Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Alexander Frenkel

Biggest win last weekend against Enzo Mac. Can he compete on the next level with the likes of Lebedev, Huck, Cunningham, Green, or Ross?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Alexander Frenkel

You know pal, for the first 20 seconds of the fight I thought he was lookin good and gonna blow Enzo out no problems, then, he just all of a sudden turned in to a very amatuer lookin fighter I thought. He really did look quite an odd fighter. He was getting outboxed by Enzo for me, so if that happens, then I'd say anyone with good boxing skills and a good chin will beat him. Enzo would have had him easy if he had a better chin....

I'd say Huck, Cunningham and Lebedev would beat him no sweat.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know...looked also strange to me...Frenkel began really well and than looked nearly beaten in the 6th round only to knock Enzo out in the 7th round...and I must add that most boxers would have gone down getting hit like that,so Frenkel definitely got power...he later explained his lack of activity during the fight,saying that this was his first 12 round fight and that he was a bit over cautious with pacing himself after the first round...The Enzo fight was a bit too early for Frenkel IMO,but the win should give him confidence...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKickAss View Post
    I don't know...looked also strange to me...Frenkel began really well and than looked nearly beaten in the 6th round only to knock Enzo out in the 7th round...and I must add that most boxers would have gone down getting hit like that,so Frenkel definitely got power...he later explained his lack of activity during the fight,saying that this was his first 12 round fight and that he was a bit over cautious with pacing himself after the first round...The Enzo fight was a bit too early for Frenkel IMO,but the win should give him confidence...
    I had him winning the 1st round and maybe the 5th, but losing the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 6th rounds. Then again, that was his first big fight and it was in front of a hostile crowd. Frenkel looked a little green, but Enzo is a former titleholder at cruiserweight, and the win is a good one for him. I agree that it is too early to put him in with any of the top guys although a fight with the Green/Flores winner could be a good match.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with Rantacrat that Frenkel looked abit green.

He isnt the finished article yet but his trainers have some good raw materials to work with. Fundamentals are there, he is already an unbeaten Euro champ and he seems to have abit of charisma about him. He was posing at the weigh in and got afew laughs so he is a welcome edition to the usually dull cruiserweight division.

He can take a shot and he tucked up well. Absorbed everything Enzo threw at him then had the ability to end it out the blue. He was Arthur Abrahamesq in how clinically he ended proceedings. Enzos has been knocked out afew times but never that dramatically.

Im looking forward to seeing Frenkel again. Bit more experience then he's ready to be unleashed on the world stage.
    Last edited by GAME; 09-28-2010 at 07:34 PM.

Thread Information