25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Odlanier Solis has signed with DKP

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    He's fat but he has damn good skills and stamina for a far slob, if he could find the motivation to get in shape he could cause some surprises I think. Thus said, no matter what his ties are with the WBA, I always doubt it is any good to sign with Don King.
    He's got very good skills, he's a dangerous puncher, but yes his tendency to be overweight is worrying to me.

At this point I DO NOT think signing with Don King is a bad deal for because Don King has very few viable options at heavyweight, outside of Solis he has: Valuev, Austin, Meehan, and I think he still has Shannon Briggs though I'm not sure. For that reason I think Don King will protect him and build him up a bit....although with Solis already being overweight signing with DKP could just allow Solis to become lazier and fatter.
    Yeah but what worries me is that King has slowed down VERY much these last few years, his stable is damn thin and he's not promoting much cards, I understand the fact that he has, for many years now, been the master of the Queen's division but he's so inactive to find his few fighters a fight that it worries me a lot, especially because I like a lot Solis chances to do something in the division and what the guy needs is a bastard in his ass to make him train 7/7 till we see his abs, not a slag promoter resting on his ass and doing nothing.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

El Kabong Guest

Very true, King isn't what he once was, which is why I think he'll pay special attention to grooming Solis for a title shot...you saw how he got Ruiz and Valuev to hold on to the WBA belt...some of those decisions were dodgy as fuck. Golota BEAT John Ruiz, no doubt in my mind!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Very true, King isn't what he once was, which is why I think he'll pay special attention to grooming Solis for a title shot...you saw how he got Ruiz and Valuev to hold on to the WBA belt...some of those decisions were dodgy as fuck. Golota BEAT John Ruiz, no doubt in my mind!
    Golota also beat Chris Byrd and got screwed, he should have been a unified champ when he got KTFO in the 1st against Brewster, making Brewster the WBA,IBF,and WBO champ

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Solis better get his azz on the stationary bike. I honestly dont mind seeing King gaining a prospect with Oscar looking to power a young turk monopoly in GBP. Really though.....I think Solis is going to be a bust. If your not motivated coming up what happens when you have to fight for a real meal.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Solis better get his azz on the stationary bike. I honestly dont mind seeing King gaining a prospect with Oscar looking to power a young turk monopoly in GBP. Really though.....I think Solis is going to be a bust. If your not motivated coming up what happens when you have to fight for a real meal.
    Exactly. He had loads of potential but he let that go. Losing 40+ lbs to get back into real shape is not good for anyone and I don't think he'll ever show his potential now!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still think he can do alright for himself, but he has to buck up with the training. You can't just eat what you want during camp and just come out fat every time.

As for Don King, he is clearly past his prime. We just don't hear as many scandalous things about him anymore.

Thread Information