Thread: Manny Joins a very elite club..fighters to win "fighter of the decade"

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny Joins a very elite club..fighters to win "fighter of the decade"

Quote Originally Posted by Tysonbruno View Post
    Look at it this way Mayweather has been P4P#1 for more years than Pacquiao through this decade and 2 of his biggest wins De La Hoya and Hatton Floyd had already beaten and De La Hoya was the number 1 at his strong weight Light-Middle when Floyd beat him.
    Who has Manny ever dodged?

I can tell you who Floyd has:

Ricky Hatton at 140 - Floyd stopped at the weight and fought Gatti, Brussles, and Corley....Corley almost sparked him so he decided not to fight hatton maybe

Margarito and Cotto at 147 - When Floyd moved up to 147 he fought Mitchell, Judah, Baldomir, and Hatton....ha....Thats the best you can do at 147?

I am not saying these guys beat Floyd but he should have fought them when people at least thought they posed a threat........

If you look at the 10 fights Floyd fought above 140 the only real threats were De La Hoya and Mosley, and Floyd fought scared vs ODLH.

If you look at Mannys 4 fights above 140 he took on dangerous opponents in ODLH (manny at least chose to fight), Hatton (at 140), Cotto and Clottey.
    PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals
    The only Acceptable Gun Control Law: Always use two hands when firing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny Joins a very elite club..fighters to win "fighter of the decade"

According to floyd he fights for money not legacy so why do they even care what award he gets or doesn't get...
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Look at it this way Mayweather has been P4P#1 for more years than Pacquiao through this decade and 2 of his biggest wins De La Hoya and Hatton Floyd had already beaten and De La Hoya was the number 1 at his strong weight Light-Middle when Floyd beat him.

Ricky Hatton at 140 - Floyd stopped at the weight and fought Gatti, Brussles, and Corley....Corley almost sparked him so he decided not to fight hatton maybe

Margarito and Cotto at 147 - When Floyd moved up to 147 he fought Mitchell, Judah, Baldomir, and Hatton....ha....Thats the best you can do at 147?

I am not saying these guys beat Floyd but he should have fought them when people at least thought they posed a threat........

If you look at the 10 fights Floyd fought above 140 the only real threats were De La Hoya and Mosley, and Floyd fought scared vs ODLH.

If you look at Mannys 4 fights above 140 he took on dangerous opponents in ODLH (manny at least chose to fight), Hatton (at 140), Cotto and Clottey.
    Clottey and Mosley were not considered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post

But Hatton was a former world Champ at Welterweight so he was enough of a threat at 147lbs to win a title also Mayweather would have done the same with Hatton at 140lbs i think people do get blinded by Pacquiao's man of the people thing and he only jumped on De La Hoya because Freddie Roach spotted the I.V marks on his arm where they had been trying to rehydrate him had De La Hoya been fully Hydrated Manny wouldn't have been so aggressive but this is only my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Tysonbruno

Hatton was not really a threat @ 147, actually he(Hatton) fighting at Collazo exposed him on that fight he's no good at that particular weight tbh.

It could be true regarding IV marks.. I guess fighting DLH was not Pacquiao scope he's too big Pac also he came from fresh win from LW(135) with D.Diaz no one expect to fight straight with ODLH @ 147, even on DLH part on Pacquiao was out scope came from fight Stevie Forbes and waiting for the part II of DLH vs. Mayweather, till Floyd retires. I didn't see Pac calling DLH on that time still we know ODLH was best on that time @ 154.

Hatton could be a threat @ 140 (pre Castillo) for Mayweather even the 2000-02 version of Kostya Tsyzu... I dont say May "Jr" can't win this ... still i could consider that will be a threat for him.... still he choose to fight Gatti (Rip) who was on that time was a stripped champ.... the belt came from an injured/semi retired Tsyzu.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    You've got to be kidding me. Has Manny arguably had a better last few years than Floyd? Yes. But its called FIGHTER OF THE DECADE. Floyd far and above has been the best fighter of this decade.
    But manny still has the last laugh..it is useless to whine...

Thread Information