Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The logic of some posters kills me.....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The logic of some posters kills me.....

I have to say the logic that some guys use to dis-credit a fighter is amusing...I wonder if posting they were either Drunk, hit their head, haters or just have zero idea what they are speaking of....

I mean I love how a fighter can be just about perfect and beat every fighter there was to beat and some clown will say something like..."He was 3 minutes late arriving at an arena one time he never took the sport serious"....A bit exaggerated yes but still not a far cry from some of the things I have seen.....This came to me in another running thread at the moment with some of the replies there.....

It is not even when dis-crediting a fighter but even when trying to boost a fighter some logic has been outrageous....Some of my favorites about a few fighters over time I have read here...Somew about guys I like to watch some about ones I hate either way the logic is just silly....

PBF- Has a glass chin because he was rocked against JLC....He did not defend his WW title because it was not worth the money....Floyd's returned to the sport because he wanted to clean up the sport......Floyd is scared of Manny....

Lucian Bute- He only wins because he is at home...It is easier to get a KO at home .....he showed in the first Andrade fight stamina is an issue (one time in his career after a tough bout he was dominating and he never gassed a single time ever so this means he has zero stamina).....

Pacquiao- He has to be on steroids because he refused the test when Floyd wanted it....He is not durable because he has been stopped before (though the fact he was 17 and 19 at 105lbs means nothing has changed since then)...Pacquiao is over rated because he lost to Morales....He has only beaten fighter at WW on the downslide and who nare bnweight drained (Im sorry Cotto was what? Clottey sure as hell did not look drained in fact Clottey may be the biggest and strongest natural WW going and no height does not mean size I am talking about all around)

Lennox Lewis- Had a glass Jaw because he was KO'd by Rahman and McCall (never mind the fact he stood up to Bruno, Tyson, Holyfield, Tua, Mercer, Botha, Briggs, Golota, Grant, Ruddock without going down )

Ricky Hatton- He always was over rated ( thoiugh no mention of the fact he lost only to the top 2 P4P fighters going today, held his own with 1 of them held titles in 2 weight classes and had only 1 loss at 140)

Joe Calzaghe- He avoided Jones until he knew Jones was shot by staying at home to fight (no mention of the fact Jones never went over there to fight, admitted he did not fight Clazaghe because at the time he had too much to lose, the fact Calzaghe came here to fight Jones and Jones called him out to fight during Joes fight against Hopkins Roy mentioned svereal times he wanted the winner)

Miguel Cotto- The only reason he lost is because Margarito was with loaded gloves and Manny was on Roids (as much as I like Cotto he has been down plenty of times even at 140...Yes the Tony fight anything is possible with that cheater but lost to Pacquiao because Manny is on roids? When was this proven? The posters reply was it is true because he would not take Floyds test)

Freddie Roach- All his fighters use PEDS...Because Manny reused PBF test means that Vazquez, JCC jr, DLH, Virgil Hill, Marlon Starling, Anderson Silva etc are all PED users at one time or another?

Seriously what are some of the lamest things you have ever seen posted about a fighters trainer etc...Where you read it and just stare blankly at the monitor wondering if this person actually remembers to put their underwear on the inside of their mpants when they get dressed

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The logic of some posters kills me.....

Theres should be licenses to post here...the only thing that bothers me is when people pick at Joe Calzaghes career and question whether he is a legend in the sport or not of course he is 46-0-0 32KO, idiots aside from that i let the other stuff slip.
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good post !!! I say to each thier own. There are guys such as yourself who are very knowledgable when it comes to this sport but there is always room for those who aren't. I for one don't really know all that much, i'm just a fan and squeeze in the sport when i can here and there but come to places like this cause i enjoy the discussions right or wrong. Most of what is posted around here is opnion and no matter how dumb or sensless everyone is entitled to thiers. The pac roid thing for example. There are those who think he uses there are those who don't. I happen to think he doesn't and innocent till proven guilty, but i've heard some decent cases to argue otherwise. Bottom line is no one here knows for sure either way, and the discussion about the subject is what places like this are for. I knew almost nothing about the sport before coming here some will say i still don't and that again is fine, im just saying the mix of those in the know and not is what makes this place frustrating probably for the more knowledable guys but fun for the rest of us. To use my example again..what if. And i'm saying IF pac is on something. What does that say about those who swear on thier firstborn that he isn't. Does that make them any more or less worthy to post and opinion here ? No one knows any of these guys personally most of what is put here is a result of something heard or read in the media, as with the case with madaina everything written and said isn't true. Opinions are pretty much the only thing any of us have. I'd be willing to bet there are those in pac's own camp that dont know for sure.....so how can any of us. But for the record i agree with most of what daxx originally wrote.
    Last edited by Mar; 06-23-2010 at 08:34 PM.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post
    Good post !!! I say to each thier own. There are guys such as yourself who are very knowledgable when it comes to this sport but there is always room for those who aren't. I for one don't really know all that much, i'm just a fan and squeeze in the sport when i can here and there but come to places like this cause i enjoy the discussions right or wrong. Most of what is posted around here is opnion and no matter how dumb or sensless everyone is entitled to thiers. The pac roid thing for example. There are those who think he uses there are those who don't. I happen to think he doesn't and innocent till proven guilty, but i've heard some decent cases to argue otherwise. Bottom line is no one here knows for sure either way, and the discussion about the subject is what places like this are for. I knew almost nothing about the sport before coming here some will say i still don't and that again is fine, im just saying the mix of those in the know and not is what makes this place frustrating probably for the more knowledable guys but fun for the rest of us.
    Oh make no mistakes I do get amused I just wonder sometimes if the person actually put thought into it....Like in my head I picture the movie Stand by Me and when not posting they are debating stuff at home like...Do you think Mighty Mouse could beat Superman?...And the next post replies.....Mighty Mouse is a cartoon Superman is a real person of Course Superman would win if they fought ....

You are left like ...........

I was more or less curious about some of the most crazy logic some of the other posters here have either read or gotten into a debate with someone or the most crazy things they have had used against them while the other person was trying to rationalize their point

Was not really a post who knows what or more then the other guy.....I had a doozy used against me one time by a certain well known media personality who's name I can not mention that I was in a debate with at a bar before a fight card and they were a bit tipsy while we debated Rocky Marciano and why I did not feel he was the ATG HW champion....After saying it was because Marciano lacked that one big fight against a prime HW champion due to his era his reply was...

No it is because you are a racist and can not bring yourself to allow an Italian to be ranked #1....So I asked why would I be racist against Italians?...He said because it is close to being Black.....I said to him my stepfather was black and my step brothers and sisters are black so how am I against Black people.....His reply to that....Because none of them are boxers!!! ...And he was serious as cancer......So I guess some people will use just about anything to try and make themselves the winner in a debate no matter how stupid they sound

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"PBF should get full credit against JMM because JMM was actually bigger than floyd, just look at his shoulders and chest..."
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather View Post
    "PBF should get full credit against JMM because JMM was actually bigger than floyd, just look at his shoulders and chest..."
    Not too mention the fact he beat a man who drank his own urine!!!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Level headed points Daxx...both sides.Alot of it you can see through but key thing is to consider the source.Some would say anything to tear a guy down,all the while only sacrificing any valid points along the way.It highlights itself as shallow.Spin wizards will say anything,develope patterns and some need to be handed a pair of big red shoes and a over sized clown wig at the door....like Saddoboxer for example eventually they just become a laughing stock.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Excellent and fun to read, Daxx.

Still, I try not to get to scientific with my boxing breakdown. Beside the fact that I don't have the skill to write a serious piece of journalism, I simply enjoy the bullshit sessions.

Mostly, the DaxxKahn's, CutMeMick's, and Killersheep's of the world are just for me to listen to and learn from. You guys are the professors of my boxing sphere. It's the other students, the guys who make ridiculous comments and draw one absurd comparison after another that spice things up and create banter.

How do you champion one fighter over another without highlighting aspects of their personality, career or choice in trunks? Seriously. One case may be weak and one case may be strong, but they both attempt the same thing.

Personal attacks between posters get to me. Personal attacks against fighters make me chuckle. It's just my way.

I love your post and understand your frustration. It just doesn't get under my skin like it does yours.
    Last edited by BoxingGorilla; 06-24-2010 at 12:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla View Post
    Excellent and fun to read, Daxx.

Still, I try not to get to scientific with my boxing breakdown. Beside the fact that I don't have the skill to write a serious piece of journalism, I simply enjoy the bullshit sessions.

Mostly, the DaxxKahn's, CutMeMick's, and Killersheep's of the world are just for me to listen to and learn from. You guys are the professors of my boxing sphere. It's the other students, the guys who make ridiculous comments and draw one absurd comparison after another that spice things up and create banter.

How do you champion one fighter over another without highlighting aspects of their personality, career or choice in trunks? Seriously. One case may be weak and one case may be strong, but they both attempt the same thing.

Personal attacks between posters get to me. Personal attacks against fighters make me chuckle. It's just my way.

I love your post and understand your frustration. It just doesn't get under my skin like it does yours.
    Some guys get under my skin but not like they used to....Guys who goad other people, use countries as an insult...EG- Y9ou only think that way because all you guys from country XYZ are idiots etc.......

Others that are just plain out crazy drive me nuts because I INSIST on trying to keep the debate up....The again it is my own fault....I am a sucker for punishment I guess ha ha....

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather View Post
    Not too mention the fact he beat a man who drank his own urine!!!!
    He drinks his urine so they cant test him for PEDS, obviously.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    Lennox Lewis- Had a glass Jaw because he was KO'd by Rahman and McCall (never mind the fact he stood up to Bruno, Tyson, Holyfield, Tua, Mercer, Botha, Briggs, Golota, Grant, Ruddock without going down )

Ricky Hatton- He always was over rated ( thoiugh no mention of the fact he lost only to the top 2 P4P fighters going today, held his own with 1 of them held titles in 2 weight classes and had only 1 loss at 140)

Joe Calzaghe- He avoided Jones until he knew Jones was shot by staying at home to fight (no mention of the fact Jones never went over there to fight, admitted he did not fight Clazaghe because at the time he had too much to lose, the fact Calzaghe came here to fight Jones and Jones called him out to fight during Joes fight against Hopkins Roy mentioned svereal times he wanted the winner)
    No Lewis jaw wasn't glass. But you saying he stood up to the shots of Tyson, Golota (Ha!), Tua and Botha had me laughing. When exactly did he do that? You can't say you took somebodies punches if they never landed on you flush. I'm trying to remember if Golota even threw a punch. Much less connect with one

Hatton was always overrated. Name a good fighter Hatton beat that was in his prime.

Are you kidding me? Actual quote from Calzaghe back in 99

Joe Calzaghe - The Daily Mirror - June 1 - 1999 -
    "I'm not chasing after Roy Jones. Be honest, Roy Jones is a good fighter and I don't want tough fights, I just want big money."

El Kabong Guest

....this thread is just a whole "You can't prove Manny Pacquiao did PED's" rant

Lennox Lewis' chin was questionable that's a fact he got hurt numerous times, now it wasn't a glass jaw but it wasn't rock solid either so don't try to make that the case. Shannon Briggs should have had a knockdown scored over Lewis because the ropes help Lennox up, Bruno was hurting Lennox as well....those guys were big punchers and there's nothing wrong with getting buzzed by those guys, but let's not pretend that Lennox was unhurtable.

Miguel Cotto did get robbed vs Margarito, we all saw what Shane did to Toni when the loaded wraps DEFINENTLY weren't used and I will throw out the fact that a bum like Luis Resto was able to take hard punches vs Billy Collins when he had loaded gloves.

Ricky Hatton and Joe Calzaghe have big wins vs big names but they were ALL old so explain to me how they get credit and Rocky Marciano doesn't? I give Calzaghe credit for beating Lacy and Kessler but Roy and B-Hop....no way.

Floyd has a weak chin because his Dad and Uncle had weak chins.....unless Floyd's Mama has a granite chin I doubt he has one too.

I have nothing against Roach or Bute, although I think Bute is going to have his hands full vs Hopkins just because the guy fights in an ugly manner and Bute isn't used to the rough stuff

I hate it when people think Tyson would beat everyone without any trouble at all
    Last edited by El Kabong; 06-24-2010 at 12:23 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Level headed points Daxx...both sides.Alot of it you can see through but key thing is to consider the source.Some would say anything to tear a guy down,all the while only sacrificing any valid points along the way.It highlights itself as shallow.Spin wizards will say anything,develope patterns and some need to be handed a pair of big red shoes and a over sized clown wig at the door....like Saddoboxer for example eventually they just become a laughing stock.
    OK, but when compared to some of the--what I would call tabloid sites--Saddo is pretty dammn good. In fact, one of the reasons I have posted hrer over the years is to get ideas and opinions. I mean, if you want to have a political debate AD NAUSEUM or have posters repeat themselves 1,560,000 times as to whether Floyd can beat Pac or whether Pac is on PED'S I can refer you to at least 3 such sites by private message. I also know one where the exchanges are fast becoming h-mo-erotic (is that politically incorrect?) All in all, Saddo has very solid posters IMO, especially when compared to the few site that allow posting without any registering--so that haters, morons, flamers, stalkers, imbeciles, racists, perverts, pyschos, sociopaths, and other vermin are allowed to post at will--or are allowed to attack the writers at will.

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great topic and completely agree with all points made. I have been guilty in the past of doing the same things as most have.

One thing I hate is when posters downgrade fighters by claiming they weren't World Class. It gets to the point of where they seem to think most fighters are rubbish except the few they idolise.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    OK, but when compared to some of the--what I would call tabloid sites--Saddo is pretty dammn good. In fact, one of the reasons I have posted hrer over the years is to get ideas and opinions. I mean, if you want to have a political debate AD NAUSEUM or have posters repeat themselves 1,560,000 times as to whether Floyd can beat Pac or whether Pac is on PED'S I can refer you to at least 3 such sites by private message. I also know one where the exchanges are fast becoming h-mo-erotic (is that politically incorrect?) All in all, Saddo has very solid posters IMO, especially when compared to the few site that allow posting without any registering--so that haters, morons, flamers, stalkers, imbeciles, racists, perverts, pyschos, sociopaths, and other vermin are allowed to post at will--or are allowed to attack the writers at will.
    It does.Saddos is bar none the cream of the crop and vast majority of members and the depth here blows all others from the water.Its pro ball compared to others minor leauge.Its the refugees,trolls and cast aways from those other sites that stand out and eventually exit stage left.We knock heads and it gets heated in spots with debates but that juvenile pre school stuff doesnt last.

Thread Information