Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saul Alvarez

WOW

not sure whether it was through baldomir blowing out of steam early doors or alvarez just having unique punch power. But that was some KO

Boxingscene reporting that alvarez-hatton could well take place as early as december....DONT DO IT MATTY
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

another good experience fight for canelo.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by HattonTheHammer View Post
    WOW

not sure whether it was through baldomir blowing out of steam early doors or alvarez just having unique punch power. But that was some KO

Boxingscene reporting that alvarez-hatton could well take place as early as december....DONT DO IT MATTY
    I agree. Great fight for Saul in that he'll gain some exposure to fans outside of Mexico and score a reasonable pay day. Bad fight for Hatton. On the other hand, Hatton has looked better in recent fights. Hasn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by milmascaras1 View Post
    Agreed. Although he was the favorite going into it, he passed the test with flying colors. Baldomir said he's never been hit like that before, which is saying something. Keep Alvarez away from movers and big punchers. Other than Hatton, what's another good opponent for him at this stage?
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 09-21-2010 at 02:54 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    WOW

I agree. Great fight for Saul in that he'll gain some exposure to fans outside of Mexico and score a reasonable pay day. Bad fight for Hatton.

Agreed. Although he was the favorite going into it, he passed the test with flying colors. Baldomir said he's never been hit like that before, which is saying something. Keep Alvarez away from movers and big punchers. Other than Hatton, what's another good opponent for him at this stage?
    a fight at 147 against someone like Lujan, Karass, Abregu, or Alfonso Gomez would be interesting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WOW

I agree. Great fight for Saul in that he'll gain some exposure to fans outside of Mexico and score a reasonable pay day. Bad fight for Hatton.

he`d have hatton out of there within 6 long gruleing rounds

just carry on with what he is doing in the states right now staying on the big bills against 3rd/4th tier opponents.

No need whatsoever to do anything silly just yet
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

a fight with either abregu, lujan, karass or gomez would be very interesting.

vs. abregu - i see this as a total war. what abregu lacks in boxing skills he more than makes up in grit and power. the guy is one tough sob. not to mention that he also punches hard. very difficult but winnable fight for canelo. could go either way.

vs. lujan - another very tough argentine! a few years ago lujan would have been a serious danger for canelo but i think he's lost something. still, very tough and physical fight for the youngster, canelo. slight edge to canelo.

vs. jesus soto karass - i think this guy is the weakest of the four possible canelo opponents. i see canelo giving him a boxing lesson then ko'ing him late.

vs. gomez - gomez may not have the power to hurt canelo but he can frustrate him because of his improved solid skills and solid chin. still, if canelo is right, he should beat gomez because of gomez' lack of ko power.

conclusion - i think abregu would be the tougher opponent for canelo out of the four. lujan the most physical and gomez the most technical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WOW

he`d have hatton out of there within 6 long gruleing rounds

just carry on with what he is doing in the states right now staying on the big bills against 3rd/4th tier opponents.

No need whatsoever to do anything silly just yet

He would have Hatton out of there in 3 short swift rounds.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This kid may look like some giant Howdy Doody puppet with a violent streak or Ralph mouth but he is going to be explosive as long as he lasts . Enjoy the ride!! He's made good progress but his offense is carrying his defensive lapses... that jab was potent and quick. He is built like a truck and he is so blocky that I see some wars for him in future, doesn't look the swiftest boxing outta trouble and has a fighters mentality as he asserts power, focused combos off thick base. So young he should settle at 154 and though it would be two up & comers possibly ruining one another a hellish fan friendly scrap would be Angulo, style wise. Should get some decent scalps at 147 quickly. I think if he fought Hatton they would be peeling poor Ricky off of the bottom of Canelos boots in that one. Gomez too. You have to have chin, respect in your punch and the gonads to sit in long enough to get it off or your in for a long night with this tempermental Ginger.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was looking for something, and came across this.

Sometimes I even amaze myself...

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good find literally. Miss skel. Alvarez has a sold chin and defence has improved.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep, like bradguy had a crystal ball...

Thread Information