Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Did Margarito gain any redemption?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Did Margarito gain any redemption?

Three years ago, Tony was my favorite fighter. No one could stalk, stun and close like the Tornado. The Cotto fight was electrifying. My God, he literally ran after his opponent once he had him ready. I have rarely seen that in a fighter. He was also known on the streets of Southern Cali and in Northern Mexico as one very “BAMF.” In street parlance vis-à-vis boxing, that is a great compliment.

This aura was shattered away by the hand- wrap scandal and so was my admiration, though I didn’t quite share the level of white hot rage and hatred that was out there.

This past Saturday he was asked between the 11th and 12th rounds whether he wanted to continue, His response was something to the effect: “No, no” ‘I’m ok, don’t stop it?” At that point, the man gained a degree of redemption (however small) in my eyes. Once again, he had earned the street accolade of being a “BAMF,”and that has got to count for at least something.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Did Margarito gain any redemption?

Loaded wraps don't help your chin, we already knew he had a chin. Did he gain any redemption? FUCK NO. If he was caught after instead of before the fight, it would have meant FELONIES. NO, it's a crime that the guy is allowed to box again and just because he's been in a big fight doesn't mean he doesn't have questions to answer! Bullshit.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

NO, not for trying to load his gloves.

He did show astonishing heart and bravery in the ring against Pac, though ....... but we knew he was a hard hard man anyway and that he is as teak tough as they come.

Nothing has changed in that regard ......
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, I think it's really tough to gain redemption for that.... Before the fight they were kinda trying to hype it like, if he knocks Pac around, then it'll prove he doesn't need loaded gloves, but even that doesn't earn him any more respect I think...

Like someone on the street pulls a knife and stabs you in the middle of a fight.. Then a year later wants to prove he can beat you without the knife this time.. And does beat you... Has that earnt him some respect and credibility back?? Not really, he's still the scumbag that used a knife last year..
    And in fact people will probably just dislike him more for beating someone they actually do respect..

Real shame because like you, I had HUGE respect for him before the wrap stuff... Not just because he was incredibly exciting in the ring, but also seemed a real great stand up guy outside the ring....
    It's tough to earn back that sort of respect inside the ring, and the 24 7 episodes leading up to the fight make him look a total wank outside the ring as well...

Only took a year to fall from the top, to the very bottom of boxing...

Cheating doesn't pay!!!
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only thing Margarito got was a serious ass whooping for 12 rounds. anybody see pics of him the day after the fight? I bet he looked gross.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He earned guaranteed $3M for this fight alone. Plus he could get $4M as bonus, depending on how the ppv market did.

If he fought for free, then I might call it as redemption.

Thread Information