Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Brock Lesnar the baddest man on the atm?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Brock Lesnar the baddest man on the atm?

No, its simple when he fights someone who can stop the take downs and make him stand he will get KO'd his stand it is nothing to the likes of Mir, Dos Santos, Velasquez but the only problem is no one can stuff the take downs because of his size. Without that he has nothing. I just can call him the baddest guy on the planet until he gets some good stand up. I would pick Carwin over him because he can stand and trade and has crazy power. I don't think Brock has that sort of power.
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i would love to see a lesnar carwin rematch

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brock Lesner trains to come down to 265 lbs , he is a natural athlete ,
    Shane Carwin trains to get to 265 , he is muscle bound and has no stamina.
    Thats the difference between them , Carwin is fun to watch but he is a puncher with little else.
    Carwin has a punchers chance against anybody for 1 round.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still think fedor is, granted he lost his last fight due to a silly mistake, no way that happens again. I'd still pick fedor against pretty much anyone out there. he is still the most well rounded fighter with the least amount of flaws I think, his loss was simply down to being to eager and wanting to take werdum out within a few seconds. Brock is tough as nails, but not nearly as well rounded. Also like everyone said if carwin trained to go more than one round that fight would have had a different outcome, but props to brock for pulling thru.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyFolds View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattyhitman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    nah I don't think so, the way he ran away from Carwin proved it
    Covering up till your opponent tires himself out don't make u badass
    And what standing in front of him and getting KO'ed does
    I agree. I mean, I love a brutal war of "cajones", but sadly, fighters implement strategy. Brock's game plan is similar to the Wlad Klit in my opinion. He knows how to do one thing very well. He focus' in on it until you find a way around it and then he loses miserably (a la foot lock). Brock is not a well rounded fighter at all, neither is Klitschko. But both of them are just too big to mess with.
    Klitschko is well rounded because he knows how to nullify you on the inside, and outboxes anyone on the outside. In the mma there are a lot more things you can do, but if Brock learns like Klitschko, GSP and Pacquiao have to let their opponents exploit their weaknesses what does it matter?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    I still think fedor is, granted he lost his last fight due to a silly mistake, no way that happens again. I'd still pick fedor against pretty much anyone out there. he is still the most well rounded fighter with the least amount of flaws I think, his loss was simply down to being to eager and wanting to take werdum out within a few seconds. Brock is tough as nails, but not nearly as well rounded. Also like everyone said if carwin trained to go more than one round that fight would have had a different outcome, but props to brock for pulling thru.
    Fedor isn't amazingly well rounded he is just super athletic and quick, thats why his stand up works, because it is very messy and sloppy. His ground game is solid though. I also counter that Carwin was only training to go one round, common' who with that muscle mass wouldn't be totally gassed if they went wild like that? It wasn't his training, but his experience that messed with him there, but who knows what would have happened, I think he also caught Brock with a fortuitous punch.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mattboxingfan View Post
    No, its simple when he fights someone who can stop the take downs and make him stand he will get KO'd his stand it is nothing to the likes of Mir, Dos Santos, Velasquez but the only problem is no one can stuff the take downs because of his size. Without that he has nothing. I just can call him the baddest guy on the planet until he gets some good stand up. I would pick Carwin over him because he can stand and trade and has crazy power. I don't think Brock has that sort of power.

For me you have just explained why he is the baddest man on the planet !

No-one has yet been able to stop his gameplan, and due to his sheer size future opponents will struggle to stop his takedowns. A former NFL player and top wrestler to boot is gonna cause anyone problems. Carwin was without doubt the best wrestler he has ever faced and he really struggled in that 2nd round.

In regards to Brock not having crazy power ?? Did you see the straight shot he hit Heath Herring with ?? Brock knocked him half way across the ring sending him tumbling like a rag doll, quite funny really.

Taeth, agree with what ya saying bud
    Last edited by Mattyhitman; 07-26-2010 at 09:21 AM.
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taeth fedor is well rounded I don't care if you want to call it "atheltic" "fast" it all amounts to the same thing that he's dangerous from any position. He can knock you out, submit you from the botton, ground and pound you, dangerous no matter what position he's in...that's what I meant by well rounded. I wasn't talking about how good his technique is or anything like that.

Thread Information