In reading Fran's MyBoxingCoach newsletter, I was highly encouraged to keep doing something I have been discovering.

[Go sign up for his newsletter at BoxingCoach.Com and read it, it's a quick read.]

The basic idea is you can duck, through the punch, then throw it again up top as you recover.

So, my question is this: I have (a lot of) trouble with squats. It is really difficult for me to squat with a vertical back, even though I do practice and emphasize dropping my butt, back straight, back vertical, chin down, eyes up.

How much should this concern me?

Doing this (duck-punch-punch) is generally working for me so I think it is a good thing, and I am consistently working to get good mechanics in the squat.

Another idea I adopted combines TWO of Fran's tips: this duck-punch-punch, and the idea of the 'blinding jab' where you put your jab in your opponent's face and move to throw the right while he cannot see (this latter is on Fran's web site as a video.)

So, I have been doing this: Jab, and as it blinds him, duck, straight right, jab, recover throwing them back up the body to the head.

The jab prevents him from seeing me go low AND encourages him to protect his head, so sometimes it's like running a machine gun down from his head and then back up his body to his head again.

Thanks Fran!

--
HerbM