Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Ricky Hatton's only flaw is being human

Call me old fashioned or just plain naive. Or better yet, lets just say that the new high blood pressure medicine my doctor has put me on has completely changed my way of thinking.
    Either way, years ago I wouldn't have been so easy on an athlete who has gotten caught up in drugs.
    But I am wiser now, I hope, and quite a bit more tolerant.
    It is probably a little of all those things and the fact that Ricky Hatton made boxing so much more enjoyable to watch over these last few years.
    Yes, anyone that knows me knows that I am a connoisseur of the fine art of body punching. Watching a well placed shot to the liver is like going to the opera and watching Pavarotti, well, hit a tenor with a well placed body shot.
    It is magical.
    And that is one thing that Hatton brought in abundance. He was exciting in the ring and more importantly, just one of the guys outside of it.
    With Ricky what you saw is what you got. The kind of young man that was fun to be around. It didn't matter if it was having a beer with friends or joking around in the gym, Hatton was the genuine article.
    It was always refreshing to see an athlete of the highest caliber not taking himself too seriously. He was able to separate what he did from who he was, a rare feat in today's world of the "it is all about me" athlete.
    And now we hear that since the loss to Manny Pacquiao, Ricky has struggled.
    I don't want to guess too much at what is troubling his psyche, but when you have as many fans pulling for him as he does there has to be a certain feeling of letting yourself and others down.
    And that is where family and friends have to step in and say, "it is okay, we are still proud of you and what you have accomplished."
    We all know that Hatton has a loving, caring family and surely, plenty of good friends. So I'm sure he heard all of that and more.
    So let me just say from your fans in America, your loss to Pacquiao was disappointing, but not life altering.
    You lost to someone who may go down as one of the best fighters of all time. Unlike Clottey, you came to fight.
    And unlike Mayweather, you were man enough to step into the ring and say lets do this.
    Losing isn't a flaw, it is a character builder.
    As a wise man (my Dad) would say, "you pick yourself up, don't worry about what people think and keep going forward. It is not always easy, but it is what we do."
    Keep your head up Ricky, and keep punching, whether it is in the ring or in life. Because as far as your fans can tell, your only flaw is that you are human.
    Glenn Wilson

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ricky Hatton's only flaw is being human

No its not his only flaw , he also cuts very easily.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

struggles against southpaws
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good first post.

I also think he eats more pies than the average Joe.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i bet he wishes he was a little bit taller n'all

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He also referrs to himself in the 3rd person.

His biggest flaw is apologising to the country. And his fucking Dad crying on the telly. Jesus wept. He's dabbled in Cocaine, just like the vast majority of imbeciles that surround you on a Saturday night in your local City Centre.

As an aspiring Stand Up Comedian (or something like that.....whatever he does when he tells that Mike Tyson joke) Ricky should know his audience. And on this occasion his audience is mainly the pissed up Asbo's who follow him across the Atlantic in their thousands to watch him fight. There's no need to apologise to them. Half of them will have been coked up when they read the story. Some of them probably can't read anyway. The only people who could possibly be offended are the incoherently stupid, and they'll stop being offended at Ricky as soon as Angelina Jolie gets a boob job, or Paris Hilton gets a speeding ticket. Infact they're probably reeling from the fact that a £250 a night hooker has made it through to boot camp on the X Factor.

The only other type of person who could really give a shit would be the proud father who's son idolised Hatton. But then you have to look at the logic behind allowing your kid to idolise a bloke who punches someone in the head for a living.

I've lost some respect for Hatton. The Churchill advert, wearing a Stoke City shirt at the Britannia Stadium, referring to himself in the 3rd person, claiming he was fighting for the p4p title against Pacquiao. I still haven't forgiven him for telling me to put my mortgage on him beating Mayweather.

All that was bad enough, but then he goes and gets Max Clifford involved and he tries to put a spin on everything. Appearing on talkshows, balling his eyes out. His Dad balling his eyes out. He was even desperate enough to talk to the very same newspaper that busted him.

He just needs to give it a rest, and let it blow over. He'll have rebuilt his reputation in a couple of months just in time for Christmas. Then he can release a money-spinning book - Ricky Hatton: My Struggle.

We all know it'll happen.
    Last edited by ono; 09-24-2010 at 05:46 PM.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He needs to train with that music in the background

Or go down from 10 to 2-3 pints an evening.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post

His biggest flaw is apologising to the country. And his fucking Dad crying on the telly. Jesus wept. He's dabbled in Cocaine, just like the vast majority of imbeciles that surround you on a Saturday night in your local City Centre.

As an aspiring Stand Up Comedian (or something like that.....whatever he does when he tells that Mike Tyson joke) Ricky should know his audience. And on this occasion his audience is mainly the pissed up Asbo's who follow him across the Atlantic in their thousands to watch him fight. There's no need to apologise to them. Half of them will have been coked up when they read the story. Some of them probably can't read anyway. The only people who could possibly be offended are the incoherently stupid, and they'll stop being offended at Ricky as soon as Angelina Jolie gets a boob job, or Paris Hilton gets a speeding ticket. Infact they're probably reeling from the fact that a £250 a night hooker has made it through to boot camp on the X Factor.

The only other type of person who could really give a shit would be the proud father who's son idolised Hatton. But then you have to look at the logic behind allowing your kid to idolise a bloke who punches someone in the head for a living.

I've lost some respect for Hatton. The Churchill advert, wearing a Stoke City shirt at the Britannia Stadium, referring to himself in the 3rd person, claiming he was fighting for the p4p title against Pacquiao. I still haven't forgiven him for telling me to put my mortgage on him beating Mayweather.

All that was bad enough, but then he goes and gets Max Clifford involved and he tries to put a spin on everything. Appearing on talkshows, balling his eyes out. His Dad balling his eyes out. He was even desperate enough to talk to the very same newspaper that busted him.

He just needs to give it a rest, and let it blow over. He'll have rebuilt his reputation in a couple of months just in time for Christmas. Then he can release a money-spinning book - Ricky Hatton: My Struggle.

Will you marry me?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

Will you marry me?
    Stellie would never deny you such request.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Incorrect.

He often wears Ben Sherman, which was a big no no back in 1999 never mind now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Come on mate that is harsh he also has his " dad is so small he uses a full length picture on his passport " gag as well.

Credit where credit is due.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post

Come on mate that is harsh he also has his " dad is so small he uses a full length picture on his passport " gag as well.

Credit where credit is due.
    Oh yeah. There's me thinking he was a one trick pony.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great post Ono, clearly thinking about this the same way I do. I think Ricky is just a self publicist, and probably a full blown narcissist. That biography will definitely be forthcoming.

I'm sure his parents will probably get something serialised in the Sun as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That,s it kick a man when he down but that,s it say it to his face you CUR,S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Idontknow View Post
    That,s it kick a man when he down but that,s it say it to his face you CUR,S
    You had one to many there mate? I tell you now I am no CUR,S!!! No one gets away with calling me that.

Thread Information