3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather Vs Judah

Kudos to the LVPD and security guards. They handled that situation really well. I really thought it was gonna be another Bowe-Golota mayhem.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thought you were going to show Judah wobbling Floyd.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

look at 02:30... It looks like Judah is offended by something Larry Merchant says
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be fair. You have to have a certain amount of respect for Roger/ Floyd Snr as knowledgeable trainers (nothing else mind...).

Something Floyd says about Roger calling what Zab would do 2 days before the fight. Not just that (because, well that's really not much at all) but also I remember reading after the Mosley fight that Floyd had commented how Roger (in his corner) and Floyd Snr (at ringside) were both giving him exactly the same advice.

Again that may not seem like much to talk about but to me, it's indicative that these Mayweather's are all very much from the same school of boxing and really do know what they are talking about (although most of the time no one else does.... except for those damn homsections!).

I dunno. Just a vibe i'm getting
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh what a faker, what an actor! Get those points deducted. Zab "Super" Judah, giving Floyd a lil rough up lol. Floyd acts like he's a perfectly legit boxer, who doesnt throw elbows in his shell defense. Wait a second, I just thought of something....why wasnt Floyd D/Q'd right when Roger stepped foot on the canvas. I thought if your trainer came into the ring the fight was stopped? Huh? WTF was that?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol if you watch the slo mo Judah sucker punches Ellerbe, oh man who hasnt wanted to do that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Then Cotto gave him a taste of his own medicine - several times:

Hidden Content

www.twitter.com/BoxingBantz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather tribute...

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    Oh what a faker, what an actor! Get those points deducted. Zab "Super" Judah, giving Floyd a lil rough up lol. Floyd acts like he's a perfectly legit boxer, who doesnt throw elbows in his shell defense. Wait a second, I just thought of something....why wasnt Floyd D/Q'd right when Roger stepped foot on the canvas. I thought if your trainer came into the ring the fight was stopped? Huh? WTF was that?
    Absolutely, Floyd should have been out as soon as Roger's ugly mug came anywhere near the scene. The guy broke all the rules, and what's more it was apparently pre-meditated.

Automatic DQ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Absolutely, Floyd should have been out as soon as Roger's ugly mug came anywhere near the scene. The guy broke all the rules, and what's more it was apparently pre-meditated.

Automatic DQ.
    Are you having an issue with refs not calling DQ when someone outside steps into the ring? Or is it you have a problem with Floyd and would just like to see him lose even if it is in a circumstance that would of said nothing about his performance?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by global View Post

Automatic DQ.
    Are you having an issue with refs not calling DQ when someone outside steps into the ring? Or is it you have a problem with Floyd and would just like to see him lose even if it is in a circumstance that would of said nothing about his performance?
    I dont hate on Floyd, but rules are rules. I definately think there was favortism shown, because it was a huge fight, and nobody wants to see it end like that. Floyd should have been d/q'd. You trying to say you didnt see Roger Mayweather jump into the ring first? Roger gets special treatment? If that same thing happened during say the opening fight, it would have been stopped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by global View Post

Automatic DQ.
    I dont hate on Floyd, but rules are rules. I definately think there was favortism shown, because it was a huge fight, and nobody wants to see it end like that. Floyd should have been d/q'd. You trying to say you didnt see Roger Mayweather jump into the ring first? Roger gets special treatment? If that same thing happened during say the opening fight, it would have been stopped.
    I do would agree that it should have been stopped and that they did kind of dodge a bullet by nothing happening after the incident. It could have been a complete black mark on boxing had they let it continue and something more serious was to occur instead of the less than amazing finish to the fight. It is the jumping in you logic that kind of gets me,
    1. Floyd was playing up the low blows
    2. Floyd is as dirty a fighter as most
    3. Floyd should have been DQ'd

While all those are true it starts out leading with what Floyd himself did and concluding with final serious offense, something his trainer did. It comes down to trying to give him an asterisk on the record. It's like trying to bring up Roy Jones Jr. DQ loss in saying he wasn't as good as people like to think. Neither of the justified DQ's says much of anything about the two fighters.

I do think it was a display of favoritism but it really isn't something to be held against Floyd. He does have his share of real things that can be held against him though.
    Last edited by global; 10-17-2010 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Additional comment

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont know what the hell your argueing about? So why make rules if your just going to break them when its convienient. Roger Mayweather knows that rule, he has no right to interfer with the ref like that, let the ref handle the fight. I'm not trying to say Mayweather is crap because he should have been d/q'd vs Judah, he wasnt the one jumping on the canvas. Quit trying to defend Mayweather on this its kinda making you look like a fanboy.

Thread Information