Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday Night Fight Night (25th June)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Friday Night Fight Night (25th June)

I know it's still a few days away, but I'm really looking forward to this one. It's heavyweights all night, should see some brutal KO's!

Topping the bill is the Fury vs McDermot rematch, that should be electric, the last was a great fight.

Big Larry Obobululululu is also fighting in what they are trying to promote as another British title eliminator. A few decent up and comers who I've not really seen much of will also be fighting, so should make for a good night.

It's the most I've looked forward to a domestic card for ages

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Friday Night Fight Night (25th June)

i may check out the fury fight

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I look forward to watching these fights I hope that Fury gets KO'd!
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought you were referring to the ESPN ones.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WAR McDERMOTT!!

Gotta try to catch a stream for this as there are no FNF stateside.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Tyson's team have any smarts at all they will have come up with a plan that will give him another win, because last time it was much closer than it should have been, and if he's got any ambitions at all he should win. He's got all the physical attributes over McDermott, just depends how his tactics and brains work.

As for the undercard, Olubamiwo and Dallas are the ones I'm looking to watch. Olubamiwo just hits so hard, and Dallas has been looking better recently, not quite so upright.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Big night tonight!

I've been looking forward to this card for ages, hope it doesn't disapoint!

Predictions?

I think Fury will win UD points, which is a real shame for McDermot as he should have won the first fight and not even had to do this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

McDermot was absolutely robbed last time their met.I hav a feeling Tyson Fury will have a game plan and wont go to war with McDermot as he did last time out.Fury looked gassed last time out and big respect to McDermot for showing us that tyson fury is'nt all that special.I hope its a good fight as was the first!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    If Tyson's team have any smarts at all they will have come up with a plan that will give him another win, because last time it was much closer than it should have been, and if he's got any ambitions at all he should win. He's got all the physical attributes over McDermott, just depends how his tactics and brains work.

As for the undercard, Olubamiwo and Dallas are the ones I'm looking to watch. Olubamiwo just hits so hard, and Dallas has been looking better recently, not quite so upright.
    I had a boxing session at St marys abc in chatham kent a week ago and tom dallas came in at the end as that is where he trains and who he boxed for as an amateur. He didn't look as big as a lot of heavyweights around. Some people really rate him i'm looking forward to watching him fight for the first time tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm sorry but Fury vs McDermott has to be one of the worst two heavyweights I have seen. What a joke!

Is this what it has come to?
    This signiture is up as ante in a 'sig-bet'. Wanna bet anyone?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Isn't Fury the guy that punched himself with an uppercut? What if he knocked himself out? Does the other guy get credit for the k.o.? Now I gotta know...damn it.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, with the "next generation" of heavies having gone through their paces, what do you guys think? (Yup, that's my build up to foisting my own opinions on you!)

Fury showed good heart, and some decent boxing skills early on in the fight, but still left a few more questions than answers. Early on he looked decent, outboxing McDermott, staying on the outside for the most part, and digging in heavy body shots that looked to have some zip in them. Again, he looks very awkward when he's retreating, and the look on his face may well be concentration, but it looks like concern to me. Then in rounds five-seven, the dropoff in his workrate was noticable, he was struggling to catch his breath, sweating profusely and I thought that a good hard combo from McDermott would be lights out. He also got himself cut and a point deducted for hanging on. In the eighth h seemed to land one hard shot which spurred him on, and he finally pounded the fight out of McDermott, the body shots were fierce again and he showed his character in finishing it off. And the tears in the post-fight interview....hang on to them until the world title. Overall, he did well enough, but looked to get dispirited in the middle rounds, and could do with more competitive bouts before he goes in with someone with teeth like Chisora.

As for the undercard, Olubamiwo took less than a round to finish Dave Ferguson, heavy hitting, but hard to judge him again as its over so quick. Probably closer to a British title shot IMO than Fury though.

Tom Dallas, boxed well against a very durable journeyman, showed plenty of good shots that would have finished many a journeyman, boxes well, good workrate, but will he be able to make the step up.

David Price. Nothing to report, he effectively won a fight without throwing a clean punch. Pavol Polakovic didn't want to be in there and took a dive at the first opportunity. In fact, Polakovic landed a left before he quit, so he probably landed the better punch.

All in all, nothing decided.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    Well, with the "next generation" of heavies having gone through their paces, what do you guys think? (Yup, that's my build up to foisting my own opinions on you!)

Fury showed good heart, and some decent boxing skills early on in the fight, but still left a few more questions than answers. Early on he looked decent, outboxing McDermott, staying on the outside for the most part, and digging in heavy body shots that looked to have some zip in them. Again, he looks very awkward when he's retreating, and the look on his face may well be concentration, but it looks like concern to me. Then in rounds five-seven, the dropoff in his workrate was noticable, he was struggling to catch his breath, sweating profusely and I thought that a good hard combo from McDermott would be lights out. He also got himself cut and a point deducted for hanging on. In the eighth h seemed to land one hard shot which spurred him on, and he finally pounded the fight out of McDermott, the body shots were fierce again and he showed his character in finishing it off. And the tears in the post-fight interview....hang on to them until the world title. Overall, he did well enough, but looked to get dispirited in the middle rounds, and could do with more competitive bouts before he goes in with someone with teeth like Chisora.

As for the undercard, Olubamiwo took less than a round to finish Dave Ferguson, heavy hitting, but hard to judge him again as its over so quick. Probably closer to a British title shot IMO than Fury though.

Tom Dallas, boxed well against a very durable journeyman, showed plenty of good shots that would have finished many a journeyman, boxes well, good workrate, but will he be able to make the step up.

David Price. Nothing to report, he effectively won a fight without throwing a clean punch. Pavol Polakovic didn't want to be in there and took a dive at the first opportunity. In fact, Polakovic landed a left before he quit, so he probably landed the better punch.

All in all, nothing decided.
    Although Fury showed he can still have snap in his punches even when he's exhausted, he was doing some strange things in there, I was just waiting for him to quit. He really didn't look like he wanted to be there.

I was also expecting McD to jump on him with any one of the many times he turned his back on him and strolled back into a corner to get his stance ready. Defend yourself at all times, someone like big Larry would have been chasing him down.

Where does McD go from here? Would be a shame to now see him journeying around getting beat by up and comers.

Fury has skills, heart and power, but looks like he isn't learning quick enough.

Big Larry is a wrecking machine, will be interesting to see where he goes, because who ever he hits is going to drop and he looks physically perfect, no flab on the guy at all.

Dallas did ok, but was more of a solid sparing session.

Price fight was a farce, the replays showed the guy barely got hit. Although I did like the way Price made the guy fear the big shot for the whole round.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Should also say that Larry looks more defined now, before he was just a big blob of muscle, now he's muscley in the right areas.

He has also learnt how to box now, which always helps!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont think ive ever seen a fight that illustrated how important it is to be properly fit and in shape. They were both fcuked after about 5 or 6 rounds. If Fury doesnt sort that out hes gona get KOd by anyone really good. Will he learn though? Or will he just think I KOd the guy so it was a great win.

Thread Information