User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: James Toney v Randy Couture

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Who's threat doesn't Chicken Little laugh off?

James Toney has been matched to lose, but if you were Dana White wouldn't you do that? You wouldn't let a boxer make a fool of your company and your sport would you? Toney could win but he's got a VERY tough fight.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: James Toney v Randy Couture

This fight is a fucking joke, but what really pisses me off about it is the way the UFC guys (the commentators, White, Couture) are trying to sell James Toney as some kind of legitimate boxer. He's old, shot to bits, and a marginal contender in one of boxing's weakest division.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was one of the most pathetic things I have ever seen.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The UFC fans are going wild now, they want Pacquiao and Mayweather to enter the Octagon to suffer the same fate as Toney and saying that those guys are too gutless to enter the octagon in "real" fighting.

Anyways I knew this would be the outcome. When your fat, broke, and punchdrunk, you enter the UFC and be like Toney or Mercer.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    This fight is a fucking joke, but what really pisses me off about it is the way the UFC guys (the commentators, White, Couture) are trying to sell James Toney as some kind of legitimate boxer. He's old, shot to bits, and a marginal contender in one of boxing's weakest division.
    agreed, like i posted on another site, James Toney hasn't been relevant in BOXING for over 5 yrs, I'd love to see Couture VS Toney in a boxing match and lets see how long Couture would last

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe we can have a Bas Rutten - Vitali Klitschko boxing match next. It would be pretty much the exact same thing. Any UFC, or boxing, fan who thinks this was in any way legitimate is a fucking moron. They're two totally different sports.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

An old, fat Toney took another payday, it has no more meaning than that. I despise that sport anyway, it is crude and foul to watch. If a bunch of know nothing meatheads want to give that bout meaning, well good for them. It has nothing to do with reality though.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol @ Toney been training 9 months. at what, stuffing hot dogs in his face quicker then Kobayashi?

oh well, he got paid. am sure that was the goal.

enjoyed Toney's post fight interview, other then the fact I couldn't understand a word of it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    I honestly dont even know what happened but saw them doing that big time prior...White probally instructed Toney to wear that "heavyweight champion" robe for the camera at weigh in laughing all the way to the bank.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A few days from now, Dana White is going to announce that this UFC ppv did 1.5 million buys or something like that, even though they are a private company and have yet to release those kind of records to validate their claims like HBO which is public and is mandated by the SEC.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    A few days from now, Dana White is going to announce that this UFC ppv did 1.5 million buys or something like that, even though they are a private company and have yet to release those kind of records to validate their claims like HBO which is public and is mandated by the SEC.
    to be fair Top Rank does the same shit all the time on their self broadcasted PPV fights, like Clottey/Pacquiao, although UFC does so in fights with no marquee name fighters involved

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really hope Toney takes his pay check, puts it in the bank and seriously starts to consider giving this fighting career a rest. He is staining his name with constant drug scandals, the ever increasing flab and growing irrelevance. I've always been a huge Toney fan, but I just can't take him seriously anymore. I was against this fight from the start and seeing that was really just pathetic. There was no reason to be doing MMA beyond the paycheck motive.

Come on Toney give it a rest. Enoughs enough.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    I really hope Toney takes his pay check, puts it in the bank and seriously starts to consider giving this fighting career a rest. He is staining his name with constant drug scandals, the ever increasing flab and growing irrelevance. I've always been a huge Toney fan, but I just can't take him seriously anymore. I was against this fight from the start and seeing that was really just pathetic. There was no reason to be doing MMA beyond the paycheck motive.

I have a feeling Roy Jones will attempt MMA also, rumors are that he's broke and looking for a paycheck and that's why he keeps on fighting. Let's say Dana White offers him 1 million to fight George St. Pierre and he will probably take the offer and enter the octagon with a similar result happening tonight.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We bought it at our house tonight. And having watched UFC since UFC 1, my Dad and I hoped against hope that somehow James Toney could get in a good shot or two and KO Randy before Randy took him down.

But alas it played out just as most everyone expected it to, Couture shot in low and took down Toney and choked him out.

It was pathetic on Toney's part and a bit hard to watch him tap.

I wish he woulda just let himself be choked out, passin out wasn't gonna hurt him like an arm bar would.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post

I have a feeling Roy Jones will attempt MMA also, rumors are that he's broke and looking for a paycheck and that's why he keeps on fighting. Let's say Dana White offers him 1 million to fight George St. Pierre and he will probably take the offer and enter the octagon with a similar result happening tonight.
    Where did you get the rumor saying that he was broke?
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Thread Information