Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A good article about the HW division!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default A good article about the HW division!

Boxing News

I pretty much agree with this article.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: A good article about the HW division!

i like it mate and i agree

all i hear is how crap the heavyweights are at the minute

they arent, the klits and maybe haye would have lived with any heavyweight of any era, the klits in particular are just so far ahead that its hard to form rivalries at the top

the second tear of heavyweights would have given fighters like tyson and ali a much tougher test than they do the klits, if tyson and holyfield were around today instead of the klits everyone would be raving about the division

i think the lack of an american anywhere near the top is a problem, and is what gives the division more of a bad name

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree, I think the Klits are starting to prove they would be rather dominant in any era except maybe against Lennox Lewis. The more they fight the less I can think of anyone else that I would favor to beat either of them more often than not. I am also trying to remember a heavyweight or even any fighter who has been this dominant over opponents for as long as Wladimir Klitschko has. He has literally been fighting the top opponent available for nearly 5 years and he has barely lost a round.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if them 2 were american the americans would be raving about the HW division

and yeah, neither of them seem to ever loose a round nowadays and yep they would probably dominate any era

if only they werent so dull

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's always been my opinion that there are very few really golden eras on Heavyweight boxing. I think perhaps only 2 infact - The era of Ali, Foreman, Frazier & Norton and the era of Holyfield, Bowe, Lewis & Tyson (although they were all at deifferent stages of careers and didn't all fight at thi time) There has always been 1 or 2 dominant fighters and then a lot of average to good contenders. I thnk the 'contenders' in the two era I mentioned were probably better than any other era including the current one. E.G Ray Mercer, Tommy Morrison, Michael Moorer, Razor Ruddock to name a few a far better than today's offering, outside of the Klits!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dont think you are right

i think they look worse because the klits are so much better

they are bigger names but not neccessarily better boxers

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    i dont think you are right

i think they look worse because the klits are so much better

they are bigger names but not neccessarily better boxers
    Fair play mate it's all subjective, but I'm pretty sure if we actually looked at the top 10 'contenders' for example from 1992 and pitched them against the top 10 'contenders'' of today I don't think the majority would see many favourable outcomes for today's bunch

ICB -please do the match ups
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

El Kabong Guest

I think the problem with boxing in general is the media (especially the American and British media) don't address the issue of the "talent gap" between the Klitschko's and their opponents in a positive light. Sure both have their reasons for doing so but the boxing commentators these days are doing the fans of the sport a great disservice by always (and I do mean ALWAYS) complaining about styles and how boring and blah blah blah....meanwhile you look at UFC, sure they have their fair share of bad fights, but their commentators USUALLY point out the good things. If you watched Edgar vs Penn II you basically see a rudamentary boxing match, but you listen to Joe Rogan and it's the greatest most wonderful awe inspiring match ever on the other hand you watch Klitschko-Peter II and all you hear is Teddy Atlas bitch about Wlad holding and Sam Peter not working on the inside, "making deals with himself", and you never hear much about Wlad openning up, they may have said 2 words about Wlad using the uppercut, Brian Kenney did try to keep Teddy from being so hard on the fighters, but the fans watch but they also listen and if you tell someone "look for the holding" odds are they'll see more of it, if you tell them to "watch for the power punches" odds are they'll see more of it. They never say "watch for Floyd's elbows" or "watch Floyd try not to engage his opponent until the end of the round" whenever he fights, so why be so hard on the Klitschko's? The British media (really one person specifically) doesn't give the Klitschko's their due credit, but I will say, the way they hype up Chicken Little and the way they've hyped up Audley Harrison to be a "dangerous challenger" is a big step in the right direction...I just wish that there weren't so many "homers" in boxing...I mean Larry Merchant and Cris Arreola was laughable...as was the British commentators describing John Ruiz getting repeatedly rabbit punched as some sort of cheeky attempt to have a point taken from his opponent
    Last edited by El Kabong; 09-16-2010 at 12:15 PM.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

another haye hating post

i am starting to get the gyst of this forum

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lyle thats a blatant LIE!
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by J da Bomba View Post
    Lyle thats a blatant LIE!
    What's a lie about it?

El Kabong Guest

another haye hating post

The guy is talented but you've got to understand, when people are doing all these "look at me, look at me" attention whore things, they can't expect people to look past certain things. Its not all going to be good for the guy. Had he been humble and respectful, there's more of a chance that people like myself would give him the benefit of the doubt....but the dude is an asshole, he's a talented fighter but he's an asshole, and he CHOSE to be one.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    another haye hating post

The guy is talented but you've got to understand, when people are doing all these "look at me, look at me" attention whore things, they can't expect people to look past certain things. Its not all going to be good for the guy. Had he been humble and respectful, there's more of a chance that people like myself would give him the benefit of the doubt....but the dude is an asshole, he's a talented fighter but he's an asshole, and he CHOSE to be one.

how old are you?

El Kabong Guest

...Are you kidding me?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

are you kidding me?

Thread Information