0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mech's Training Log

September 15th.

Aerobic WORKOUT

Warm up - 15 minutes jump rope w/ some footwork, criss cross, double unders, etc.

Workout - 10 hills performed from September 13th. The objective is just to finish without having to stop. Run at a pace that can be maintained through out the entirety of the workout.

****Clarification - when i refer to criss cross while jumping rope i don't mean criss crossing your arms, though it can still be performed, but rather mean crossing your feet one in front of the other and vice versa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

September 16

Day off

September 17

aerobic

warm up - 15 minutes jump rope work

workout - 4 hills ---- hills 2 and 4 were run backwards to work on my hamis. 10 burpees after each hill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

September 18.

no warm up

work out ---- Pull ups. Started out wanting to reach 10 pull ups. ended up going till failure after a few sets. 6 sets: 10, 10, 10, 9, 8, 7. I couldn't do anymore after so i just hung from the bar until I lost grip. Did 7 sets of just hanging. 3 minute breaks in between each set of pull ups.

Had my pin taken out on wednesday. Felt great to use my hand today. My hands kind of sore. So is my ankle. I think I'm going to take tomorrow off. Let my body recover and come monday hit my abs and chest hard. This will give my ankle and hand a chance to rest. Have to be careful and distinguish what's just sore from being exercised or what may turn into a potential injury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

September 20.

warm up - 15 min shadow boxing

workout - light interval training ---- 4 sets of 10 of push ups, ring side sit ups, and handstand push ups. on the 5th set did 30 reps. ****the handstand push ups were done with my feet on a chair so i was only really supporting a little over half my body.

september 21. day off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

september 22.

ankles still sore, so im going to keep off of it. i've just been putting a warm compress on it. thought i'd do a fitness test today to see where i'm at with my upper body.

warm up - 15 mins shadow boxing

workout - for 15 mins i tried to see how many reps i could do of pull ups, push ups, body press, sun gods, and minutes for a plank. i took a 5 min break in between each exercise. this is the order i did them in:
    pull ups - 56
    push ups - 160
    body press - 63
    sun gods - 1094
    planks - 6:15

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

good you're fitting some days off in, because at this pace you may actually kill yourself.

I'm in the middle of doing a very tough camp too with a focus on strength building (heavy lifting) atm, but stopped putting my workouts down on paper a while ago, but sure i'd feel the same about mine if I did. It sure all adds up.

How'd you mess your hand up? Are you doing any physio for it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    good you're fitting some days off in, because at this pace you may actually kill yourself.

I'm in the middle of doing a very tough camp too with a focus on strength building (heavy lifting) atm, but stopped putting my workouts down on paper a while ago, but sure i'd feel the same about mine if I did. It sure all adds up.

How'd you mess your hand up? Are you doing any physio for it?
    Got angry and punched a wall. Had a pin in for 3 weeks. Dr. took it out and said I can't bang with it for 8 weeks. It's been 2 weeks, so 6 more weeks until I start mitt work back up again... potentially. I'm not doing physio. I shadowed a therapy clinic before and there isn't much they can do for me in terms of exercise that I couldn't do for myself. Though things like electric massage and water bathes w/ salt I would need to goto but those are for pain. Thanks for the concern.

I can't wait to start heavy lifting. My pull ups have been stuck at 12 reps. I think if I did pull ups with a belt and maybe a 25 pounder hooked on, it'll help my overall rep count.
    Last edited by pat05005; 09-25-2010 at 09:12 PM.

Thread Information