Thread: Mayweather in Puerto Rico...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather in Puerto Rico...

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    This would have been a great fight about two years ago.
    Exactly, right when Mayweather did his little retirement thing...

Also everyone is quoting how people here were saying Cotto would destroy Mayweather, that was also 2 or 3 years ago before Cotto faced Margarito.. Before we had really seen his serious limitations, when he really did seem incredibly strong, tough, and punishing opponent...

I havn't read once in the last 2 years though someone saying he would destroy Mayweather... And I think all those people who thought it back then will have changed their mind now, so it's irrelevant quoting them....

It's a fight i'd still like to see though if they can make it happen at 154. Simply because Cotto deserves it and I wanted to see the fight for so long that I would enjoy it regardless of whether Cotto can shine or not. Mayweather will be to strong at either 147 or 154, but at least put Mayweather out of his comfort zone in some form by making it at 154...

My theory on any boxer though, is you never know exactly how great they are, until you see how great someone has to be to beat them... It's only when Floyd's zero goes can we really judge his brilliance..

As said above, while Cotto was undefeated, and Hatton undefeated, it's easy to people to invision a way they could beat Mayweather.. But once someone gets the better of them, you can put their skills into perspective..
    Purely as an appreciate of boxing, I just wish Mayweather would take some serious fights that took him all the way up to his limits.... A fight with Cotto isn't going to show us anything new about him except his ability to make otherwise A grade fighters like B grade.... If may mean going to 154 or even higher, but that's seriously what i'd like to see him do... I think he's special enough to do that.....

Pac is THE man at anything below 154.. If Mayweather's not fighting Pac, then he should settle for nothing less than serious 154 pound fighters.. Otherwise he's wasting his time... Period...
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by milmascaras1 View Post
    mayweather jr. will absolutely toy with cotto if this fight materializes. cotto can beat a yuri foreman but no way in hell he beats the sports #1 p4p fighter!
    same can be said about Margarito against Pacquiao , he can beat up local tomato cans but no way is he going to beat the p4p #2 (or #1 depending on who's list) fighter in the world, hell the only reason he'll last longer than Hatton is cause he's physically bigger lol and Margarito at 154 is crap (as seen against Santos) the only reason he was effective at 147 (aside from illegal wraps) was due to his size, once you take that away he's a 2nd tier fighter, Pacquiao stops him in 10, and Mayweather schools Cotto to a lopsided UD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather in a UD, and manny in stoppage around 9-10. Then we get to talk about the negotiations all over again in December. It's like a broken record.

Thread Information