Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vitali-Briggs press conf pictures and fight talk!!!

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default re: Vitali-Briggs press conf pictures and fight talk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Briggs was never that good at his best and all these years later his stamina has not improved. He has too much muscle, and will tire out after 4 rounds and get beaten.
    He rocked the crap out of Lennox Lewis a couple times....should have scored a knockdown too! Granted this was AGES ago...but he was good, he just (like all other contenders) was inconsistent

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Briggs was never that good at his best and all these years later his stamina has not improved. He has too much muscle, and will tire out after 4 rounds and get beaten.
    He rocked the crap out of Lennox Lewis a couple times....should have scored a knockdown too! Granted this was AGES ago...but he was good, he just (like all other contenders) was inconsistent
    He was still in genuine shape then though and was not carrying about 40lbs off juiced up muscle. I think he weighed about 225 for that fight, which is a good weight for a HW of his height.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Milli Vanilli Boy will gassed out and gets crushed in 7th.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I honestly beleive that Lennox was playing with him because he was trying to get a fight with Holyfield and if he made it exciting and he could afford to take chances with Briggs he would and in fact did get the fight with Holyfield. That's why Lennox dropped his hands and battered Briggs. If that Briggs could not win the title, this version sure is not too.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

I honestly beleive that Lennox was playing with him because he was trying to get a fight with Holyfield and if he made it exciting and he could afford to take chances with Briggs he would and in fact did get the fight with Holyfield. That's why Lennox dropped his hands and battered Briggs. If that Briggs could not win the title, this version sure is not too.
    Well Lennox was a lot younger then, I still think the only way Vitali loses is if he injures himself. I do think Briggs may try to play dirty a bit to either rile Vitali or try to injure him as Vitali will more than likely control the pace of the fight and really just land at will.

I think Vitali's ring entrance is going to be the only surprising part of this fight...what could upstage Wlad's last entrance or Vitali's entrance vs Sam Peter?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope the ring entrance is not the best part of the fight, Briggs should go for broke.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope the ring entrance is not the best part of the fight, Briggs should go for broke.
    I actually think this could be an exciting fight. Briggs knows he has to win early or he'll gas so surely he'll come out throwing. On the flipside most Klit opponents won't engage these days and it makes for dull fights as the Brothers are both fighters who wait for the opponents make mistakes and then punish and grab before anything can come their way. So if Briggs does really go for it early we might just see an explosion (I hope).

(£10 on primetime does seem a bit steep mind, their coverage is utter shite)

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post
    I actually think this could be an exciting fight. Briggs knows he has to win early or he'll gas so surely he'll come out throwing. On the flipside most Klit opponents won't engage these days and it makes for dull fights as the Brothers are both fighters who wait for the opponents make mistakes and then punish and grab before anything can come their way. So if Briggs does really go for it early we might just see an explosion (I hope).

(£10 on primetime does seem a bit steep mind, their coverage is utter shite)
    The Klitschko's also usually wait out more aggressive opponents....though Vitali has been known to fight fire with fire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In Actuality, I think Briggs would be a better fight for Wladimer, that's a fight he has a better chance at winning, Vitali is much better defensively than Wladimer and has a better chin so I don't see Briggs winning this. If this was Wladimer I would, because he wouldnt tie Briggs up he is too strong to be muscled around in a tie up, and he wouldnt lean to it like Peter eventually did. But I don't see Briggs beating Vitali unless Vitali gets old over night or is caught with something out of nowhere.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

El Kabong Guest

Come on man....we all know Wlad would demolish Briggs, I hate it that he won't get the chance to, but he would have crushed Shannon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Come on man....we all know Wlad would demolish Briggs, I hate it that he won't get the chance to, but he would have crushed Shannon.
    of the two brothers, against Wlad Briggs at least has a punchers chance. Against Vitali he really doesn't have any.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    of the two brothers, against Wlad Briggs at least has a punchers chance. Against Vitali he really doesn't have any.
    Wlad is better of the two, his defence is better and he is quicker, Vitali is slower and probably the weaker of the two champs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shannon looks to be in great shape but the punch output is his problem so we will see how it turns out...I pick Vitali but would like to see Shannon at least look respectable

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    Shannon looks to be in great shape but the punch output is his problem so we will see how it turns out...I pick Vitali but would like to see Shannon at least look respectable
    It would have been nice had Shannon had a meaningful fight before this, however, he's probably more dangerous being in "unknown" condition in regards to punch output etc.

I would still not mind seeing Briggs-Peter, they had legit beef with each other a year or two back. It would be a decent scrap.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Briggs has never beaten a legit top ten fighter aside from last minute brick on the White wolf . He should be a body builder. He's a puffed up gimmick with a big punch and flowing blond locks. He should blitz Vitali and swing until he falls from eventual exhaustion or wins the chin checkers lotto early.

Thread Information