Quote Originally Posted by magee View Post
Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
Anyone who thinks Smith can win this is in la la land, the guy was getting outboxed by Tony Dodson ffs till Dodson ran out of gas.

Frank knows he needs to fast track the likes of De Gale and Gavin and I see no harm in this De Gale is an experienced fighter who is no kid he is 24 years of age and Paul Smith is average at best, I think De Gale will surprise a few and look very good against Smith.

The only probelm with his is the big step up after this fight where does De Gale go? I still think he needs a 2-3 fights against durable fighters like Smith but after Smith where does he go?
I don't think its mad for people to think that Smith can win this. If we take into consideration that DeGale has only had 8 fights, never been more than 5 rounds, never been in a war and has never fought anyone decent. Smith has been in wars and been in with experienced fighters. I agree that his fights aren't pleasant to watch, especially Dodson fight in which he looked awful. Im sticking with Smith and think if he can drag DeGale into late rounds and make it a scrappy fight he could nick it on points with the home crowd with him.

However if De Gale wins I hope he at least gets knocked down or something. I am impressed with his skills and talent, but I think a reality check could be good for him before he starts mixing it with the European and World fighters in the future.
i agree with you dude

smith has a very good chance, i dont think he degale will get him out early and the longer the fight goes on the more de gale will have to take

i would actually bet on smith to win

had degale had a few more fights it might be completely different

de gale will have to deal with a very hostile crowd too, he is disliked as it is but in someone elses home town?