Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs up Wladimir - Haye is afraid

Wladimir Klitschko has accused David Haye of being "afraid" of him and his brother.

The British heavyweight currently holds the WBA title - the one major belt that Wladimir and his older sibling Vitali don't have in their possession.

Haye, who defended his crown against John Ruiz earlier this year, has talked about unifying the division before he hangs up his gloves.

He had been due to fight Wladimir last summer but a back injury forced him to pull out while talks with Vitali also stalled. Both brothers have since come out and put a 50-50 offer on the table to tempt him.

Running scared

Now the younger of the two Klitschkos has told Sky Sports News that he feels the Londoner is running scared, despite the fact he "owes" it to boxing fans to get a deal done to take on either of the brothers.

"The guy talks a lot but there is no action - he doesn't follow through with everything that he promises," he said.

"He's actually sitting back somewhere in England or Cyprus, where he also lives, and not doing anything.

"I'm very disappointed about David Haye. I've actually had enough of him."

When asked if either he or his brother want to fight Haye, Wladimir added: "The actual question is whether he wants to fight us.

"He speaks a lot, saying 'yes, I want it (a fight with one of the Klitschkos)'.

"But then the deal wasn't good enough, his shoes were too small, or his back was injured, or whatever else he is going to create (as an excuse).

"Unfortunately there is no action. I'm seriously disappointed by David Haye. It's not only his financial interests; there are boxing fans out there and he owes this fight to them especially.

"He is running out of time because he said he wanted to retire at 30 or 31 - I don't know what his plans are but he will run out of time, and respect first of all.

"I believe he is afraid. If he wasn't afraid he would take the fight."

No response
    Wladimir also blasted Haye, who was in George Groves' corner in Las Vegas at the weekend, for his lack of a response to being called out via a video he posted earlier this year on YouTube.

"I called him out on YouTube, telling him 'let's do it - put your emotions to one side and let's get in the ring'," he added.

"He never gave any response to me; he just quietly sat back and didn't do anything."

Klitschko was speaking at the friendly between Eintracht Frankfurt and Chelsea at the Commerzbank Arena, the venue where he will defend his WBO, IBF and IBO belts against Nigerian Samuel Peter on September 11.
    "His shoes are too small"

Actually agree with everything he says to be honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wladimir - Haye is afraid

I seriously dont know what Haye is thinking. If he had no intention of fighting Wlad why did he do all that talking? Now he just looks like a total fool.
    PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals
    The only Acceptable Gun Control Law: Always use two hands when firing.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye's tactic is to annoy the Klit brothers so much that they will fight him for free just to shut him up.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

I think after Chicken Little's displays of disrespect that Wladimir should hop in the ring after the Audley Harrison fight and demand that Chicken Little fight him just so we can see the guy run for cover infront of all his fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I think after Chicken Little's displays of disrespect that Wladimir should hop in the ring after the Audley Harrison fight and demand that Chicken Little fight him just so we can see the guy run for cover infront of all his fans.
    He would, literally, soil his shorts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd be scared too.

It's one thing to watch Wlad on TV and say all you gotta do is this, that , and the other to spark him out.

It's quite another to balls-up and stand in front of him. Yea, maybe he jabs too much for American taste. Maybe he plays it too safe for a generation reared on Tyson and Gatti. But Jesus God Almighty, when he decides to let loose with either hand it's devestating.

Wlad is undoubtedly in his prime right now and will just murder David unless Haye can land one of his juicy right hands early (and luckily).
    Hey, yo Tommy, I didn't hear no bell.
    Rocky Balboa

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    I seriously dont know what Haye is thinking. If he had no intention of fighting Wlad why did he do all that talking? Now he just looks like a total fool.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was thinking the same thing. He should pull a Shane Mosley, just hop into the ring and ask for a fight, hey Shane got a fight with FLoyd didn't he?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Haye and Booth are very clever here, the circumstances have chagned alot sine the move to Sky, Haye and Booth now no that Haye can make big seven figure pay days by fighting pretty much who he want's, alot of people saying it could well be Toney.

As fans it's not what we want to see but Haye knows he gets in with Klits that is in a very dangerous posistion if je gets beat which is the favourite outcome them 7-8 figure pay days are gone.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    I think Haye and Booth are very clever here, the circumstances have chagned alot sine the move to Sky, Haye and Booth now no that Haye can make big seven figure pay days by fighting pretty much who he want's, alot of people saying it could well be Toney.

As fans it's not what we want to see but Haye knows he gets in with Klits that is in a very dangerous posistion if je gets beat which is the favourite outcome them 7-8 figure pay days are gone.
    ....actually I think he's in more danger fighting the likes of Audley Harrison or James Toney and losing to them, once he loses to someone like that a Klitschko fight simply won't happen and he will have wasted away his opportunity for his biggest BY FAR biggest pay day ever.

England has shown great support to fighters that weren't the greatest in their division but that were good enough to be considered "World Class" to a lesser extent. I think it's a HUGE risk not to fight the Klitschko's.....because even if he fought and lost to Wlad there is still a chance however slight that he could fight Vitali (or vice versa) and he could earn 2 HUGE pay days then fight Audley or Chisora or Towers or whoever and at least the Brits would buy it and good on them for supporting their fighters.
    Last edited by El Kabong; 08-03-2010 at 01:13 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post

In a way you can't blame him, this is a business. I mean I would just keep on talking shit on the Klits and their family and then schedule a fight with a James Toney or Evander Holyfield and then make millions.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    In a way you can't blame him, this is a business. I mean I would just keep on talking shit on the Klits and their family and then schedule a fight with a James Toney or Evander Holyfield and then make millions.
    ....you don't trash talk like that and then run and hide....it's ridiculous

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

#!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    ....you don't trash talk like that and then run and hide....it's ridiculous
    If it means getting tens of millions of this I would.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad-Haye comes full circle:

ACT 1: Haye calls out Wlad... calls him a chicken, trash-talks him, calls him out.

ACT 2: Wlad says: "OK... I'll fight you."

ACT 3: Haye says: .....I fucked up.

ACT 4: "My back hurts".

ACT 5: Now WHO looks like a

Thread Information