Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Povetkin is out. Wlad will rematch peter instead!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Povetkin is out. Wlad will rematch peter instead!

Wladimir Klitschko to face Samuel Peter in rematch - ESPN

That sucks i was looking forward to the original fight, but maybe this is better for Povetkin gives him more time and likely more fights.
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

El Kabong Guest

I think Wlad-Peter II is a huge fight. Sam has gotten in shape he looked really good vs Aguillera and Wlad is completely on top of his game right now, this should be a great fight. Peter knows what is on the line and Wlad is still looking to make an example out of someone, this will end in a KO!

Wlad KO's a game Sam Peter in 6

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Povetkin is out. Wlad will rematch peter instead!

I cant get the sight of a bloated and lethargic Peter simply phoning it in vs Eddie chambers outta my mind.I dont think hes earned it but hey,it could be worse.At least Wlad is going on with a fight?!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Much worse replacement opponents out there. Teddy is right povetkin needs more time, not sure if he will ever be ready for wlad, probably won't, but he's definitely not ready at the moment, let him fight 2 or 3 more contenders. I also think wlad will be looking for the ko, but won't go to risk crazy and probably will look to get petter out around the 9th or 10th.

El Kabong Guest

I think we can all agree Atlas is doing right by his fighter and I think Povetkin has plenty of top notch fights out there he can test himself with and develop himself.

Povetkin vs the following would be nice: Dimitrenko, Boytsov, Arreola, Solis, Adamek, Austin (not good but, tall and decent enough), Valuev, Chagaev, Chicken Little. Povetkin has serious upside and part of me is happy that he'll live to fight another day.

I personally think that anyone that can break through Tony Thompson's defense and mess him up good would have a better shot at beating Wladimir.
    Last edited by El Kabong; 07-23-2010 at 01:45 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Peter that McCline dropped three times was it? And that Eddie Chambers in worse shape then he was for Wladimer was still able to outbox. Peter isn't gonna catch Wladimer and drop him three times. Wladimer will knock him out in 12 as always after 11 rounds of jab and grab.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    The Peter that McCline dropped three times was it? And that Eddie Chambers in worse shape then he was for Wladimer was still able to outbox. Peter isn't gonna catch Wladimer and drop him three times. Wladimer will knock him out in 12 as always after 11 rounds of jab and grab.
    He doesn't grab as much as he did when he first fought Peter. Wlad has evolved and he's so much more comfortable in the ring that he had been (after the Sanders fight at least, he was too comfortable with him). Wlad fights smart, his jab is better than ever and I think this fight will be Sam Peter adding pressure and Wlad brushing him off with jabs, hooks off the jab, and when he's set he'll drop in the right cross and this time Wlad will throw for effect(which means he'll be gunning for the KO instead of just to keep Sam off him) and if Sam can stand it he could wear Wlad down if he's in proper shape and uses good defense.

I really like this fight and I will buy it on PPV if that's where it ends up.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I enjoyed the last fight, so I think it'll be interesting to see how this one plays out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lost all respect to Povetkin. There is no one in the world who can convince me that he is not scared.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why Peter?

David haye's schedule isn't exactly looking packed ()... for Wlad's sake I hope as soon as Povetkin was out he was on the phone to haye and Haye turned it down?

I thought he really wanted to fight Haye? perfect chance to make it happen. what happened?

El Kabong Guest

Povetkin has not fought the best opponents recently, he needs to step up his game a bit before tangling with Wlad.

I think with Wlad-Peter II we'll see what we should have seen the first time two dangerous fighters in their primes and at the top of their games. Remember Wlad knows he can hurt Peter (look for the left hook to be used more) but Wlad also knows Sam Peter can hurt him. I really enjoyed the first fight they had, very dramatic from start to finish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    Why Peter?

David haye's schedule isn't exactly looking packed ()... for Wlad's sake I hope as soon as Povetkin was out he was on the phone to haye and Haye turned it down?

I thought he really wanted to fight Haye? perfect chance to make it happen. what happened?
    Seriously? Wlad offered Haye 50/50 split where Haye wanted to fight, equal split of everything and Haye dissapeared.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    Why Peter?

Haye turned down Wlad's 50/50 deal with no rematch clause involved, and that's why the Povetkin fight was going through to begin with, don't try to turn the facts around and make Wlad seem like he's the one avoiding the fight when it's clearly the other way around, if Haye thinks he deserves the lion share of the purse against the actual Heavyweight Champion of the world well the guy should seriously get over himself

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I think Wlad-Peter II is a huge fight. Sam has gotten in shape he looked really good vs Aguillera and Wlad is completely on top of his game right now, this should be a great fight. Peter knows what is on the line and Wlad is still looking to make an example out of someone, this will end in a KO!

Wlad KO's a game Sam Peter in 6
    LOL, come on Lyle.

They could do worse for a replacement fight.

El Kabong Guest

What "Come on Lyle"?!? I think this is a very solid fight and as Dan Rafael said "Both fighters are better than they were in 2005", it should be a heck of a fight.

Teddy Atlas just basically admitted that he didn't want his boy to fight Wlad. Smart move by Teddy, but they do look like little punks for ducking like this. Blatantly ducking, and at such a high level...its a shame

Thread Information