8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: America is an illegal and racist country much like Israel

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    Have we decided what your going to do about America yet?

I've written them an angry letter.
    I've decided to follow that angry young chaps lead and send Obama very rude emails in the vain hope that I too can be given a lifetime ban from ever visiting America. I think America looks like a country with a lot of wonderful landscapes and an intriguing mix of people, but I would never make it through the airports. Maybe just better to protest via keyboard, get a ban and not bother going. Language all spoken in hearty jest, Lyle!

I was reading Orwell's Down and out in Paris and London today and came across this description of Jews spoken by the character, Boris. Boris tells us 'I will tell you what Jews are like. Once, in the early months of the war, we were on the march, and we had halted at a village for the night. A horrible old Jew, with a red beard like Judas Iscariot, came sneaking up to my billet. I asked him what he wanted. "Your honour", he said, "I have brought a girl for you, a beautiful young girl only seventeen. It will only be fifty francs." "Thank you", I said "you can take her away again. I don't want to catch any diseases." "Diseases!" cried the Jew, "mais, monsieur le capitaine, there's no fear of that. It's my own daughter!". That is the Jewish national character for you.'

Now that's what you call an anti-semite. Even I was reading that thinking 'easy there, Boris, that's a bit much!'. We should always distinguish between criticism of a political system and the outright denigration of a race or particular group of people. There is absolutely nothing wrong with criticising political systems or individual people who do bad. However to take a bad experience with an individual and sum it up as a defect in an entire race of people is outright prejudice. Criticism of a state is just that though and is quite distinct.

Anyway, I am enjoying this book and though that little excerpt was quite apt for this thread.
    Since this thread was inspired by a video game, you should really play Fallout 3 next. America got nuked by China when it declared war on that nation for trying to annex Alaska. You can smile in glee and secretly wish that was the outcome while looking at the radiated and destroyed landscape in the game.

Come on, doesn't the game look amazing?

And the coup de grace is a burnt and ruined capital of America.

And as you're playing you can scream from the top of your lungs, "The fucking imperialist Yanks deserved it!"

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I've decided to follow that angry young chaps lead and send Obama very rude emails in the vain hope that I too can be given a lifetime ban from ever visiting America. I think America looks like a country with a lot of wonderful landscapes and an intriguing mix of people, but I would never make it through the airports. Maybe just better to protest via keyboard, get a ban and not bother going. Language all spoken in hearty jest, Lyle!
    Ha, I'm no fan of Obama either so that's no big deal.

You'd love America miles, it's a marvelous wonderful place, you should visit sometime.
    You know, I honestly think you are right. I am critical of Britain, but I still enjoy coming home. And likewise with America, it's not as if I have to go over there and duel with Obama at dawn or anything like that. A country is just that. With a country as large as America, it is almost like 50 countries within a single country anyway. Very diverse and heaps I would really like to see.

I just hate airports and have heard a few bad things about American airports. Apparently they are pushy and in your face if you are foreign. Mind you I saw the same thing at Doha. An Indian looking chap in front of me was given a good going over, whilst I was allowed straight through. Surely that was a racist procedure. Why not check me too? After all I wasn't wearing a robe either.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    Have we decided what your going to do about America yet?

I've written them an angry letter.

I was reading Orwell's Down and out in Paris and London today and came across this description of Jews spoken by the character, Boris. Boris tells us 'I will tell you what Jews are like. Once, in the early months of the war, we were on the march, and we had halted at a village for the night. A horrible old Jew, with a red beard like Judas Iscariot, came sneaking up to my billet. I asked him what he wanted. "Your honour", he said, "I have brought a girl for you, a beautiful young girl only seventeen. It will only be fifty francs." "Thank you", I said "you can take her away again. I don't want to catch any diseases." "Diseases!" cried the Jew, "mais, monsieur le capitaine, there's no fear of that. It's my own daughter!". That is the Jewish national character for you.'

Now that's what you call an anti-semite. Even I was reading that thinking 'easy there, Boris, that's a bit much!'. We should always distinguish between criticism of a political system and the outright denigration of a race or particular group of people. There is absolutely nothing wrong with criticising political systems or individual people who do bad. However to take a bad experience with an individual and sum it up as a defect in an entire race of people is outright prejudice. Criticism of a state is just that though and is quite distinct.

Anyway, I am enjoying this book and though that little excerpt was quite apt for this thread.
    Since this thread was inspired by a video game, you should really play Fallout 3 next. America got nuked by China when it declared war on that nation for trying to annex Alaska. You can smile in glee and secretly wish that was the outcome while looking at the radiated and destroyed landscape in the game.

Come on, doesn't the game look amazing?

And the coup de grace is a burnt and ruined capital of America.

And as you're playing you can scream from the top of your lungs, "The fucking imperialist Yanks deserved it!"

LOL, stop with the "miles wants to destroy America" stuff. It makes me almost as queasy as Bilbo's anti-semite allegations. Honestly, it just isn't in me to hate an entire country or a race of people. Hating individuals is as far as I go and even then it isn't real hate. If I was asked to chop off Amir Khans head, I really would refuse. That's very different to supporting the other guy in a fight.

But for sure, the game looks great and by all accounts got really good reviews. Probably the game I buy next.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Israel seeks talks as settler moratorium expires - Yahoo! News UK

There is no way to hide my disgust in this kind of news. See, my loathing has nothing to do with a race of people, but everything to do with the heartless aggression of a political elite.

Israel currently occupies 42% of the occupied lands. These settlements are ILLEGAL under the Geneva convention rules. They are in the process of expanding these settlements.

And all supported by an America which would have every President since WW2 tried for war crimes going by the standards of the Nuremburg trials.

Every action carried out by Israel is sanctioned by America. You don't give a country
    $3bn a year for nothing.

That is US taxpayer money. When you have realistically speaking about 22% unemployment you just don't give that kind of money to Israel, but they do.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My biggest beef with this whole issue is the way Iran is being built up as the next big scapegoat in the war on terror. Iran sucks, they don't respect human rights....but neither does Israel. Let's all pretend that it is about nuclear weapons. Only one country has those in the region.... And which country denies land rights to 90% of all Palestinians and yet deems it okay to build settlements over occupied land? There is one rule for Israeli's on occupied land and another for Palestinians. One has luxury CCTV with military protection and the other digs through rubble.

So let's say you have a house and then 2 of the bedrooms are forcibly stolen by a different government, none of you would be happy with that. Yet that's what the Palestinians are told to make do with and accept that the bathroom tap goes to only Israeli's.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My biggest beef with this whole issue is the way Iran is being built up as the next big scapegoat in the war on terror. Iran sucks, they don't respect human rights....but neither does Israel. Let's all pretend that it is about nuclear weapons. Only one country has those in the region.... And which country denies land rights to 90% of all Palestinians and yet deems it okay to build settlements over occupied land? There is one rule for Israeli's on occupied land and another for Palestinians. One has luxury CCTV with military protection and the other digs through rubble.

So let's say you have a house and then 2 of the bedrooms are forcibly stolen by a different government, none of you would be happy with that. Yet that's what the Palestinians are told to make do with and accept that the bathroom tap goes to only Israeli's.
    Iran doesn't have a big lobby as the jewish one in the US (one of the fiercest) and Israel has always been a strategic ally of the US for moons now as they help to make sure that the middle east runs as what they want, more or less. The americans, to this day, blocked around 150 motions against Israel (voted almost unanimously for most of them) at the U.N for their actions against Palestine, when the whole world sentence you for what you're doing and that every time your ass are saved by the US veto solely, it says a lot.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Thread Information