Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haye/Harrison Press conference tomorrow

Haye will win this within four rounds.

However, if Harrison manages, somehow, to land the same punch that he knocked out Sprott with, it is lights out David Haye.

Haye lying face down on the canvas, Harrison jumping up onto the turnbuckle, arms aloft, the WBA belt in one of his hands - it won't get much better than that!
    Hidden Content

www.twitter.com/BoxingBantz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by koppas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornfinger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Yeah, it's beyond lame isn't it. A fighter who fights twice a year tops and wants to be retired in a handful of fights going on to fight.....Audley Harrison? The public are mugs and he knows it.
    Now we will have two months of Sky hyping this fight up, adverts all over the channels, weekly updates from Sky Sports News about this "BATTLE OF BRITAIN". The non hardcore public will lap it up.

It's speculated that the fight will be november the 13th so that doesn't allow 2 months.

Heres one think that's gonna piss you all off. I bet you audley harrison gets into the ring in better shape than peter or briggs do when against either of the klits.
    Mate, correct me if I am wrong but it is September 7th now, the fight is November 13th - that is just OVER two months.

it ain't gonna start the minute after the press conference ends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, it's beyond lame isn't it. A fighter who fights twice a year tops and wants to be retired in a handful of fights going on to fight.....Audley Harrison? The public are mugs and he knows it.
    Now we will have two months of Sky hyping this fight up, adverts all over the channels, weekly updates from Sky Sports News about this "BATTLE OF BRITAIN". The non hardcore public will lap it up.

It's speculated that the fight will be november the 13th so that doesn't allow 2 months.

Heres one think that's gonna piss you all off. I bet you audley harrison gets into the ring in better shape than peter or briggs do when against either of the klits.
    Mate, correct me if I am wrong but it is September 7th now, the fight is November 13th - that is just OVER two months.

Let's not be pedantic, eh?
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

However, if Harrison manages, somehow, to land the same punch that he knocked out Sprott with, it is lights out David Haye.

Haye lying face down on the canvas, Harrison jumping up onto the turnbuckle, arms aloft, the WBA belt in one of his hands - it won't get much better than that!

I agree with the first paragraph but whole heartedly disagree with the second, unless you want someone like tyson fury fighting for the title which would probably be harrison's first defence (realistically though it would be a rematch with haye).

It's obvious that haye has nothing to gain in this fight but absolutely everything to lose. From that point of view it's a silly fight to take.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's not be pedantic, eh?
    just pedantic when you feel like it or when it suits you, eh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with the first paragraph but whole heartedly disagree with the second, unless you want someone like tyson fury fighting for the title which would probably be harrison's first defence (realistically though it would be a rematch with haye).

It's obvious that haye has nothing to gain in this fight but absolutely everything to lose. From that point of view it's a silly fight to take.
    You wholeheartedly disagree that seeing Harrison beating David Haye wouldn't be something to behold? I'd fucking love it and I am sure many other people would, too.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh dear me. I really hoped this was going to be someone else, but well Haye has let us down with his choice of opponent here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You wholeheartedly disagree that seeing Harrison beating David Haye wouldn't be something to behold? I'd fucking love it and I am sure many other people would, too.
    Yes of course I do and I justified my reasoning for that, were you too ignorent to read my reply? Or maybe your desperate to see harrison vs fury/chisora/sexton/rogan/Mcdermott for the WBA title. Personally I'm not.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it will finally sink in when I see those two clowns in the same room that it really IS happening. I always hoped it was a smokescreen for someone else but, no, David Haye REALLY is cleaning up the division - by fighting Audley Harrison.

What a chicken.
    How are the public mugs? People that buy this fight are paying to be entertained. How do you know they won't get that?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    Hornfinger and Lyle ticklefight coming. Peter would mow down Audley Harrison. Even a 267 pound Harrison. What's good looking in good shape if you don't throw punches? It's a money fight apparently, he's fighting because Harrison gets him good money. If it's happening in November, it's not the worst fight in the world.

Wlad is fighting Peter out of need, he had a better opponent lined up and he didn't want to fight. Peter is serviceable, at least he has a huge punch and isn't afraid to pull the trigger (except against Vitali, that was shit.) Harrison is an awful opponent. He's no worse then Sosnowski (unreal), Peter Okhello (haha this was a giant joke) and there is a slight possibility he miiiiight be better then Shannon Briggs.

However if Haye and Vitali fought, I would actually root for Haye.
    Well, Peter lost to Harrison in the Olympic warm ups and his huge punch couldnt make a dent then.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I think it will finally sink in when I see those two clowns in the same room that it really IS happening. I always hoped it was a smokescreen for someone else but, no, David Haye REALLY is cleaning up the division - by fighting Audley Harrison.

What a chicken.
    How are the public mugs? People that buy this fight are paying to be entertained. How do you know they won't get that?
    The are mugs because they are buying into a meaningless fight. Audley Harrison has done nothing to deserve a shot at the title. From what I have seen of Harrison he is not particularly entertaining and doesn't throw. Haye is going to be all over him and it will likely be over early. I like good competitive fights and this is clearly not one of them.

It's a rubbish matchup, Fenster. Fact.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unless Haye chooses to carry him for a bit. Anyway, like everyone else I will be hoping Harrison can land his Buster Douglas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

What a chicken.
    The are mugs because they are buying into a meaningless fight. Audley Harrison has done nothing to deserve a shot at the title. From what I have seen of Harrison he is not particularly entertaining and doesn't throw. Haye is going to be all over him and it will likely be over early. I like good competitive fights and this is clearly not one of them.

i completely agree. But by that reason you're going to hate 90% of boxing match ups. Really how often do you see a competative fight. Do you think either of those fights the klits are having are going to be competetive? fuck no!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unless Haye chooses to carry him for a bit. Anyway, like everyone else I will be hoping Harrison can land his Buster Douglas.

I really don't like Harrison, I've been hoping for him to retire after each defeat he's received, and he really doesn't deserve this shot at the world title. However, with Haye giving him a shot in what Haye thinks will be a simple defence, I'm also kind of hoping Haye gets his comeuppance in this, although I really don't think it'll happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes of course I do and I justified my reasoning for that, were you too ignorent to read my reply? Or maybe your desperate to see harrison vs fury/chisora/sexton/rogan/Mcdermott for the WBA title. Personally I'm not.
    I said I'd love if it Harrison beat David Haye for the comedy value - big deal. That's my opinion and it doesn't reflect yours. Get over it.
    Hidden Content

Thread Information