Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Juan Manuel Marquez vs Juan Diaz PPV figures

haven't even hit 200,000 yet.

Quite disappointing that. Only made $8m from sales.

I honestly believe Shane Mosley vs Sergio Mora will sell even less and be a bit of a flop.
    Last edited by boxingbantz; 08-10-2010 at 11:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs Juan Diaz PPV figures

Not surprising, people are just not interested in this fight, Juan Diaz is not worth with J.MMarquez, he has nothing to prove this kind of rematches wonderin why this just happened anyway?

Isn't Mosley - Mora a PPV?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by UKPH View Post
    Not surprising, people are just not interested in this fight, Juan Diaz is not worth with J.MMarquez, he has nothing to prove this kind of rematches wonderin why this just happened anyway?

Isn't Mosley - Mora a PPV?
    Yeah it is. In the US anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PPV is shit now. They can come out with a quality match to save their life. I don't think anyone thought Diaz could get JMM out of there. Now we get Mora/Mosley. Yes, an intriguing matchup, but both guys have seen way better days. How do they pull off Margarito/Mosley w/o PPV, now all of a sudden he's PPV... ONLY 4 AMERICANS.

I am sure for about 400 times between now and then HBO will be harping on how Mora beat Forrest in their first outting, and lost the second and the score can't be settled. And Shane had sooo much trouble with Forrest. I am already getting bored just thinking about hearing this story over and over.

Shane never looked great at LMW imho

(sorry a little off topic)
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyFolds View Post
    PPV is shit now. They can come out with a quality match to save their life. I don't think anyone thought Diaz could get JMM out of there. Now we get Mora/Mosley. Yes, an intriguing matchup, but both guys have seen way better days. How do they pull off Margarito/Mosley w/o PPV, now all of a sudden he's PPV... ONLY 4 AMERICANS.

I am sure for about 400 times between now and then HBO will be harping on how Mora beat Forrest in their first outting, and lost the second and the score can't be settled. And Shane had sooo much trouble with Forrest. I am already getting bored just thinking about hearing this story over and over.

Shane never looked great at LMW imho

(sorry a little off topic)
    Shane Mosley has only recently been off of PPV, only fights i remember as of late being on regular HBO were his fights with Mayorga, Collazo, and Margarito

but his fights with DLH, Vargas, and other huge names were all on PPV, if you want to go on that note, i really don't see why the hell Margarito/Pacquiao should be a PPV, no one gives a shit bout the fight, and honestly it's not generating much interest, should be a HBO fight at best

as for Diaz/Marquez, it did decent given the lack of hype the fight got, and given that it wasn't really a stellar fight to begin with, Margarito with all the publicity from the loaded gloves scandal and his return fight and he barely managed to get around 20,000 buys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol have to giggle, JMM enough respect for the man legend but the other day GoldenBoy were saying JMM want's 50/50 and random drug testing for a third Pac fight.

After seeing them figures they will be lucky to get 10% cut!!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm actually quite looking forward to Mosley vs Mora.

Be a good chance to see where Mosley is after that last performance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's going to be interesting to see what numbers Mosley-Mora do, because JMM-Diaz had a solid card from top to bottom and was definitely worth the money for true boxing fans. It's going to have to be another solid card fo this PPV to due the same numbers, i just cant see that many people paying to watch it.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Lol have to giggle, JMM enough respect for the man legend but the other day GoldenBoy were saying JMM want's 50/50 and random drug testing for a third Pac fight.

After seeing them figures they will be lucky to get 10% cut!!
    Boxing really is unfair at times considering JMM beat Manny Pacquiao twice, and he should be getting the big pay days like him. Just because he moved up to Welterweight and lost to Floyd Mayweather Jr, shouldn't mean anything considering it was a mismatch.

It was a blown up Lightweight fighting a natural Jr Welterweight/Welterweight.

Thread Information