Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Vitali-Briggs press conf pictures and fight talk!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vitali-Briggs press conf pictures and fight talk!!!

wtf with these guys saying Vitali could have finished it. He wanted, He did EVERYTHING he had, but COULDN'T DROP let alone STOP the 39 years old, 262 pounds heavy IRON CHINNED Shanon Briggs.
    Good win for Vitaly and respect to Briggs, the will to countinue after taking such a big amount of clean power shots showed that he didn't enter the ring just for money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

SB came to win but Vk was too fast so SB started looking for the one hit ko. VK looked like he was taking it easy as far as the attacks, he just wasn't as aggressive as usual. I'm sure we would see a lot more action from VK if David "The Shittalker and do nothing" Haye would grow some balls and get in the ring
    WHO NEXT ?Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well that was even more onesided than I thought. Briggs not only hardly landed any punches for the most part he seemed incapable of throwing any. A few straights to the body in the early rounds and that was basically it.

Very cautious openning by both but by the mid to late rounds Vitali landed that right hand almost at will. Fair play, Briggs chin mainly took the shots well. He was in trouble a few times later on but more down to the affect of the sustained punishment.

Thought the fight could have been stopped in the 10th. Briggs finally landed a flush headshot in the 11th which that stunned or took Vitali by surprise.

Credit to Briggs that he made the final bell but this was like watching an old Vitali beat up on a punchbag for 12 rounds.

El Kabong Guest

Vitali is no longer sitting down on his punches like he used to, he can stop damn near anyone but he is content to just score and not get hit in return.

Wlad is trying to move in the opposite direction, letting his hands go more.

Why all the sympathy for Briggs, you knew what was in store for him before the fight even started.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Vitali is no longer sitting down on his punches like he used to, he can stop damn near anyone but he is content to just score and not get hit in return.

Wlad is trying to move in the opposite direction, letting his hands go more.

Why all the sympathy for Briggs, you knew what was in store for him before the fight even started.
    Agreed. Vitali doesn't have the same power in his punches anymore. To be honest I wonder if something has happened in sparring over the last 12-18 months, maybe he has been rocked or hurt by a punch or something because he certainly isn't taking risks he used to. I know he's never been the biggest risk taker anyway BUT he certainly used to let his chin get tested, now he is nearly as cautious as Wlad.

Not knocking either Klit there either, they have found a way to be hard to beat and it works, thats all you can ask.

After the fight last night I got the old Briggs-Lewis DVD out and it reminded me just how good a real HW contest could be. If Briggs had been that lean and that fast last night, I think he could have caused Vitali some real trouble. I think that version of Briggs would give Wlad a lot to think about too, BUT he went down the roid road and turned into a Brock Lesnar esque figure and it just doesn't work in boxing at the top level. All that muscle and bulk leaves you too slow to react quick enough and had it not been for Shannons chin he would have been KO'd last night!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone know where I can watch this? Missed it last night.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah obviously Vitalis power has gone....Briggs is in the hospital in bad shape. Oh those shots looked weak...blah blagh, these are heavyweights. Just shows you Briggs has some serious heart to fight through that shit. Arreola would have been balling like a baby, at least his corner had some sense enough to save their fighter.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    Yeah obviously Vitalis power has gone....Briggs is in the hospital in bad shape. Oh those shots looked weak...blah blagh, these are heavyweights. Just shows you Briggs has some serious heart to fight through that shit. Arreola would have been balling like a baby, at least his corner had some sense enough to save their fighter.
    Well on the good side Vitali has rid boxing of Shannon Briggs, the bad part is he had to unretire him to bring him back and retire him.

I think Vitali can still sit down on punches and blast guys out the way he did Kirk Johnson, but I think the Danny Williams fight taught him a bit about how much an opponent can take before they lay down.

Thread Information