's level

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The main reason haye must fight audley is because other than that his only option would be to fight one of the klitchkos.....and he sure as hell doesn't want that. Next he'll have reasons why he and andrew golota should get it on, maybe kevin mcbride after that.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

very good posting

Harrison is finally ready for the challenge of his life, rest assured if lands a clean hard punch on the likes of haye and the klitschkos its fight over instantly.

Time for audley to win back his pride and knockout the hayemaker
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Apparently it's on :

Audley Harrison agrees £1m deal for WBA world heavyweight title fight against David Haye | Mail Online

I don't understand the one million or the five million numbers but there you go. I can imagine Audley is on a one million guarantee with a slice of PPV money on top but if they do 1 million PPV buys then the promotion grosses 15 million or six/seven after Sky and the VATman get their cut and that's before they sell 20 000 tickets.

Thread Information