Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default curtis woodhouse. I tip my hat to the man

Just watched him on sky but I no his story, for those that don't no, he was a good football player, not the best, but he could of made himself 10 to 20 grand a week easy for the rest of his life, but he thought no fukk that, he loved the fight game that much he'd rather fight for free then to be rich playing football. Now that too me is half the reason why I love boxing, pure love and dedication for the game. Seriously it's what it's all about for me. Ok he might not ever make it too the top, and he nos that, and he even said that. I just think it's a great story, and I wish him all the best..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: curtis woodhouse. I tip my hat to the man

Quote Originally Posted by paddy448 View Post
    Just watched him on sky but I no his story, for those that don't no, he was a good football player, not the best, but he could of made himself 10 to 20 grand a week easy for the rest of his life, but he thought no fukk that, he loved the fight game that much he'd rather fight for free then to be rich playing football. Now that too me is half the reason why I love boxing, pure love and dedication for the game. Seriously it's what it's all about for me. Ok he might not ever make it too the top, and he nos that, and he even said that. I just think it's a great story, and I wish him all the best..

Paddy you no I love you mate top guy top poster, But Woodhouse was decent in his younger days but was falling lower and lower and was not seeing anywhere near 10-20 k a week, I heard he is still playing non league to get him by, when he decided to go pro he was playing for Grimsby Town mate he would been lucky to be on 500 quid a week.

But hats off to him I like the man and he is getting better every fight, I think he will just fall short of British Title level but he might get a nice shot in there somewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok skel u got me. Not quite right I agree, let's change the 10000 a week to a couple of grand. As the great burt sugar would say, don't Ruin a good story with the truth. And just for the record, for me u are the best poster on here full stop. Ok bilbo gets it for most time spent on here, but that's poor him, but if u want no nonsense, honest, no bullshit opinion then ur the man on here, no question, undisputed. No shit, every man who reads this post I ask u to declare ur ur respect for skel, hell I should change this thread too a skel appreciation thread.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When he decided to switch to boxing he had a three year contract with (I think) Crystal Palace or another Championship club on the table that would have paid him that kind of dough and of course the potential for more contracts after that one. He actually walked away from that. He's played at a lower level since he made the switch to make some money as he will have made effectively nothing from his boxing career so far. I read he's fighting Frankie Gavin next, that's not a smart fight for him and it appears he'll never make a level where he'll earn decent money from boxing, so you can only applaud what he's done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    When he decided to switch to boxing he had a three year contract with (I think) Crystal Palace or another Championship club on the table that would have paid him that kind of dough and of course the potential for more contracts after that one. He actually walked away from that. He's played at a lower level since he made the switch to make some money as he will have made effectively nothing from his boxing career so far. I read he's fighting Frankie Gavin next, that's not a smart fight for him and it appears he'll never make a level where he'll earn decent money from boxing, so you can only applaud what he's done.
    Average wage for championship player is 3500 and that is now not 4 years ago but Woodhouse coming from a team in the third tier was going to sign and earn between 15-20 a week? Not a chance mate.

Add to the that the only reason the average is that high is all the players on 30k plus coming down from the premiership take them away and it is alot lower and would of been even lower 4 years ago.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by paddy448 View Post
    Ok skel u got me. Not quite right I agree, let's change the 10000 a week to a couple of grand. As the great burt sugar would say, don't Ruin a good story with the truth. And just for the record, for me u are the best poster on here full stop. Ok bilbo gets it for most time spent on here, but that's poor him, but if u want no nonsense, honest, no bullshit opinion then ur the man on here, no question, undisputed. No shit, every man who reads this post I ask u to declare ur ur respect for skel, hell I should change this thread too a skel appreciation thread.
    I declare my respect for Skel, but I'm trying to work out, was I being complimented or insulted by you?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Average wage for championship player is 3500 and that is now not 4 years ago but Woodhouse coming from a team in the third tier was going to sign and earn between 15-20 a week? Not a chance mate.

Add to the that the only reason the average is that high is all the players on 30k plus coming down from the premiership take them away and it is alot lower and would of been even lower 4 years ago.
    I'm pretty sure he was playing for Sheffield United at the time, definitely somebody in the Championship, and he was one of the top earners at the club then had an even better contract offer. When you consider he turned down a the best part of a million to earn a few thousand in let's face it an uncertain career you've got to give him credit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post

I'm pretty sure he was playing for Sheffield United at the time, definitely somebody in the Championship, and he was one of the top earners at the club then had an even better contract offer. When you consider he turned down a the best part of a million to earn a few thousand in let's face it an uncertain career you've got to give him credit.
    He was playing for Grimsby Town mate they were in the bottom division and he was going nowhere, like I said he was good when he was younger but he was dropping and dropping and obviously new he couldn't cut it for whatever reason as a top footballer, you telling me he turned down a 15-20k a week 3/4 year contract to lace up the gloves for the first time at 26 years old no chance.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was the engine room at Sheffield United, sold on to Birmingham for a million. Saw Him a couple of weeks ago playing for Sheffield FC, nice run out. Is doing better than I thought He would, good luck to Him.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is on the Warren September Mag 7 bill against the fighter who did not make the Olympics, Curtis will lose that fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just heard that he pulled out.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good job, Frankie is the best thing out there, and getting better

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes I don't think he is ready well he will never be ready for Gavin in his entire career but I feel he should try take another path keep beating top ten fighters get some more experience and maybe fight the likes of Lenny Daws for a title in 18/24 months time which would be a lot more winnable fight for Curtis.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed

Thread Information