Thread: Manny Joins a very elite club..fighters to win "fighter of the decade"

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny Joins a very elite club..fighters to win "fighter of the decade"

The Boxing Writers Association of America doesn't just give their prestigeous awards to unproven pus$ies like Floyd... period.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny Joins a very elite club..fighters to win "fighter of the decade"

Quote Originally Posted by milmascaras1 View Post
    although pacquiao probably deserved this so called fighter of the decade award, most knowledgeable boxing fans will submit that floyd jr. IS the better boxer with the unblemished record but because floyd jr. took two years off, the logical choice would be pacquiao.
    Something very unforeseeable to many is clouding your judgement. Unblemished? That means nothing. I think Floyd could have made a bigger footprint in the "other 8-9 years" of the decade he was fighting. He only took off 16 months or so, right?

He had plenty of time to make money, or fight for his legacy. We ALL know which he chose.

Don't make me bring up my other comments I made on Floyd fighting the FEATHER DUSTER MAKER FROM ARGENTINA for the WW Championship.
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

jonny,

you have your opines, i have mine! but most boxing fans pick mayweather jr. to beat pacquiao by decision if they ever fought! and please don't give me the excuse that pacquiao started at 106 lbs. cause he definitely ain't 106 lbs. anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=Bilbo;886461]
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Lo View Post
    Floyd is a better boxer than Manny but when it comes to who defied the odds, took the bigger challenges and fought for the fans, not just himself, Manny is easily ousting Floyd there.

I'm not totally sold on that really. I mean can u name a single oponent of Manny's that Floyd wouldn't be an overwhelming favourite to win not just the fight, but cirtually every round?

Manny hasn no names on his resume that anyone would expect Floyd to trip up against.

If Floyd had fought all of Manny's opponents its hard to argue against him being 56-0 now.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree Floyd would probably win all those fights but the problem is he didnt fight them.....

Floyd didnt fight hatton at 140 when Floyd moved up.
    Floyd didnt fight Margarito and Cotto when they were thought to be unstoppable at 147.....

If he had fought them and won more people would be talking about Floyd's greatness. The other problem with Floyd is he cries and whines so much before fights, especially with Pac, just take the dam fight...
    PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals
    The only Acceptable Gun Control Law: Always use two hands when firing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Floyd is a better boxer than Manny but when it comes to who defied the odds, took the bigger challenges and fought for the fans, not just himself, Manny is easily ousting Floyd there.

I'm not totally sold on that really. I mean can u name a single oponent of Manny's that Floyd wouldn't be an overwhelming favourite to win not just the fight, but cirtually every round?

Manny hasn no names on his resume that anyone would expect Floyd to trip up against.

If Floyd had fought all of Manny's opponents its hard to argue against him being 56-0 now.
    Good point but I also think that at this point Manny could very well have beaten every single opponent PBF has fought his whole career. Overall if Mosely is Floyds best guy in his resume I might say Manny has both Cotto and Clottey who are also bullstrong warriors themselves. I also consider the fact that Manny is the first person to have 7 championships in 7 differents weightclasses and also the only boxer to have 4 lineal world titles.
    Floyd has beaten every man he has ever faced and hasnt been knocked out along the way.

Floyd would have also beaten a washed up Erik Morales.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post

If Floyd had fought all of Manny's opponents its hard to argue against him being 56-0 now.
    Good point but I also think that at this point Manny could very well have beaten every single opponent PBF has fought his whole career. Overall if Mosely is Floyds best guy in his resume I might say Manny has both Cotto and Clottey who are also bullstrong warriors themselves. I also consider the fact that Manny is the first person to have 7 championships in 7 differents weightclasses and also the only boxer to have 4 lineal world titles.
    Floyd has beaten every man he has ever faced and hasnt been knocked out along the way.

Floyd would have also beaten a washed up Erik Morales.
    They're only "washed up" after Manny disposed them. FACT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    2000s: Manny Pacquiao – Sorry Floyd but you need to fight the best to be the best. Runner up: Floyd Mayweather.

Too true
    Fair enough, but who exactly is that person that Floyd needs to fight?

Manny? And what happens when Floyd walks through Manny?

Who will be the best that he has to beat then to get his credit?

He will never satisfy, you know. Never.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NuthaPug View Post
    2000s: Manny Pacquiao – Sorry Floyd but you need to fight the best to be the best. Runner up: Floyd Mayweather.

Too true

Pretty sure he will get credit for that, being the bigger/ more skilled man HE SHOULD!
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NuthaPug View Post

Too true

I think its more of when he chose to fight the "who"... they were done...I say this as Mayweather supporter, they were done before he got to them and not as a result of him beating them.

Done= not prime and not at their best....
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just read this article from Fightfan. Find out what Floyd senior has to say on Pacman's BWAA award.

FIGHTHYPE \\ FLOYD MAYWEATHER SR.: "WHAT AWARD THEY GONNA GIVE MY SON WHEN HE WHOOPS PACQUAIO"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dench View Post
    I just read this article from Fightfan. Find out what Floyd senior has to say on Pacman's BWAA award.

FIGHTHYPE \\ FLOYD MAYWEATHER SR.: "WHAT AWARD THEY GONNA GIVE MY SON WHEN HE WHOOPS PACQUAIO"

He a makes solid points, but floyd's best fights were in 2001 and 2002..and to be honest the corrales fight was a master performance against a weigh drawn Diego...

Pac won the award because he should have gotten it.

What floyd could have done is all moot now, because he had a chance to demolish all the top guys before they became exposed, ruined, old, or too small in publics eye, but he chose to become a mega money maker first, legacy second and that's the sacrifice he has to live with....

but I do wonder what award they give him after he taxes PACMAN's ass
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mr Baggins

If you're talking about pound for pound then i say Erik Morales, Marco Antonio barrera and Juan Manuel Marquez are capable of beating Floyd specially Erik. Now in reality Floyd is just too big for these guys. Only Pac has a chance despite the size disadvantage.

Floyd might go 56-0 as well but that wont happen. Floyd probably wont fight the 3 if they are the same size. I'll bet he'll go for Scott Harrison, In Jin Chi and Rocky Juarez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd snoozed... Floyd lost. That's why true greats don't just retire in their prime to avoid dangerous opponents. And funny thing is... Floyd is doing again for the new BWAA decade. Lol. He sure aint getting the award again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miron_lang View Post

Mr Baggins

If you're talking about pound for pound then i say Erik Morales, Marco Antonio barrera and Juan Manuel Marquez are capable of beating Floyd specially Erik. Now in reality Floyd is just too big for these guys. Only Pac has a chance despite the size disadvantage.

Floyd might go 56-0 as well but that wont happen. Floyd probably wont fight the 3 if they are the same size. I'll bet he'll go for Scott Harrison, In Jin Chi and Rocky Juarez.
    Sakto!!
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thread Information