Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch v Kessler - challenge

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    I really don't get where the fuss for this fight is coming from, to have froch winning 117-111, is as bad as one judge having the martinez williams fight 119-111 for williams. It was a fairly close fight in which the right man won, sorry froch just didn't seem to want it as badly tho I don't think. Backing up for most of the fight isn't going to win you the fight if you're not outlanding the dude and making him miss, which froch didn't do. Erics 44 you say kess' best day are behind him and you're right, his 1-2 doesn't look nowhere near as crisp as it used to be, but then if his days are behind him what's that say about froch?
    froch was on the money that night

still looks crisp

which rounds did kes win?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

-Sportinglife.com . Even round for me and I've got Kessler winning by a round - 116-115. But how will the judges score it?

-ProBoxing-Fans.com unofficial scorecard is 115-113 for Mikkel Kessler

-boxingbulletin.com 115-114 for Mikkel Kessler

- telegraph.co.uk Gareth A Davies’ scorecard: Kessler 115 Froch 114

- bbc 115-114 kessler

That's not me looking for those scores but just clicking on the first few links that pop up for kessler froch scorecards/ rbr. I am not saying that it's inconceivable to have froch winning it was a close fight but kessler was the winner for me. I'm sure there are plenty of reasonable people that thought froch won, but still a clear minority I believe. To have froch winning 117-111 on the other hand tho reeks of bias to me. The last 2 sources are british and they had froch losing in a close fight. I haven't seen the fight in a while but what round's did I have kess winning, well sure as shit more than 3! If I get to watching it again I will post scores.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HattonTheHammer View Post
    erics44 has only been here a short time and he is already proving he knows more about boxing than most of the veterans on here claim too

ice - you saw a different fight to everyone else, im convinced your talking about the undercard fight as nothing you currently say makes any sense
    Everyone else ? who's everyone else ? most ringside experts, and most boxing fans had Mikkel Kessler winning, and the 3 most important men, the official judges also had Mikkel Kessler winning, so no i'd say i see the right one.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Surely this thread is a bit of a wind up. Anyway, for sure I will try and download the fight over the weekend and give my own proper take on it in the next few days.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Surely this thread is a bit of a wind up. Anyway, for sure I will try and download the fight over the weekend and give my own proper take on it in the next few days.
    The full fight is on Youtube, in HD quality mate.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    The full fight is on Youtube, in HD quality mate.
    Cheers!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Kessler won comfortably and couldnt understand why some thought Froch won afterwards. He was never going to get a decision in Denmark unless he clearly won the rounds. Most of the time he was on the back foot and Kessler was the one opening up. It was almsot as if Froch was afraid of giving it his all and surredered the title rather than go out fighting. He certainly didnt show teh passion he showed against Taylor and Pascal. We may see the warrior back against Abraham but he would be better suited using his head in that one ironically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1 Froch
    2 Kessler
    3 Froch
    4 Kessler
    5 Froch
    6 Kessler
    7 Kessler
    8 Kessler
    9 Kessler
    10 Froch
    11 Froch
    12 Kessler

That is my scorecard, hard fight to judge in truth, very close rounds Kessler always pressing the action Froch countering well Kessler working the body well, Froch lost this fight in the middle rounds, like people say if this was in the uk he probably would of got the nod the rounds were close many of them anyway, just pisses me off because watching that Froch didnt look his best that night and kessler has dropped dramatically from his prime, he was there for the taking and Froch did not deliver imo.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought it was very close and although I wish Froch won, I just felt that I couldn't argue as all the better work was being done by Kessler.

It was a great tear up, but the better boxing seemed to be coming from Kessler.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 0james0 View Post
    I thought it was very close and although I wish Froch won, I just felt that I couldn't argue as all the better work was being done by Kessler.

It was a great tear up, but the better boxing seemed to be coming from Kessler.

i have watched it again (for the third time) and i am in disbelief that anyone could say kessler won

the way i see it 1, 2, 6, 7, 8 and 12 were close enough to argue either way, froch was clearly on top in the other 6, so being absolutely kind in every way to kes it was a draw

skel - he didnt win 4, i have watched that round more than 3 times and no matter how many ways i look at it kes didnt do anywhere near enough, he looked out of his depth

Thread Information