Thread: Warren offers Groves deal to fight Degale has by wednesday to accept

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Warren offers Groves deal to fight Degale has by wednesday to accept

GROVES HANDED DEGALE DEADLINE | Sporting Life - Boxing News | Ricky Hatton, Andre Ward, Andre Dirrell

I would love to know the ins and outs of it no doubt rights to Groves next 3 fights if he wins .

On another note has there been a better domestic clash between two fighters both under ten fights each anyone can think of? Not in my time for sure, I hope this can be made. I doubt it will though. Adam Booth is also involved so there is basically no chance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Warren offers Groves deal to fight Degale has by wednesday to accept

I would love to see this fight. Really I would. I'd take Groves personally, unless the fight were to be stopped by the ref in the first round because a few unanswered punches landed on Groves gloves....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Warren offers Groves deal to fight Degale has by wednesday to accept

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMagician View Post
    I would love to see this fight. Really I would. I'd take Groves personally, unless the fight were to be stopped by the ref in the first round because a few unanswered punches landed on Groves gloves....

Sounds like bullshit to me why the hell has Warren put a 48 hour deadline on it? This is a huge fight, the date is not till the 11th December give him and his team at least a week or so ffs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMagician View Post

Sounds like bullshit to me why the hell has Warren put a 48 hour deadline on it? This is a huge fight, the date is not till the 11th December give him and his team at least a week or so ffs.
    Prob just a bit of balls talkin for a short while. I would be surprised really if either side wnated this fight yet. Keep building it for a year or two I'd say.

I really dislike James De Gale.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see the name "Frank Warren" in an article and I get an automatic rise in my cynicism levels whatever the context is in. So when I see the sentence "He will not get better money elsewhere" probably looks at the fact that he's still only really going to be fighting journeymen without this fight. Whether the rise in money is equatable with the rise in risk would be interesting to see.

Be good to see it happen, and I think Groves would probably be my favourite for this one, he's been less hype and more action in his pro career so far.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd love to see this, but it's not going to happen. Not least on 48 hours notice.

I'm still leaning towards De Gale though, I think he's simply got more skills than Groves.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think De Gale would take this fight. I really hope he wouldn't though, the lad gets right on my tits but you can see he has some real class and with the right people behind him could go a long way. I'm not totally sold on Groves yet, his style looks a bit too molded on Hayes but he doesn't have the natural athleticism or power of Haye. Still only a young lads with lots to learn yet though.

I actually hope it doesn't happen for a couple of years yet. This has time to build into a great rivalry!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post
    I think De Gale would take this fight. I really hope he wouldn't though, the lad gets right on my tits but you can see he has some real class and with the right people behind him could go a long way. I'm not totally sold on Groves yet, his style looks a bit too molded on Hayes but he doesn't have the natural athleticism or power of Haye. Still only a young lads with lots to learn yet though.

I actually hope it doesn't happen for a couple of years yet. This has time to build into a great rivalry!
    mate if i had to stake my house on either guy id lump it on groves being far too technically minded and busy for JDG

I actually like de gale, showed nothing but respect for the locals when he came to upton park and won over a few fans that night. But this whole "it will be like haye-maccarinelli all over again" is a complete joke of a statement to be making.

This would have the potential to be an absolute classic. De gale has the hand speed and the footwork, groves has the technical ability and the workrate. Complete pick`em if you ask me
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ah yes but if they do fight now, then we can sit back and enjoy the build up to a rematch that'll probably take place when both guys are in their 40's

No seriously, this is a bit of a dream fight for me. I'm not too sure who I'd go for... Haven't seen Degale's last couple of fights.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J da Bomba View Post
    Ah yes but if they do fight now, then we can sit back and enjoy the build up to a rematch that'll probably take place when both guys are in their 40's

No seriously, this is a bit of a dream fight for me. I'm not too sure who I'd go for... Haven't seen Degale's last couple of fights.
    JDG is moving through the gears perfectly right now. Everything is in place for him to go on and start picking up a few alphabet titles before moving on to bigger things.

This is a far riskier excursion for james than it is for george
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Groves has the workrate? I always slate him for not throwing enough punches. He's turned into a total clone of Haye but doesn't have the awesome one punch power (although he is a good puncher).

I'd love this fight to happen now. It's all very well saying WAIT until they become world-class but they might not ever get there.

Sadly it wont happen though. We'll be hearing about options and silly money and all the usual bullshit
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Groves has the workrate? I always slate him for not throwing enough punches. He's turned into a total clone of Haye but doesn't have the awesome one punch power (although he is a good puncher).

I'd love this fight to happen now. It's all very well saying WAIT until they become world-class but they might not ever get there.

Sadly it wont happen though. We'll be hearing about options and silly money and all the usual bullshit
    Speaking of which Boxing - DeGale-Groves update

Booth has made a better counter offer and now expects Warren and De Gale to step up in 48 hours as they were expected to.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post
    Speaking of which Boxing - DeGale-Groves update

Booth has made a better counter offer and now expects Warren and De Gale to step up in 48 hours as they were expected to.
    As is customary then, both promoters want to put it on their own bills, and don't want it to appear on each others'. At least there won't be a long wait until the fans get let down (or shock, horror the fight gets made).

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whilst i would love to see this fight it is way too early for both fighters who can earn even more money by fighting for a more prestigious belt later in the next couple of years.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frank Warren put down a Wednesday deadline down for this fight to be made...I can't see any news for or against this fight at the moment. Or was it more a guideline than a deadline?

Thread Information