Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: My apologies to Pascal, he outboxed my man.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default My apologies to Pascal, he outboxed my man.

So after watching the full fight I agree that Pascal won, even though he wasn't winning rounds by much, but what really surprised me was that in someways including footwork he totally dominated Chad. Whether it was his trainers or himself Jean used the perfect game plan to beat Dawson.

I notice that most of the slick boxers love to have a wide stance which is effective on the outside for have greater range, but the problem is that Pascal was using a narrower stance against Chad and either staying outside Dawson's range or going on the inside where his narrow stance allowed him much better movement.

Basically Jean stayed away from Dawson then he would dip down, which would freeze Chad in his tracks, then come in quickly with some punches, and even though Jean would be badly out of balance Chad, who was frozen by the dip, wasn't able to take advantage of the fact Jean comes in pretty wildly. The big difference I saw in Jean was that he wasn't off balance while moving around the ring like he was against Froch. He has really improved his general footwork, and it proved the decisive factor in this fight along with his dip.

I was surprised it took Dawson almost 9 rounds to start narrowing up on his footwork, and that's when the shift occured in the fight and he started doing better, but if you want that wide stance you have to use your jab to maintain it, Dawson could have easily used the jab to dictate the pace of the fight, and whether it was a shoudler injury or what I am not sure, but without that jab his sense of distance seemed much worse than usual.

ICB Guest

Default Re: My apologies to Pascal, he outboxed my man.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    So after watching the full fight I agree that Pascal won, even though he wasn't winning rounds by much, but what really surprised me was that in someways including footwork he totally dominated Chad. Whether it was his trainers or himself Jean used the perfect game plan to beat Dawson.

I notice that most of the slick boxers love to have a wide stance which is effective on the outside for have greater range, but the problem is that Pascal was using a narrower stance against Chad and either staying outside Dawson's range or going on the inside where his narrow stance allowed him much better movement.

Basically Jean stayed away from Dawson then he would dip down, which would freeze Chad in his tracks, then come in quickly with some punches, and even though Jean would be badly out of balance Chad, who was frozen by the dip, wasn't able to take advantage of the fact Jean comes in pretty wildly. The big difference I saw in Jean was that he wasn't off balance while moving around the ring like he was against Froch. He has really improved his general footwork, and it proved the decisive factor in this fight along with his dip.

I was surprised it took Dawson almost 9 rounds to start narrowing up on his footwork, and that's when the shift occured in the fight and he started doing better, but if you want that wide stance you have to use your jab to maintain it, Dawson could have easily used the jab to dictate the pace of the fight, and whether it was a shoudler injury or what I am not sure, but without that jab his sense of distance seemed much worse than usual.
    I don't think he outboxed Chad Dawson, i just think he outhustled him coming in with quick exciting combinations to steal rounds. Chad Dawson landed more punches and was outboxing Jean Pascal at times behind his jab.

Its just he was too cautious and didn't press the advantages he had, i thought Chad Dawson was only two behind going into the 11th round. And he was clearly winning the 11th round where he had Jean Pascal out on his feet.

I have no doubt Chad Dawson will win a rematch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In general, Outboxing is not just Outworking your opponent from LONG RANGE. Tyson, Frazier, Duran, Chavez ALL outboxed their opponents, not just by staying in Long Range.

I wasn't surprised with the outcome of the fight. After the Diaconu fight in which Pascal outboxed him with one hand i knew there won't be no one to stop this man from becoming UNDISPUTED WORLD CHAMPION.
    Pascal had 8 rounds, and Dawson 3 rounds at most, after the 11th. The only way Dawson was going to win that fight was with a KO, but Pascal is not some Epifanio Mendoza

Now, let's see if Dawson wants a re-match or maybe maybe move up to heavyweight (LMAO i heard he wants to fight Adamek at heavyweight).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    I notice that most of the slick boxers love to have a wide stance which is effective on the outside for have greater range,
    How does a wide stance give you greater range? lol

Thread Information