Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxing Purses vs MMA Purses

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine3078 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine3078 View Post
    You can look at it any way you want it but Carwin, a major draw to the gates with his flashy K.O power getting only 40k is beyond the mountain of ludicrousness. A main draw 40K? Can't believe how shit Zuffa are on that side.

You gotta realize the UFC fighters sign a contract in that contract it states how much they will get per fight. When carwin signed with the UFC he was not a main draw. Hell no one outside of die hard MMA fans even knew who he was. His contract amount was $40K but that does not include the ppv % he got nor the back stage bonuses he gets. When fighters in the UFC begin to exceed the level of their current contract they get backstage bonuses to compensate for their contract amount until the sign a new one. People who don't follow MMA that closely don't know about that. Fighters also get alot of cash from sponsorships.
    I understand what you say. However, I still disagree with the whole thing. A correct thing would be to have a contract with an movable basic amount depending of what you achieve and what is your significance in the organization, why would Brock have a basic of 10 times more than Carwin as both are huge draw? I am not necessarily speaking exactly the same but something that would get close to a 60-40. Even with the sponsorship, 40K basic is not that much, especially because the sponsors won't give him an additional 100K for a night.
    Brock is a much much much bigger draw than carwin.
    Even then, Carwin was hugely popular and did contribute largely to the massive PPV sale, as I said, I am ok that they do not receive the same amount but from 500 000 to 40K the gap is way way too important in my opinion.
    Exactly, the impressive record Shane brought into that fight helped make it an event.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    The main event guys earned half a mil. The rest of the card almost certainly made less than half a mil between them.

Here's actual numbers from a previous event :

According to information provided Monday by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, the UFC paid the 18 fighters on the card a total of $407,000 US - with $250,000 of that going to light-heavyweight champion Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell for stopping Brazil's Renato "Babalu" Sobral in 95 seconds in the main event. Sobral earned $21,000.

mmauniverse.com

So that's a million to pay the fighters, let's say another two million to cover promotional costs, this is way over the top but let's say two. That's three million.

The gate would have been over three million. There would have been millions more from sponsorship. The event makes a profit before you count a dollar from TV. US PPV, let's say a million buys at $40 a time, that's $40 million. Half that with the TV companies and that's $20 million. Then you've got foreign TV rights, millions more on top of the $20 mil. UFC is a private company and doesn't have to release numbers but it's clear who's making all the money here and it isn't the fighters.
    My man it cost more then 3 million just to insure one of those cards
    They'd insure the event for more than three mil but the premium would only be a fraction of what they insure the event for. Insurance costs aren't exactly near the top of the list of promoters' expenses.
    You need have either cash or Collateral up front and you need pay card by card basis for fight ins you are confused with Auto, health and home ins
    I don't know specifically about insurance for boxing cards but I do know a little bit about the insurance business and how much it costs to insure things, and assuming a relatively competitive market then the insurance for any kind of boxing/MMA event shouldn't be more than a few percent of the gross value of the promotion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The main event guys earned half a mil. The rest of the card almost certainly made less than half a mil between them.

Here's actual numbers from a previous event :

According to information provided Monday by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, the UFC paid the 18 fighters on the card a total of $407,000 US - with $250,000 of that going to light-heavyweight champion Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell for stopping Brazil's Renato "Babalu" Sobral in 95 seconds in the main event. Sobral earned $21,000.

mmauniverse.com

So that's a million to pay the fighters, let's say another two million to cover promotional costs, this is way over the top but let's say two. That's three million.

The gate would have been over three million. There would have been millions more from sponsorship. The event makes a profit before you count a dollar from TV. US PPV, let's say a million buys at $40 a time, that's $40 million. Half that with the TV companies and that's $20 million. Then you've got foreign TV rights, millions more on top of the $20 mil. UFC is a private company and doesn't have to release numbers but it's clear who's making all the money here and it isn't the fighters.
    My man it cost more then 3 million just to insure one of those cards
    They'd insure the event for more than three mil but the premium would only be a fraction of what they insure the event for. Insurance costs aren't exactly near the top of the list of promoters' expenses.
    You need have either cash or Collateral up front and you need pay card by card basis for fight ins you are confused with Auto, health and home ins
    I don't know specifically about insurance for boxing cards but I do know a little bit about the insurance business and how much it costs to insure things, and assuming a relatively competitive market then the insurance for any kind of boxing/MMA event shouldn't be more than a few percent of the gross value of the promotion.

yep...ok...sure...

Thread Information