Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boxing Records Least likely to be broken...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxing Records Least likely to be broken...

Sugar Ray Robinson's streak of 90 fights without a loss. Doubt that will broken anytime soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

how about julio cesar chavez' 90 fight win streak to start a career? say what you want but that's pretty impressive. also, his all-time best of 27 successful title defenses overall.

pacquiao's eight division world titles is probably going to stand the test of time and might not be broken for many decades, if ever.

ultimately, i believe most records will be broken with the exception of those early boxers who had like 250-300 fights. that will never be duplicated again.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess the obvious answer would be anything that has to do with the number of fights. Obviously its very unlikely that anyone now adays is going to break Archie Moore's KO record. Fighters today wouldn't have 130 career fights, let alone be able to record 130 knockout wins.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jody Lane View Post
    Most defences of the unified heavy title (WBC, IBF and WBA) Mike Tyson holds that.

Youngest ever heavyweight champ, Mike Tyson Holds that.

The fighter who appears in the biggest upsets of the sport the most, Mike Tyson holds that

The only 22 year old to have won Ring magazine fighter of the year Twice, Mike Tyson holds that.

All together Mike has 12 Ring awards, 2 fighter of the years, 1 fight of the year, 1 KO of the year, 2 upset of the years, 4 events of the year, 1 round of the year and 1 prospect of the year.
    Tyson may have had some kind of unified deal under modern bullshit but Louis was the undisputed champion and still holds the record at 25 defenses.
    Yeah but there was a reason Louis's defences were called bums of the month.

Im gonna have a look and compare the calibre of fighters that Tyson and Louis defended their titles against. I bet Mikes were a far better quality over all
    Joe Louis beat at least 8 hall of famers in his career. That I know. Tyson only beat 1, and that was a faded Holmes. Fact.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    Sugar Ray Robinson's streak of 90 fights without a loss. Doubt that will broken anytime soon.
    Im pretty sure SRR lost to Jake LaMotta after about 40 something fights.

Anyway as for the thread.

Phillip Holiday vs Ivan Robinson = Most punches thrown and landed in any fight using Compubox, im not sure of the exact stats but its crazy.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Most defences of the unified heavy title (WBC, IBF and WBA) Mike Tyson holds that.

The fighter who appears in the biggest upsets of the sport the most, Mike Tyson holds that

The only 22 year old to have won Ring magazine fighter of the year Twice, Mike Tyson holds that.

All together Mike has 12 Ring awards, 2 fighter of the years, 1 fight of the year, 1 KO of the year, 2 upset of the years, 4 events of the year, 1 round of the year and 1 prospect of the year.
    Tyson may have had some kind of unified deal under modern bullshit but Louis was the undisputed champion and still holds the record at 25 defenses.

Im gonna have a look and compare the calibre of fighters that Tyson and Louis defended their titles against. I bet Mikes were a far better quality over all
    Joe Louis beat at least 8 hall of famers in his career. That I know. Tyson only beat 1, and that was a faded Holmes. Fact.
    Michael Spinks is a hall of famer, he was an amazing Light Heavyweight one of the best at all time. And he was a good Heavyweight aswell, he was just scared and didn't turn up vs Mike Tyson.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

Michael Spinks is a hall of famer, he was an amazing Light Heavyweight one of the best at all time. And he was a good Heavyweight aswell, he was just scared and didn't turn up vs Mike Tyson.
    Oh I forgot about Spinks.

jon09 Guest

Also fighting 200 times and beating everyone in his era and only getting knocked out once by heat exhaustion is a record in its own. And I think SRR was 85-0 in the amateurs. The man was baaaad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by milmascaras1 View Post
    how about julio cesar chavez' 90 fight win streak to start a career? say what you want but that's pretty impressive. also, his all-time best of 27 successful title defenses overall.

pacquiao's eight division world titles is probably going to stand the test of time and might not be broken for many decades, if ever.

ultimately, i believe most records will be broken with the exception of those early boxers who had like 250-300 fights. that will never be duplicated again.
    Beat me to it MIL.

[SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Im pretty sure SRR lost to Jake LaMotta after about 40 something fights.

Anyway as for the thread.

Phillip Holiday vs Ivan Robinson = Most punches thrown and landed in any fight using Compubox, im not sure of the exact stats but its crazy.
    What about Sucra Oliveira vs Zack Padillia with over 3 k thrown,landed ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

George Foreman winning the Heavyweight crown 20 yrs apart (1973 and 1994). - That's mind boggling

Those old dudes having close to 200 fights.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No no no...he fought 3 Hall of famers......he fought Frank Bruno twice and he will deffo be in the Hall of Fame

Job Biscuit (Having some crumpets with his pint of Tetley)!!!

eh eh!!!
    It's nice to see you to see you nice

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    What do you think are the boxing records in general or for a specific weight class that are least likely to be broken?

Here's a couple I think are pretty safe
    Joe Louis' 25 Consecutive Successful Title Defenses at Heavyweight

Wilfredo Benitez's youngest Champion at 17 years old

Mike Tyson youngest heavyweight champion at 20 years old

Evander Holyfield 5 time heavyweight champion

Edwin Valero's 18 consectutive 1st round KO's

I think Marciano's 49-0-0 will be beaten 9as Larry Holmes and even Nicolay Valuev have been within 1 fight of matching it), but I doubt the fighter that beats it ends his career undefeated.

Can you guys think of any others?
    The Valero one has already been broken by Tyrone Brunson.

I think the Tyson one can be beat as he was a titlist at 20, I think that is doable again.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Being champion at 17 doesn't sound to me like something likely to be beaten, I would personally go with that one.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    What do you think are the boxing records in general or for a specific weight class that are least likely to be broken?

Here's a couple I think are pretty safe
    Joe Louis' 25 Consecutive Successful Title Defenses at Heavyweight

Wilfredo Benitez's youngest Champion at 17 years old

Mike Tyson youngest heavyweight champion at 20 years old

Evander Holyfield 5 time heavyweight champion

Edwin Valero's 18 consectutive 1st round KO's

I think Marciano's 49-0-0 will be beaten 9as Larry Holmes and even Nicolay Valuev have been within 1 fight of matching it), but I doubt the fighter that beats it ends his career undefeated.

Can you guys think of any others?
    The Valero one has already been broken by Tyrone Brunson.

I think the Tyson one can be beat as he was a titlist at 20, I think that is doable again.
    given the state of the HW division and seeing how the average fighter in the division is in their 30's i don't really think it'll be broken anytime soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Being champion at 17 doesn't sound to me like something likely to be beaten, I would personally go with that one.
    in the US at least it won't be broken, seeing how you have to at least be 18 to turn pro so no chance in hell they'll become champion at 17

Thread Information