19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: America is an illegal and racist country much like Israel

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    fwiw it is a criminally under discussed issue in America (don't want to sound like I'm blaming Black people for this but the civil rights issue was such a big deal that I think its overshadowed the Native American situation which is unfortunate) but Miles' hypocrisy seems to know no bounds.
    Agreed 100%.

It's the same thing here. I admittedly only really know about the plight of Canadian First Nations people (our 'Native Canadians'), how is contemporary life for Native Americans?

Here in the north the destruction of indigenous ways of life was stated public policy (under the guise of 'assimilation') for decades and we continue to exert colonial rule over them and force them to live in 3rd world conditions...

I've heard experts on the subject make compelling arguments that Canada is at least half a century behind the States in terms of how we treat our indigenous people.
    Any time there is any story where the word "native" comes up in our local online paper, the ugly face of our city's racist jumps into overdrive. I will link you to it some day CFH, to read our general populations thoughts on it. They don't even try to hide it in wit or sarcasm. I think it actually is a better barometer being online then face to face, to see what is truly in people's hearts.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    fwiw it is a criminally under discussed issue in America (don't want to sound like I'm blaming Black people for this but the civil rights issue was such a big deal that I think its overshadowed the Native American situation which is unfortunate) but Miles' hypocrisy seems to know no bounds.
    Agreed 100%.

It's the same thing here. I admittedly only really know about the plight of Canadian First Nations people (our 'Native Canadians'), how is contemporary life for Native Americans?

Here in the north the destruction of indigenous ways of life was stated public policy (under the guise of 'assimilation') for decades and we continue to exert colonial rule over them and force them to live in 3rd world conditions...

I've heard experts on the subject make compelling arguments that Canada is at least half a century behind the States in terms of how we treat our indigenous people.
    Any time there is any story where the word "native" comes up in our local online paper, the ugly face of our city's racist jumps into overdrive. I will link you to it some day CFH, to read our general populations thoughts on it. They don't even try to hide it in wit or sarcasm. I think it actually is a better barometer being online then face to face, to see what is truly in people's hearts.
    I'm sure it's exactly the same as here.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know I think you are a good guy Miles and yes you are in some ways right about America and in some ways I think you are being really myopic about this topic. Although America has it's faults, we still cannot compare to the various European nation states that has wreaked havoc in this world the last 400-500 years. Slavery, colonization, genocide, the Americans are nothing compared to you guys.

We sure as hell didn't start 2 catastrophic wars in the 20th century (WWI and II), we sure as hell didn't rape the continent of Africa, the East, Southeast, and South Asian countries through colonization.

Hell even the Vietnam war where Americans got involved was started by you guys because you guys didn't want to decolonize Indochina (the 3 nation states of Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos) because your economies was wrecked by something you guys started called the 2nd World War and wanted to rebuild your economies again by exploiting that land and its people for cheap labor and called for American involvement why you were losing badly against the Viet Minh forces. Also, you want to know why Mexico and the various Latin American countries have a very heavily influenced Spanish culture and language? Should I talk about the Opium Wars you guys had with China in the 19th century? Or how the various European countries ganged up on China exploiting that land and its people for resources?

We have our faults, but Americans compared to Europeans, we look like saints. I make no apologies for some of the things America has done, but we sure as hell hasn't fucked up this world severely like how Europeans have done.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with Miles. I think America should be closed.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    You know I think you are a good guy Miles and yes you are in some ways right about America and in some ways I think you are being really myopic about this topic. Although America has it's faults, we still cannot compare to the various European nation states that has wreaked havoc in this world the last 400-500 years. Slavery, colonization, genocide, the Americans are nothing compared to you guys.

We sure as hell didn't start 2 catastrophic wars in the 20th century (WWI and II), we sure as hell didn't rape the continent of Africa, the East, Southeast, and South Asian countries through colonization.

Hell even the Vietnam war where Americans got involved was started by you guys because you guys didn't want to decolonize Indochina (the 3 nation states of Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos) because your economies was wrecked by something you guys started called the 2nd World War and wanted to rebuild your economies again by exploiting that land and its people for cheap labor and called for American involvement why you were losing badly against the Viet Minh forces. Also, you want to know why Mexico and the various Latin American countries have a very heavily influenced Spanish culture and language? Should I talk about the Opium Wars you guys had with China in the 19th century? Or how the various European countries ganged up on China exploiting that land and its people for resources?

We have our faults, but Americans compared to Europeans, we look like saints. I make no apologies for some of the things America has done, but we sure as hell hasn't fucked up this world severely like how Europeans have done.
    Are you saying that Britain started WW2 or are you generalisation all Europian countrys and treating them as a single entity?

Don't get me wrong, both are retarded... I'm just bored and curious, so I thought that I'd ask which.

Also, this thread is about Red Dead Redemption... if you want to talk about medal of honor or the original call of duty games then go and make your own thread.

But on a more serious note - America/Europe/Isreal... whoever... stop being so fucking Jingoistic and look at the bigger picture... no group of humans is inherantly different, given a situation, enough time and history they will have all fucked up at some point... unfortunatly we all share something called human nature.
    Last edited by AdamGB; 09-22-2010 at 10:23 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dog Eat Dog!

This is just Darwinism and a grander scale

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Conrad wins on Av power alone. Dear God WHO is that woman ?!?!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    I dwell on America becuase you are creating most of the worlds misery. Right now America and Israel are responsibly for much of the world's misery. If I was around 80 years ago my motives would obviously have been different. The British would have been my targets. In fact even now they are.

You talk of 'radical terrorists'..spoken like a truly uninformed American...what radical terrorists, Amat? The ones created by years of systematic abuse? Both economic and military? How many did you kill in Iraq and for what purpose exactly? Opening a Burger King in the Green Zone? Nice! Then there is Afghanistan and what about the economic invasions in countries such as Argentina, Uruguay, Poland, China, Russia and so on.

It's like you have your posts picked out, you know what you want to say regardless of what the responses you get are. Uninformed American? How come you feel the need to discredit every single person you argue with? Don't you realize how petty and childish this makes you look? It's fucken ridiculous.

I know full well that America has blame for the hostilities that the middle east holds toward us. However, they should still be held accountable for blowing up open markets and destroying civilians just like we should. What would you call these people who strap explosives to themselves if they aren't radical terrorists? Do you have a better word for them?

How about some accountability on these people's behalves. What do you suppose we call the organizations I refer to as radical terrorists? Freedom fighters? What is Osama Bin Laden to you?

El Kabong Guest

....what miles doesn't realize is that ENGLAND created the issues in the Middle East....FACT. There's no debating it...the United States only got involved because England and BP informed then President Eisenhower that if the Shah was not restored to power that Iran would go commie.

But all that is conveniently left out of miles' posts

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We share a lot of the blame too, it's not quite that simplistic. We turned our back on the Iraqi people at the end of the first gulf war. We turned our back on the Afghans after they defeated the soviets and both of those are directly related to the hostilities people in those regions feel toward us today and why we weren't greeted as the welcome liberators U.S. intelligence thought we would be when we invaded both countries.

Still, you have to have accountability on all sides and Miles doesn't seem to realize that.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    We share a lot of the blame too, it's not quite that simplistic. We turned our back on the Iraqi people at the end of the first gulf war. We turned our back on the Afghans after they defeated the soviets and both of those are directly related to the hostilities people in those regions feel toward us today and why we weren't greeted as the welcome liberators U.S. intelligence thought we would be when we invaded both countries.

Still, you have to have accountability on all sides and Miles doesn't seem to realize that.
    Sure we share blame now that we are a major superpower, but it's childish to think that the US could have so much and leave everyone else alone. Our economy would not work if we were isolationist. And would any nation work against it's own intrests? So again his logic is flawed.

My main point to miles is that he cannot look at the history of the world no matter if it's the 1700's, 1800's, or whenever through the eyes of a 21st century man. Did the Indians take it on the chin when this country was built? Yes....is the US alone in doing that? NO. Judging our forefathers by the social morays of the 21st century and thinking that you can justly peg them as "good or evil" is wrong and simply put just fucking stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good. I hope the Palestenians Hamas gets crushed for good and all muslim vermins that support them. Fuck 'em.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

EDIT: I think I'll stay away from this debate instead. So I deleted my response.

Peace out.

El Kabong Guest

OK Mods, anyone care to explain why generalbulldog is now showing up as banned?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    OK Mods, anyone care to explain why generalbulldog is now showing up as banned?
    He's got "BANNED"... not "Banned".

He's trying to be hip that's all. I think he's been hangin out too much at the boxingscene forum.

Thread Information