40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saddoboxing head to head debates

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

Basically anyone who scoffs at me for my ridiculous belief is just confirming that they are a sheep, blindly following the scientific maxims of the day. But we KNOW they died out millions of years ago, men in white coats with no agendas of their own tell us.
    LOL straw man much?
    I don't even read your posts any more. I can't. Seeing Kid Thunder's brother on the skateboard in your sig is to much of a fucking distraction

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    I will quickly say this though. The ONLY reason people think the idea of man and dinosaur coexisting is because they are indoctrinated with the evolutionary timescale and think they died out millions of years ago.

There is NOTHING at all aside from that which causes a problem with man and dinosaur coexistence, in fact ALL the other evidence supports such a relationship.

Consider the following. All ancient races and cultures recorded their encounters with dragons and monsters, sometimes describing in physical detail or even drawing them. When they provided a description they can often be matched exactly to a particular dinosaur.

They are featured in the ancient history's, for example Herodotus and carved on walls, caves, coffins, etc in unmistakable accuracy.

Now dinosaurs have been found still containing red blood cells, which has prompted scientists to declare that red blood cells have been able to survive 65 million years longer than previously thought possible! Wow, amazing, but hang on, couldn't it just be............

Basically anyone who scoffs at me for my ridiculous belief is just confirming that they are a sheep, blindly following the scientific maxims of the day. But we KNOW they died out millions of years ago, men in white coats with no agendas of their own tell us.
    This never fails to make me laugh
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well that's Bilbo's post in. Now time for Andre to weigh in with his own take on whether or not man truly walked with the dinoaurs.

And then we will have to set up another debate. Maybe a debate between HTH and Amat about whether it's better to put a finger up another girls nose or another girls bum. There could be some serious pearls of wisdom with that one.

But alas, we must await on Andre and his counter to Bilbo's insights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Picture of a part of a Cambodian temple built 800 years ago, when Western science only began assembling dinosaurs skeletons in the past two centuries..

Egypt, 3300 B.C.

It's possible!!

~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Looks like a Rhino and some Giraffes to me, how about you Bilbo?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually, I fail how could it be gay or a bad idea to see two peoples confronting their arguments without anybody to hamper the debate, throwing it in unwilling directions, we have all the other threads to do that, one thread for a one-one test is quite inspiring Imo.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where is Andre when you need him?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Reading up on his Darwin? I haven't the foggiest!

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    You know Darwin was actually a practicing Christian and never once did it cross his mind that Evolution and Creation were mutually exclusive.

So all you Evolutionists out there can suck it!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    You know Darwin was actually a practicing Christian and never once did it cross his mind that Evolution and Creation were mutually exclusive.

Don't tell me you are another creationist wacko? How many extreme views can one man have?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've heard many evolutionist express the belief that believing in God and believing in evolution are far from mutually exclusive.

El Kabong Guest

Don't tell me you are another creationist wacko? How many extreme views can one man have?
    No unlike most people I don't know what happened that brought humans here and unlike the groups of people on either side of this debate I don't force my view on anyone else. I'm open minded, but I have questions like

1. If we did evolve what did we first evolve from and what circumstance put whatever organism we evolved from here on Earth

2. If we evolved from monkeys then why are there still monkeys?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No unlike most people I don't know what happened that brought humans here and unlike the groups of people on either side of this debate I don't force my view on anyone else. I'm open minded, but I have questions like

1. If we did evolve what did we first evolve from and what circumstance put whatever organism we evolved from here on Earth

2. If we evolved from monkeys then why are there still monkeys?
    They are fair questions to ask. I think it always important to question, after all evolution is only a theory with a set amount of evidence to support it. I am most inclined to go with evolution as I think it makes the most sense. It has nothing to do with indoctrination as Bilbo suggests. I am someone that really does question everything, whence my cynicism. I seldom accept anything at face value, but in this case I think science has the more coherent suggestions as to how life has come about as it has. I struggle to take creationism seriously as in any way a reasonable explanation for existance.

I'm cynical about a lot of things and religion itself is something I struggle to take seriously too, but that's another topic entirely. I do respect people who have their particular faiths though. They have a certainty that I just don't have.

El Kabong Guest

They are fair questions to ask. I think it always important to question, after all evolution is only a theory with a set amount of evidence to support it. I am most inclined to go with evolution as I think it makes the most sense. It has nothing to do with indoctrination as Bilbo suggests. I am someone that really does question everything, whence my cynicism. I seldom accept anything at face value, but in this case I think science has the more coherent suggestions as to how life has come about as it has. I struggle to take creationism seriously as in any way a reasonable explanation for existance.

I'm cynical about a lot of things and religion itself is something I struggle to take seriously too, but that's another topic entirely. I do respect people who have their particular faiths though. They have a certainty that I just don't have.
    Well miles finally something we can actually agree on. I'm no Bible beater myself (although I relate more to that sacred text than any other more than likely because I grew up with it) but I kind of take a Joseph Campbell approach to religion. I think the morals and values that can be taken from these sacred texts and used by the average person are lost because the leaders of organized religion politicize or skew the truth of the stories from those texts.

Lots of people see the story of Adam & Eve and see a story of temptation or deception or whatever. I look at it and see an OMNIPOTENT (all seeing, all knowing, all powerful) God giving humans the opportunity to have free will. If God is omnipotent, then of course #1 Why put the Tree of Knowledge in the Garden of Eden? #2 Why point it out to Adam and Eve and say "Make sure you don't eat the fruit from that tree"?....it's because God knew they would eat from it and it could be said that God WANTED them to eat from that tree, but that's an angle on the story not many people take the time to see.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jesus is just a rip off Mithra and Horus life, who did exist a couple thousand years before he was ever born: died at 33, had 12 disciples, walked the desert, resurrected after 3 days, it is the copy/paste of the exact same life, really. I am always astonished to discover that most "Christians" do not even know that when dozen evidence have been collected and found for the past couple thousand years, from inscriptions in Luxor to Thebes and in many ancient Indian palaces.
    As for Darwin, the only reason why he said he did "believe" was simply to not get the same fate as Lavoisier, Copernicus or Galileo, the guy strongly believed in evolution, gave countless excellent examples (especially his larks).
    Now the Dinosaurs thing: It's one of the funniest argument ever advances, all the radiometry and stratigraphy tests conclude unanimously that earth is far far older than 50 000 and so were the dinosaurs. Such arguments as Bilbo stated about "being carved in a palace's wall" are extremely funny, it's like if people in 2000 years would get their hands over a tape of Jurassic Park and conclude that we did live with dinosaurs. Dinosaurs skeletons have been found for a long long time now and it would be naive to imagine that people at the time didn't have a fascination for these bones just like we, modern, do today.
    As for the argument of the "hidden agenda", except if you take for granted that all the modern scientists working on archeology and evolution are member of the same plot (for which reason, by the way?? I don't see any reasons why they would secretly and unanimously against a creative factors), that argument just doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by Nameless; 09-30-2010 at 01:17 PM.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Thread Information