Thread: Manny Joins a very elite club..fighters to win "fighter of the decade"

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Manny Joins a very elite club..fighters to win "fighter of the decade"

"Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny Joins a very elite club..fighters to win "fighter of the decade"

2000s: Manny Pacquiao – Sorry Floyd but you need to fight the best to be the best. Runner up: Floyd Mayweather.

Too true

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny Joins a very elite club..fighters to win "fighter of the decade"

although pacquiao probably deserved this so called fighter of the decade award, most knowledgeable boxing fans will submit that floyd jr. IS the better boxer with the unblemished record but because floyd jr. took two years off, the logical choice would be pacquiao.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pacquiao is the new Trinidad and Floyd is gonna Hppkins him.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Trinidad didn't win fighter of the decade
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Only because Hopkins is NATURALLY BIGGER than Tito, and so is Floyd is NATURALLY BIGGER than Pacquiao. Otherwise it's a different story. Floyds biggest wins in 2000-2009 are against ODLH(UD) and Hatton(Late kayo), Manny stopped both of these guys considering the size difference!!!
    Manny achieved FEATS, went against the ODDS for a man his size and so called one dimensionality!!!
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd became increasingly lackadaisical when it came to fighting the best in his weightclasses towards the second half of the past decade. Manny did too much, too quickly and clearly shot above Floyd as the decade came to a close. Maybe Floyd has the better all round skills (maybe), but Pac has been fighting everyone and doing it in more spectacular style. There is the argument that Hatton and DLH were Floyd leftovers, but Manny had the balls to fight Hatton at 140 and went up two weight classes to fight DLH. It was Oscar that was pursuing that fight let's not forget, so not totally a case of Pac trying to drain everyone. There was no need for the Cotto weight penalty, mind. Catchweights are never cool, but Cotto shouldn't have agreed.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You've got to be kidding me. Has Manny arguably had a better last few years than Floyd? Yes. But its called FIGHTER OF THE DECADE. Floyd far and above has been the best fighter of this decade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this achievement is based on what they have accomplished. its like having a phyiscal therapist who graduated from the philippines who does not have the quarter of a million dollar education of a pt grad out of the usa but still has helped more patients walk and live a better life.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm just glad they don't do a top 5 for each decade as you know they'd find a way to justify including Nonito Donaire on that list.

Probably Bute too

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    I'm just glad they don't do a top 5 for each decade as you know they'd find a way to justify including Nonito Donaire on that list.

Probably Bute too
    Hehe, you really don't like Bute to such a high degree, I really wonder why though.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd is a better boxer than Manny but when it comes to who defied the odds, took the bigger challenges and fought for the fans, not just himself, Manny is easily ousting Floyd there.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by C-Lo View Post
    Floyd is a better boxer than Manny but when it comes to who defied the odds, took the bigger challenges and fought for the fans, not just himself, Manny is easily ousting Floyd there.

I'm not totally sold on that really. I mean can u name a single oponent of Manny's that Floyd wouldn't be an overwhelming favourite to win not just the fight, but cirtually every round?

Manny hasn no names on his resume that anyone would expect Floyd to trip up against.

If Floyd had fought all of Manny's opponents its hard to argue against him being 56-0 now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not totally sold on that really. I mean can u name a single oponent of Manny's that Floyd wouldn't be an overwhelming favourite to win not just the fight, but cirtually every round?

Manny hasn no names on his resume that anyone would expect Floyd to trip up against.

If Floyd had fought all of Manny's opponents its hard to argue against him being 56-0 now.
    I don't doubt that Floyd could beat all the opponents that Manny has beaten. The point of my statement is that Manny was doubted to win some of those fights, more so than Floyd has been in his fights. Manny fought guys who no one ever imagined him sharing a ring with. Floyd has done the same, just not of the same magnitude as Manny, IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good point but I also think that at this point Manny could very well have beaten every single opponent PBF has fought his whole career. Overall if Mosely is Floyds best guy in his resume I might say Manny has both Cotto and Clottey who are also bullstrong warriors themselves. I also consider the fact that Manny is the first person to have 7 championships in 7 differents weightclasses and also the only boxer to have 4 lineal world titles.
    Last edited by Pavlik; 06-14-2010 at 03:56 AM. Reason: grammar
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Thread Information