8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: take the tests.

Quote Originally Posted by zhubin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN View Post
    The only reason PBF has not fought Manny Pacquiao as yet is because he genuinely believes he is the only man who can beat him. He's stalling, tests? how many tests does he want? If Pacquiao is taking something illegal it would have been discovered by now and he would be out of the game. It's all bullshit and PBF needs to grow some balls and make it happen. It's the only fight left for either fighter IMO and boxing itself needs it more than ever during this lean time for the sport. Just forget the crap and make the fight!
    You are being very naive about performance enhancing drugs in sports. Blood testing is the most basic way to test...the new exotic drugs can only be detected through muscle biopsy. Boxing's drug testing is hardly the most rigorous. What Floyd's true intentions where by asking Manny to take the tests...we can argue about that. But ultimately...whether he intended to or not...he brings up a valid point. With how widespread PEDs are in sports...athletes should be tested more stringently. pac's response to the whole affair raises suspicion. here is this brave fighter who can stand up to bigger guys than himself...but he is afraid to give blood?! And you think Floyd is scared?! Yeah...watching how stiffs like Clottey and Margo can land on Pac at will...Floyd is terrified. i agree the fight needs to happen. But get prepared for the Pac hype machine to come to a screeching halt.
    All valid points indeed. Now answer this question. What drug in this world can make you invincible to bullets on the battlefield of war and the boxing ring? The Mayweathers have accused Pac of using "A-Side Meth" whatever the hell that is. It all started by that accusation that Pac is on a drug where bullets can bounce off you.

I'm still waiting for almost an entire year for people to claim Pac is on PEDs to answer that. I'm still getting crickets chirping in the background whenever that is brought up.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    I also think he should take the tests with no windows. People want to see the Floyd fight, so Pac would be a git to deprive the fans such a fight over drug testing windows. However, I am not so sure that Floyd really wants the fight either. It doesn't help when Pac keeps destroying people so effortlessly.
    Both of them have so much to lose.

Can they live with themselves never knowing if they really could of been no1 is another question.

I think Floyd wins it.

If I was Manny Id be wanting the smalll ring and light gloves.

There you go .. Mannys deal: 50/50 "Take my blood 10 days out, give me the ring and the gloves". Lets go 15 rounds just to make life interesting.. then Manny wins it.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Moseley took steriods.. But took test to prove he was clean to fight floyd.
    Bottom line is even the hardcore pacman fans must be shocked he wont take the tests..call floyds bluff and show that your a bad ass boxer congressman. We all want this fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd first demand was 14 day window. If Floyd really wanted to fight Manny he would have stuck to his offer of the 14 day cut off of drug testing he claimed he offered Pacquiao during the 1st round of negotiations. Manny Pacquaio went all the to amateur random drug testing 7 days before the fight and a blood and urine test immediately right after the fight. Yet Floyd is still saying NO, he wants it all the way up to the fight. Remember that Floyd and Shane had a cut off 18 days before the fight. And Shane is an admitted steroid user. If Shane an admitted steroid user had an 18 day cut off date before the fight, then why is Floyd so hell bent on amateur drug testing all the way up until the fight and Manny never been caught or even linked to steroids?

So if Manny says ok Floyd I'll do the random Amateur Olympic style blood testing all the way up until the day of the fight. Floyd will just come up with another crazy demand that is impossible for Manny to agree to just so Floyd can sabatoge the fight. Floyd has been trying to secretly tell us that he didn't want to fight when he came up with this bogus amateur drug testing in the 1st place. Floyd is a fucking coward!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hornfinger View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Manny Pacquiao fought Audley Harrison at a 160 pound catch weight for a vacant title.

Same old story.

Find a vacant title

Find a bum to fight for it

Set a catch weight to drain the said bum

Get some organization to sanction

Get given a title

Pass a urine test after the fight

I really am having trouble understanding how anyone is a fan of Pacquiao.
    How many catchweight fights has Manny fought in?

I'll tell you why I am impressed with Manny. I'm not a groupie. I'm impressed because he has effectively cleaned out the welterweight division. He beat every single top welterweight other than Berto or Floyd. And he hasn't been fighting at welterweight for very long. To me, other than the Clottey fight, Manny's fights are entertaining. Of course that is a personal preference. I admire Manny because he fights at a consistent size disadvantage and beats people in decisive, exciting fashion. That's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMi[QUOTE=imp View Post
    Hi, hope everyone is well.

Manny is a great pocket punch fighter and he has great stamina, great movement. But he does seem to fight at catchweights and make everyone drain down to his level. Mosely was prepared to fight him two years ago but manny sits on the sidelines and waits for floyd to deal with mosely so now you might see manny fight mosely in late 2011 when he def will be over the hill.

Floyd agreed to his terms of being fined if he comes in over the weight limit..why cant manny agree to his?

I do believe mannys speed and movement will def give floyd some serious problems especially if he is throwing over a thousand punches a fight with power and accuracy,

manny needs to fight paul williams next year and floyd mayweather..if he is victorious then he is the best pound 4 pound. No excuses.
    Manny needs? ? ?
    Manny don't need shit from Paul.
    PBF possibly but not Paul.
    Paul fucken lost to "Maravilla" and he'll lose again.
    IF and that's a huge if Paul were to beat Maravilla and Pac were to fight Paul & PBF in 2011 and he beats them both not only would he be p4p the best but that IMO would give him a strong case at P4P 1, 2 or 3 all time. No doubt.[/QUOTE]

Good post. Now Manny has beat every fighter under the Top Rank banner at or around his weight. He'll need to step outside the cozier confines of the Top Rank stable for his next opponent. I want to see him fight Berto, the Bradley/Alexander winner, or the Martinez/Williams winner, and Marquez wouldn't be a bad fight either assuming he gets past Kastidis.

What's your call Cut? Which fights do you think add the most to his legacy?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zhubin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN View Post
    The only reason PBF has not fought Manny Pacquiao as yet is because he genuinely believes he is the only man who can beat him. He's stalling, tests? how many tests does he want? If Pacquiao is taking something illegal it would have been discovered by now and he would be out of the game. It's all bullshit and PBF needs to grow some balls and make it happen. It's the only fight left for either fighter IMO and boxing itself needs it more than ever during this lean time for the sport. Just forget the crap and make the fight!
    You are being very naive about performance enhancing drugs in sports. Blood testing is the most basic way to test...the new exotic drugs can only be detected through muscle biopsy. Boxing's drug testing is hardly the most rigorous. What Floyd's true intentions where by asking Manny to take the tests...we can argue about that. But ultimately...whether he intended to or not...he brings up a valid point. With how widespread PEDs are in sports...athletes should be tested more stringently. pac's response to the whole affair raises suspicion. here is this brave fighter who can stand up to bigger guys than himself...but he is afraid to give blood?! And you think Floyd is scared?! Yeah...watching how stiffs like Clottey and Margo can land on Pac at will...Floyd is terrified. i agree the fight needs to happen. But get prepared for the Pac hype machine to come to a screeching halt.
    If boxing is in such bad shape that Pacquiao is getting away with illegal substances that turn him into 'Superman" then why do we bother at all? Where is the objection from DLH, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey and now Margarito? Floyd has a lot to lose if he gets beaten up by the Pacman where as i don't think it makes any difference to Pacquiao's legacy. They could fight twice in 2011 and make $zillions, it needs to be sorted out because in reality there is no other fight out there for either guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I also think he should take the tests with no windows. People want to see the Floyd fight, so Pac would be a git to deprive the fans such a fight over drug testing windows. However, I am not so sure that Floyd really wants the fight either. It doesn't help when Pac keeps destroying people so effortlessly.

I really hope he doesnt come up with more bvllshits when pac drops the 7 days.

I think he comes up with something again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you have to ask yourself why mayweather is asking for thses test all of a suden, drugs have been around for many years......why did he not ask for it in the passed...maybe because he had something to hide and now he's of the juice and doesnt want to fight top guys without them...have you ever thought of it like that he retired ( took time of for a year and ever since wants test done......what right does he have to say he just wants to fight on a even kil, giving the opin that everyother guys cheating....also didnt pac say he'll take the test and mayweather still didnt take the fight

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Good post. Now Manny has beat every fighter under the Top Rank banner at or around his weight. He'll need to step outside the cozier confines of the Top Rank stable for his next opponent. I want to see him fight Berto, the Bradley/Alexander winner, or the Martinez/Williams winner, and Marquez wouldn't be a bad fight either assuming he gets past Kastidis.

What's your call Cut? Which fights do you think add the most to his legacy?
    Cheers fella...
    I agree he needs to venture outside of TR & GBP.

I think moving up yet another division either to fight Sergio-Paul winner or anybody esle should be a latter option.

I think he should fight PBF one way or another.
    I understand you can't just stand around and wait.
    Signing a contract is a 2 way deal...

and as I said if the PBF fight just looks like it's not gonna happen then going after the 9th title should be option #2.
    The most intriguing matchup for Pac would be vs. Sergio.
    2 fast southpaws who love to mix it up and trade.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't understand this thread. Pac is willing to take all the tests Floyd wants.

So simply the starter of this thread must be a hater all the way and has nothing good to say to one of the greatest fighters of all time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
    I can't understand this thread. Pac is willing to take all the tests Floyd wants.

So simply the starter of this thread must be a hater all the way and has nothing good to say to one of the greatest fighters of all time.
    Officially:

Floyd demanded 14 days ( 1st Negotiation )

Pac offered 7 days ( 2nd negotiation )

Its easy to comprehend if you take away the bias and analyze.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miron_lang View Post

Officially:

I am not particularly biased on this issue and think there should be testing up until the fight. Pac should hold his tongue and go for it. There is no good reason to refuse either.

It would be the ultimate statement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Officially:

I am not particularly biased on this issue and think there should be testing up until the fight. Pac should hold his tongue and go for it. There is no good reason to refuse either.

I was also praying for PAC to agree to no cut off. but as we all know negotiations are two way. with regards to this matter Floyd demanded the extra test and pac diva as he is wont accept it plainly and ask for 7 days which is no effing cut off in reality, he just wants to have the last say.

Up to this day i still hope pac offers no cut off to eliminate this peds angle. but....

Floyd's reason in the 2nd negotiation wasnt the cutoff but the vacation how Floyd offered 14 days in the 1st and vacation mode in the 2nd must be something to be considered dont you think?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Officially:

I was also praying for PAC to agree to no cut off. but as we all know negotiations are two way. with regards to this matter Floyd demanded the extra test and pac diva as he is wont accept it plainly and ask for 7 days which is no effing cut off in reality, he just wants to have the last say.

Up to this day i still hope pac offers no cut off to eliminate this peds angle. but....

Floyd's reason in the 2nd negotiation wasnt the cutoff but the vacation how Floyd offered 14 days in the 1st and vacation mode in the 2nd must be something to be considered dont you think?
    If Floyd is happy with 14 days then fair enough. If Floyd wants 7 days, sure. If Floyd wants no window whatsover, then I say do it as well.

Floyd's scalp will be the icing on the cake and at the end Pac can turn round and say 'I did it your way, but I finished it my way....Happy retirement Floyd!'

He should do it as it is the ultimate payday and everybody will be able to laugh at Floyd and his deluded supporters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    All valid points indeed. Now answer this question. What drug in this world can make you invincible to bullets on the battlefield of war and the boxing ring? The Mayweathers have accused Pac of using "A-Side Meth" whatever the hell that is. It all started by that accusation that Pac is on a drug where bullets can bounce off you.

I'm still waiting for almost an entire year for people to claim Pac is on PEDs to answer that. I'm still getting crickets chirping in the background whenever that is brought up.
    HAHA why am i the only one who can read you whenever you post about this? do i have a sixth sense or something? i can't answer you on that that's why i don't reply. what about the others?

Thread Information