Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What a TRAVESTY!!!!!!!

Well thanks a lot for ruining it for the people that hasn't seen the fight.

Whatever happened to the courtesy of adding a "Spoiler" headline on it?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    Im not sure Vitali is the massive puncher he is made out to be. For 12 rounds he hit Briggs flush with every right hand he threw and they all had full power in them but he couldnt even drop Shannon. This is a guy who even at his best was blown away in 3 by Daryl Wilson so im surprised the washed up 38 year old version was able to take everything Vitali threw at him.

.. . Another boring Klitschko fight. Im sure theres some degree of disappointment he couldnt force a stoppage.
    wasnt it his asthma that did briggs for that ko?
    Possibly but Lewis did him in 5 and he cant keep using the asthma excuse. He did pretty good tonight for a 38 year old washed up fighter with asthma
    The Vitali who gave Lennox hell and KTFO of Sanders would have had the power to KO this guy in the same way Lennox did when Briggs was in real shape and not carrying far too much muscle as he is now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post
    Im not sure Vitali is the massive puncher he is made out to be. For 12 rounds he hit Briggs flush with every right hand he threw and they all had full power in them but he couldnt even drop Shannon. This is a guy who even at his best was blown away in 3 by Daryl Wilson so im surprised the washed up 38 year old version was able to take everything Vitali threw at him.

.. . Another boring Klitschko fight. Im sure theres some degree of disappointment he couldnt force a stoppage.
    Possibly but Lewis did him in 5 and he cant keep using the asthma excuse. He did pretty good tonight for a 38 year old washed up fighter with asthma
    The Vitali who gave Lennox hell and KTFO of Sanders would have had the power to KO this guy in the same way Lennox did when Briggs was in real shape and not carrying far too much muscle as he is now.
    The Vitali who lost to Lewis and beat Sanders was just as good as the Vitali that fought Briggs tonight. I havent seen his performances decline in any way. He was probably at his best around the time he had those fights but again Sanders was a washed up 40 year old retired golfer and it took 8 rounds off flush punches to stop him and he couldnt drop him either. Nate Tubbs blew away a prime Sanders in 2 rounds and even Rahman did it quicker.

In summary Vitali has never been a guy who tries to get people out of their quickly despite his record. He likes to poke away at a safe distance. Briggs was there for the taking from round 5 onwards so I cant believe Vitali let a 38 year old asthmatic go 12 without atleast dropping him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post

The Vitali who lost to Lewis and beat Sanders was just as good as the Vitali that fought Briggs tonight. I havent seen his performances decline in any way. He was probably at his best around the time he had those fights but again Sanders was a washed up 40 year old retired golfer and it took 8 rounds off flush punches to stop him and he couldnt drop him either. Nate Tubbs blew away a prime Sanders in 2 rounds and even Rahman did it quicker.

In summary Vitali has never been a guy who tries to get people out of their quickly despite his record. He likes to poke away at a safe distance. Briggs was there for the taking from round 5 onwards so I cant believe Vitali let a 38 year old asthmatic go 12 without atleast dropping him.
    I know mate, I had money on 8th round KO and in the 8th round he had him out on his feet about 4 times and backed off each time. I was screaming at the TV.

As for a decline, I have seen one in Vitali recently. There is no way Sosnowski would have put up that kind of fight against a 30 year old Vitali. I'm not saying Sosnowski did very well but he is total shite at the end of the day!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post

It was a love fight available for free even on the internet ESPN3 not like it was a PPV.....What are FNF fight threads supposed to have spoiler alerts too

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post

It was a love fight available for free even on the internet ESPN3 not like it was a PPV.....What are FNF fight threads supposed to have spoiler alerts too
    The point is that for the people who haven't seen the Briggs-Vitali fight not to clicked into this thread, I know I wouldn't have and more than likely I would have waited for someone like VD to upload the fight like he usually does. Other members usually do that with "Spoiler Alert!," But being that the title was " What a Travesty" I didn't know that. For all I know I was thinking some boxer had died or some horrible shit has happened.

And it doesn't matter if it was available for free elsewhere, I was busy, I'm guessing other member might be busy and not know the outcome of the fight.
    But whatever bro. I know you're one of the more hostile members here when people don't agree with you, and I really don't feel like getting it on.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

general just for future reference if you take your mouse pointer over the thread title you can usually see the first sentence or two and would have been able to see it's a briggs/vitali thread, without having known the result. Plus if you do want to catch it espn3 still has the stream up just go under replays...

El Kabong Guest

I like how people all of a sudden care about Briggs, its amusing. He talked a ton of crap and he caught a beat down...Shannon's corner COULD have stopped the fight but so could the ref, so could the ringside doc, so could Vitali, and so could Shannon himself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by koppas View Post
    One things for sure...Haye wouldn't have taken those shots.
    haye probably would have trained to get out of the way of right hands though. Briggs apparently didn't. Or couldn't.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I like how people all of a sudden care about Briggs, its amusing. He talked a ton of crap and he caught a beat down...Shannon's corner COULD have stopped the fight but so could the ref, so could the ringside doc, so could Vitali, and so could Shannon himself.
    Same man that beat him down showed Briggs more love than his corner did.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

....one thing is for sure, haye wants nothing to do with that or either of the klitchko's for that matter. They're beating the shit out of guys they dance and joke around with before hand. Imagine what they'd do to someone they really don't like.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The point is that for the people who haven't seen the Briggs-Vitali fight not to clicked into this thread, I know I wouldn't have and more than likely I would have waited for someone like VD to upload the fight like he usually does. Other members usually do that with "Spoiler Alert!," But being that the title was " What a Travesty" I didn't know that. For all I know I was thinking some boxer had died or some horrible shit has happened.

And it doesn't matter if it was available for free elsewhere, I was busy, I'm guessing other member might be busy and not know the outcome of the fight.
    But whatever bro. I know you're one of the more hostile members here when people don't agree with you, and I really don't feel like getting it on.
    I thought you were joking with your first post, you thought Briggs had a shot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Say what you want about David Haye but when he does fight the Klits he will be the fastest most powerful fighter either have fought and most of all will actually be coming to win and thats the main thing with the Klit opponents they dont really come to win they just survive. Shannon landed a right hand down the middle and it hit vitali flush on the chin and stopped him in his tracks but Briggs never capitalised on it where David would the main point is even if Haye does loses he will have come to win and try some things where no one else does

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't like spoilers either but come on General, Daxx's title clearly was going to be a reference to last night's fight.

I mean really, no offense, but only a fucking moron would log onto a boxing forum following the weekend's big fight and click on a thread entitled 'What a travesty!!!'and not expect it to be a reference to the fight.

I mean, come one now, what did you think, he was going to be talking about?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a love fight!! Jesus, it seemed that photo of Vitali & Briggs cuddling was only a pre-cursor of what was to come, a full-fledged battle of homoerotica

But, seriously Daxx, even though I saw the fight, you should have used a spoiler for those who didn't. Some people might have wanted to see whether Vitali KO'd him or if Briggs lasted. Admittedly I don't know why

Thread Information