Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default De La Hoya: I want to eliminate all competition

Golden Boy President Wants To Eliminate All Competition - Boxing News

He basically says he wants to get rid of the Don Kings and Bob Arums and have only 1 boxing promoter (meaning him) and he would also want 1 boxing commission. He wants to sign all the talent, have all the tv dates, have a monthly ppv, etc.

*Now my thoughts on this are that there is nothing wrong with having 1 unified and centralized boxing commission that sets all the rules, for instance instead of having the Nevada Athletic commission and California athletic Commission, and the other states commissions, have only 1 unified commission that recognizes only 1 champ and has a universal standard rule. But having only 1 promoter is bad, just think of it as Dana White monopolizing MMA where he gives the fighters really shitty wages for having 1.5 million PPVs like in the case where Brock Lesnar made only 450k in that fight. I'm all for having multiple promoters, in a way I see them as sports agents for their boxing clients, sort of like what the NFL, NBA, MLB has. Those American sports leagues has 1 unified rule and commission but have numerous sports agents getting their clients good money. Since many of these boxers put their life on the line to entertain us, I"m not for them being fucked over like that money wise like what Dana White does to his MMA fighters. 1 boxing commission is good, 1 promoter only is bad in my eyes.

Just my 2 cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: De La Hoya: I want to eliminate all competition

It would be nothing like Dana White, Dela Hoya can be a cunt at times but he want's to do this for boxing, it's a good idea but won't happen, if it ever did would be not in our lifetime.

Dela Hoya just want's the best fights made making him and his fighters a lot of money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Since Oscar has come onto the scene as a promoter he has put on some decent fight's but most of them have nothing but old washed up fighter's or fighter's that are in a weight class that no one gives a shit about. He'll hit the homerun with the megamoney fight and then put five lackluster fight's with on a card before it. That to me is not helping the sport it is hurting it. Yes it leaves us serious boxing fans foaming at the mouth but in reality you are also trying to sell to the casual fan. I think that is were Oscar misses and Arum and King fill in. They at least have a couple or even several fight's that are worth a damn.Not Alfonso Gomez and Jose Luis Castillo. OR on the recent card Saul Alvarez against a shell of him former self Baldomir. When a big money fight could have been made with a top ten oppenent for Alvarez. Point being is Oscar is trying to sell the meaningless fight's with out hitting it out of the park until the main event. Something that Arum and King already have produced on their cards.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ODH wants a monopoly on fighters, so does Arum, King and Warren. Boxing would be ruined if that happens.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    ODH wants a monopoly on fighters, so does Arum, King and Warren. Boxing would be ruined if that happens.
    how so? if one promoter had all the rights to every fighter there would be no need to shield a fighter, seeing how they would get all the profits regardless

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

De La Hoya came into the promotion world on a 'bettering boxing' kick but he has done jack shit, and I was a real supporter of his too. He did almost what amounted to a 'State of Boxing' speech on my local radio station KNBR in the runup to the second Juarez-Barrera fight and everything he outlined in that speech, none of it has been accomplished. 1 boxing commission is a good thing, because people are actually on government payrolls that let Kid Thunder fight. 1 promoter isn't a good thing, no way. Still, let's see if he actually does anything to make this 1 commission thing happen.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    how so? if one promoter had all the rights to every fighter there would be no need to shield a fighter, seeing how they would get all the profits regardless
    You are naive, what if they do not want to sign for him, they are forced to sign with him and what he has to offer. He will look after himself and his cronies.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are naive, what if they do not want to sign for him, they are forced to sign with him and what he has to offer. He will look after himself and his cronies.
    umm you're the one even taking the idea of it happening seriously, so who's really the naive one? King, Arum, and hell even Goosen have too much money of their own for DLH and GBP to be able to come anywhere close to getting a monopoly, it's never gonna happen, and if it did we would be stuck with boxing's version of UFC and the only ones who'd be screwed are the fighters themselves, that said yea there should only be one commission

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Competition is what keeps business successful and thriving. Oscar wants to be a damn Don...not King. We don't need dictators. Maybe he can ensure lifetime contracts for his fellow share holders....and I'm betting Hopkins could last until 65 yrs old

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing should turn the keys over to De La Hoya. Let the man fixes what's wrong. If anybody can do it, Oscar can

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

umm you're the one even taking the idea of it happening seriously, so who's really the naive one? King, Arum, and hell even Goosen have too much money of their own for DLH and GBP to be able to come anywhere close to getting a monopoly, it's never gonna happen, and if it did we would be stuck with boxing's version of UFC and the only ones who'd be screwed are the fighters themselves, that said yea there should only be one commission
    What's wrong with the ufc? They make all the big fights that are wanted, and put out good cards on a monthly basis, and the guys who don't perform get booted.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    What's wrong with the ufc? They make all the big fights that are wanted, and put out good cards on a monthly basis, and the guys who don't perform get booted.
    ummm apart from they pay their fighters peanuts well yea nothing...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

George St. Pierre the best fighter p4p in the UFC got paid 60k in one of his co-headlining fights. Lesnar got paid something like 450k for headlining a ppv that had 1.5 million buys. Great for the fans no doubt, but really shitty pay for the tens of millions they make for Dana White. White gets tens of millions while if these guys are lucky the may break 100k. Now that is sad.

Boxing can fix a lot of things if it had 1 commission only, which I'm for. The thing I'm against is 1 promoter UFC style, this fucks over the fighters really badly. And since many of these guys put it on the line to entertain us, I do want them to get what they can get.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    George St. Pierre the best fighter p4p in the UFC got paid 60k in one of his co-headlining fights. Lesnar got paid something like 450k for headlining a ppv that had 1.5 million buys. Great for the fans no doubt, but really shitty pay for the tens of millions they make for Dana White. White gets tens of millions while if these guys are lucky the may break 100k. Now that is sad.

Boxing can fix a lot of things if it had 1 commission only, which I'm for. The thing I'm against is 1 promoter UFC style, this fucks over the fighters really badly. And since many of these guys put it on the line to entertain us, I do want them to get what they can get.
    that's my point, you know something's wrong when Toney (a guy with zero MMA experience) gets paid a rumored 750k to 1 mil for just showing up and getting beat up, and then the guy who was challenging for the title gets paid only a couple ten thousand bucks

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Boxing should turn the keys over to De La Hoya. Let the man fixes what's wrong. If anybody can do it, Oscar can
    Giving him absolute power will destroy boxing, no one should have that much power, not good for the boxers.

Thread Information