Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Ricky Hatton's challenges -Life after boxing

Boxing - Ricky Hatton’s challenges

Part of me thinks that this piece has some valid points, but the other part of me thinks that it is a lot of hot air.

I think there is no doubt that the Pacquiao fight has turned Hattons world upside down, but we all knew that he was a glutton for the nightlife and food prior to that. Between every single fight he would balloon in a way unimaginable to most people. So, for this piece to try and pin it on post career depression is a bit too simplified. Didn't Hatton always go on the piss prior to Mayweather and all those other fights too?

I mean, don't we all get depressed and hate the world at some point in our lives? But do we have the excuse of being a retired sportsman with a void to be filled? And furthermore, do we have the excuse of having all that time on our hands because we have millions of pounds in the bank? And after all shouldn't our families have helped us more to deal with whatever transition we were making? If he is so guilty then how about offering small refunds to all those that still have their ticket stubs from the Pac fight?

To me it just sounds like a lot of hot air being cast forth for a multi millionaire, self absorbed sportsman to make excuses for his post boxing career indulgence with so called 'sin'. I don't know why Fightnews posted this piece because it seems to me nothing more than an academic exercise to try and justify a well known sportsmans fall from public favour.

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ricky Hatton's challenges -Life after boxing

i dont know how accurate it is either

first paragraph saying many of his fans have turned against him, have they?

its just tabloid crap

if ricky announced a fight in america he would get as many travelling fans as as many pay per viewers as before

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    i dont know how accurate it is either

first paragraph saying many of his fans have turned against him, have they?

its just tabloid crap

if ricky announced a fight in america he would get as many travelling fans as as many pay per viewers as before
    It's only Fightnews as far as I can tell, so it isn't exactly in the UK tabloids, but for sure I question the purpose and reason for it.

I don't think his fans have turned against him, but it's certainly given those that dislike him a lot more ammunition. Though I would argue any opinions from Eastside are effectively worthless and that that's the only place where you really see a seriously anti-Hatton crowd.

Hatton is still popular and people wish him well, but if this is a Hatton team attempt to spin his post career wastefulness then I do urge them to take another approach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miles I will be honest this whole episode is boring me to death.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    It isn't the most exciting topic in the world, but I thought it neccessary to counter the idea that the bored, multi millionaire, post boxing boxer has nothing else to do but get depressed and turn to drugs. In this sense it is a move way from the whole shock, revelatory "Hatton takes drugs" topic. We know that, now we are seeing excuses for his so called 'lapses'. That's what the thread is about.

It's such a corny line. It's a stereotype rather than anything else. I mean don't most working class men with no money also get drunk and take drugs? What's their excuse? People make their own choices in life, to put it all down to "a boxer gets empty therefore they turn to this and this and because of this...ect". I find that a very hollow justification all in all.

You made your choice, move on. No need for any bollocky justifications.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ricky has to get his life back in order, he is to blame no one else and only he can get out of it whether it is through medication or yoga. He has little sympathy from me. Another Stan Collymore celebrity in rehab to me.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Exactly, the aftermath is far, far, far, far worse than the initial 'crime'.

Nobody really cares. Young rich man spends some of his practically unlimited money on cocaine to get off his face on a weekend. It's really not even a story.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think that many people really care whether or not Hatton is doing drugs, I mean it's his life. He's a young and rich man.

In fact, I think him and Nas Hamed should get together for a burger eating contest.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

good luck Ricky your better than this

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As someone pointed out, this is a recent pic of Ricky.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Who the fuck are you?

http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well it is, from this perspective, a little bit of both.

One, his carefree attitude during downtime finally gone awry rearing negativism beyond control, and the other, the downward spiral associated from the residual effect of an awkward, demoralizing, abruption from celebrity. Which one is greater, is a coin flip!

While text and writeups on Hatton's wild side in between boxing engagements are abound, It can be accurate that the details of it will pale, or will somewhat be tamer from the outside (US or boxing in general versoin) than that of local (or UK) publications. By default, it will be juicier for content locally. In that regard, an outsider, will no better know how far and to what extent have Ricky Hatton's decline been through this alleged excessive liberties for the good stuff. In general though, the perception as widely accepted, is that the "Hitman Hatton" is indeed no model for discipline, on the night scene.

And then on the the "fall from grace" that was painfully dissected in the write-up on exhibit, although not the worst place to stock up information on if one is to research for this kind of stuff, however, other than that purpose, an overkill.

One thing though, If one is somewhat familiar on "Big George" Foreman's hardships from his fall associated with the loss to Ali, that on some regard is somewhat in parallel with that of the Hitman's, then you can see a pattern, and one that you can follow from the explanations touched on in the write-up. It is even somewhat engaging and informative.

Great piece actually, it makes you aware of the "things to do list" in order to alleviate conditions to this sad plight. Having seen the documentary on George Foreman is a plus, it will give a greater perspective on the subtleties pertaining to, and or the things relevant to situations similar to this.

Ricky Hatton probably just needed someone to listen to, someone with a "NO-itness" or a bit for the common sense when his' was clearly failing. And this void, partly to blame maybe, is also from his "celebrity", his level of iconic status that have reduced people around him exclusively, all but doing all the listening, instead of the other, here and there.

And, why is it not even surprsing, that this is maybe, at all times?

Ricky, like George can come out of this, the better. What is the saying? Put the what to the grindstone? And if like Big George can... and with a consumer product as successful as the " George Foreman Grill", Ricky will come out of this... just simply spectacular! One would hope.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Who the fuck are you?

i aint been around for ages, im on everyday just reading.

Thread Information