Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should be confirmed soon its David Haye v Audley Harrison 13th November M.E.N Arena

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Should be confirmed soon its David Haye v Audley Harrison 13th November M.E.N Arena

Think I might go to support Audley against this joke of a champion.

This is like Khan deciding to not fight the likes of Maidana and JMM and deciding to fight David Barnes, fucking joke of a fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should be confirmed soon its David Haye v Audley Harrison 13th November M.E.N Are

David Haye v Audley Harrison fight could form Manny Pacquiao precursor

David Haye travelled to his training base in Northern Cyprus 72 hours ago to sharpen his focus for a week ahead of his next defence of the World Boxing Association heavyweight title.

By Gareth A Davies, Boxing Correspondent
    Published: 6:45PM BST 19 Aug 2010

It will almost certainly be against friend-turned-foe Audley Harrison, in Manchester, on Nov 13.

The Haye-Harrison fight — one of the biggest since Lennox Lewis defeated Frank Bruno almost 17 years ago — is likely to be finalised and announced within two weeks.

The Telegraph understands that discussions are for a pay-per-view event on Sky Sports, and could be the precursor to Manny Pacquiao versus Antonio Margarito, a light-middleweight title contest, later that night in the United States.
    Although European champion Harrison, the 2000 Olympic Games superheavyweight gold medallist, is ranked only 13th in the WBA list, and has been dismissed as an also-ran after a decade of verbosity with little to show in the way of performance on the world scene, the contest has intrigue value on British shores.
    The two fighters were once been close friends in the England amateur boxing team, and have sparred dozens of rounds with each other in training. Yet last year, they fell out publicly with a war of words, Harrison claiming Haye had turned his back on an old friend. On Nov 13, they can sort it out face-to-face.
    Elsewhere, Vitali Klitschko, one of Haye’s rivals, has confirmed he will defend the World Boxing Council heavyweight title against Shannon Briggs in Hamburg on Oct 16.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should be confirmed soon its David Haye v Audley Harrison 13th November M.E.N Are

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Think I might go to support Audley against this joke of a champion.

This is like Khan deciding to not fight the likes of Maidana and JMM and deciding to fight David Barnes, fucking joke of a fight.
    It would be like Khan not fighting them after he essentially made his name by calling them out and promising to reignite the once-glorious division they fought in. Fuck Haye, his actions are indefensible and his credibility is shot. I hope Harrison sparks him.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a fucking joke! Haye is deplorable for going through with this. All that smack talk and now he is fighting Audley Harrison? The heavyweight division might suck, but there are a lot more much better matchups than this out there.

Shame on David Haye. So much for reigniting the heavyweight division.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Harrison wins by KO

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ha, this is hilarious. Haye is making his money but damn the boxing fan is losing out here. I just hope someone gets sparked. It doesn't really matter who it is, if it's Haye then it's a lot funnier but I'd rather hear Haye talk then hear Audley talk. I'd rather hear both talk then hear Lyle talk :P

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is just total crap. Haye has taken a serious nose dive in reputation for me, way down. I may even add Lyle as a friend now and begin to discuss the klitschkos.....

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Audley wont make it through the walk on without fainting. Fact.

If Sky do the PPV with the Pac fight then i'll pay for it.

Haye will go down as one of biggest mugs ever if Audley sparks him. It's not such a long shot either - one lucky clip from A-Force
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd be wanting Haye to smash him to bits but wouldnt be surprised if Audley turned him over.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Goood grrrrrrief!!

WTF is Haye thinking??
    He has gone from hero to zero in 12 months......good work David.
    24 Beers in a slab, 24 hours in the day.......go figure.

El Kabong Guest

WOW....this is a HUGE fight....look at this guy go, he's tearing through the heavyweight division!!!! He's a wonderfully exciting fighter taking on no one but the best of the heavyweight division!

What makes this hurt more fellas? That Chicken Little actually took this fight OR that I was 100% correct about Chicken Little?

I TOLD YOU SO

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    WOW....this is a HUGE fight....look at this guy go, he's tearing through the heavyweight division!!!! He's a wonderfully exciting fighter taking on no one but the best of the heavyweight division!

What makes this hurt more fellas? That Chicken Little actually took this fight OR that I was 100% correct about Chicken Little?

I TOLD YOU SO
    I don't mnind this one. Quite looking forward to it. After Klitschkos this was one i would have chosen -long time since we had two british guys getting it on. And lets face it Audley is a household name so it should do well.

Hopefully they will all come through and then if they dont sort a Klit showdown out we can all boycott the heavies forever.

Wonder how Vitali will do against a guy Lennox knocked out 12 years ago.....
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

El Kabong Guest

Well Mark it's funny you would mention that Shannon Briggs fought Lennox Lewis 12 years ago because Shannon is 38 years old.......THE SAME AGE AS ONE AUDLEY HARRISON, and I obviously don't need to remind you #1 Who's had the better pro career and #2 Who's fought the better competition (even recently )

AND I might add that Shannon Briggs wasn't Vitali's first choice unlike Audley for Chicken Little....that was just a "special" match that HAD to be made

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

I TOLD YOU SO
    What was you right about Lyle?

This fight doesn't mean Haye-Klits is never going to happen does it?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight is only credible cos of Audley Harrison's name.

Had he gone after Sprott if Sprott had won then no that would have been a very bad thing !

I bet theres more non boxing fans in UK that know who Audley is over Haye.

I think this will be an exciting fight and all I'm saying is it won't do boxing's appeal in Britain any harm and to me thats a good thing - won't happen but if this could have been on terrestrial tv over here would attract a new generation of fans to the sport.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Thread Information