Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
lol @ the name Lord Moran.

Urban Dictionary: moran

But yea, he is probably right for most of it except about our level of actually giving a shit. Most people I know care little about politics or even vote. We know more about american politics because it is on our tv. There is a reason 80% of grade 3 students when I was in grade 3 when asked who our Prime Minister was...answered George Bush. Because our parents were watching it on tv...and well, laughing mostly. It's still like this even well into our teens.

We are a lackadaisical people by nature for most things and have a sense of self- deprecating humor because we are simply nice to others to almost a fault, and just prefer to laugh at ourselves as we understand our subject matter best. We have no inherited need to try and be/remain better then other countries...see my geography lesson post down below. To most of your assertions, I think you'd find a lot of Canadians, myself included would simply answer...'ya, so?" But yet remain nearly always at the top of quality of living indexes. Though most wouldn't know that...because again, it isn't as important for us to be better then others, and certainly by means of denigration. This isn't even a decision we made to be this way...again, just a result of us not caring.

I think the level of trying to antagonize us would go something like this...

"Your political climate is dull and uninspiring!"

"Ya, so?"

"Your people are generally dull and uninspiring!"

"Ya, so?"

"And hockey Sucks!"

"Hey, wait a god damn minute there!"
haha you're a funny guy youngblood, it's not as big a compliment as it sounds when I say you could yet become one of the greatest living Canadians.

On the plus side, my old personal trainer was from Toronto and she had the nicest ass of any girl I've ever met.