Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
Competition is what keeps business successful and thriving. Oscar wants to be a damn Don...not King. We don't need dictators. Maybe he can ensure lifetime contracts for his fellow share holders....and I'm betting Hopkins could last until 65 yrs old
Nice play on words there Spicoli.

Mr King is a 4 real killa he would never just roll over for the new Don.
Yeh Kings a walking cartoon but he and Arum always served as counter balance to one another. Competion as shown by Kings early SET ppvs which were the best I've seen. On the flip side though, both of their stubborn arses prevented some great fights from happening, network haggeling and not risking 'franchise' fighters.

A monopoly is not good. It may streamline and simplify early on but it won't last and even more quality fighters will lose 'favor' thus exposure to fans and vice versa. Unified boards and commision are the answer not a self anointed czar with a direct financial interest in contract terms and outcomes. Like ex fighters being involved big time but one man one vote gets sticky.
I cant see it would ever happen smoothly, its a huge pie thats already been cut up. Something would have to change dramatically as people wouldnt give up any of their share.

There are so many fighters these days ; Maybe if it did occur one day in the future then it would have to be ran like league ladders within divisions and fight offs with relegation and step ups to make it to the top ladder. Then maybe even separate promoters handling all the separate weights.

I dont know the answer, even some of the top judges are tarred with some hidden brush, Not many but some of their insane calls that are so far from other pro judges that it makes me feel they must be on the take or into side bets.