Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What's up with Alfredo Angulo

Last time I heard about him he was turning down a reportedly great deal to fight Sergio Martinez for the middleweight title. He is a good fighter but I am curious as to what he has planned next after turning down a good money fight with good conditions.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What's up with Alfredo Angulo

Quote Originally Posted by chinchekked View Post
    Last time I heard about him he was turning down a reportedly great deal to fight Sergio Martinez for the middleweight title. He is a good fighter but I am curious as to what he has planned next after turning down a good money fight with good conditions.
    Shaw won't let him fight Dzinzurik either. I'm not sure what he'll do. Probably a gimme fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was offered 750k and a guaranteed date in HBO after that if he lost at 154?? Who the fuck is advising this guy? I don't rate him that highly what a fool to turn that down.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Martinez at middle would be a horrible style mesh for him, would kill any momentum he rebuilt after CINTRON out boxed him . He's improving and I believe coming along great as a pressure & close fighter,but no secret on what can be weaknesses. I believe there is something to be said these days for guys not just jumping at the cash to hastly. A fine line.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Martinez at middle would be a horrible style mesh for him, would kill any momentum he rebuilt after CINTRON out boxed him . He's improving and I believe coming along great as a pressure & close fighter,but no secret on what can be weaknesses. I believe there is something to be said these days for guys not just jumping at the cash to hastly. A fine line.
    Didn't think of it this way and you may be correct that he knows his limitations and slick movers will always give him problems, but, is that another way of saying he ducked Martinez?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Makes since and this is feasible but the hot rumor/report was that he was demanding at least one million which may have been a way of pricing himself out of a fight he didn't want

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chinchekked View Post
    Makes since and this is feasible but the hot rumor/report was that he was demanding at least one million which may have been a way of pricing himself out of a fight he didn't want
    Martinez would spank him, he knows that and instead of saying it he asked for a jillion dollors. Plain and simple. If they would have agreed to one mil he would've asked for two so on and so forth
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think angulo made a huge mistake not taking the martinez fight. even though he would have been the underdog, i would have still gave him a fairly good puncher's chance. i seriously hope he starts improving his level of competition because with his style, it doesn't seem that he's going to have a very long career.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by milmascaras1 View Post
    i think angulo made a huge mistake not taking the martinez fight. even though he would have been the underdog, i would have still gave him a fairly good puncher's chance. i seriously hope he starts improving his level of competition because with his style, it doesn't seem that he's going to have a very long career.
    Martinez would have made Angulo look like an amateur, wouldn't stop him but would land flurries and stay on the outside, Angulo would miss then get countered, i could easily see Martinez winning a shutout

El Kabong Guest

Forget Martinez, I think Miguel Cotto could outbox him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

anyone with the power angulo possesses is always a threat to KO their opponents. angulo may not have spify footwork and his punches may be a tad slow, but he's dead accurate and he throws really nice combinations with power. i see martinez outboxing angulo with his speed and movement for about 4-5 rounds but then i see angulo bringing in the heat and making it a very interesting battle. the question is, can martinez last 12 rounds with the very dangerous angulo?

El Kabong Guest

anyone with the power angulo possesses is always a threat to KO their opponents. angulo may not have spify footwork and his punches may be a tad slow, but he's dead accurate and he throws really nice combinations with power. i see martinez outboxing angulo with his speed and movement for about 4-5 rounds but then i see angulo bringing in the heat and making it a very interesting battle. the question is, can martinez last 12 rounds with the very dangerous angulo?
    I honestly don't think Angulo hits all that hard and Sergio has a pretty decent chin and VERY solid defense and it's not like Sergio wilts in the championship rounds either.

I think there's a lot for Angulo to be scared of at 154 and especially at 160

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He no brain. He have a case of the dumb.
    I would let Sugar Nicky V aka SNV aka Niko "The Body Snatcher" Valuev do anything he ever wanted to my quivering, helpless body.

ICB Guest

If Alfredo Angulo couldn't break Kermit Cintron's will, there's no way he will break Sergio Martinez's will. Who dealt with the pressure of Pavlik, Williams.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Alfredo Angulo vs JCC Jr.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Niko's Girl! View Post
    He no brain. He have a case of the dumb.

I think you are onto it. He has a "Dog's" brain.

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Thread Information