Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What's Your LIKES & DISLIKES on FN4

My dislikes are....!!!

People can go off line and the win don't count or you do get the win but not the knock out
    Your fighters attributes stay the same thru their career....or does it.....can somebody confirm?

LIKES - the game in general is pretty good except for a few nagging points above

Any one else find the two dislikes above a pain in the backside and hopefully can be ironed out in FN5

Job Biscuit (Look out for my fighter Frank Bruno with a record of 5-0 2 ko's)!!

eh eh!!
    It's nice to see you to see you nice

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What's Your LIKES & DISLIKES on FN4

Quote Originally Posted by Otley View Post
    My dislikes are....!!!

People can go off line and the win don't count or you do get the win but not the knock out
    Your fighters attributes stay the same thru their career....or does it.....can somebody confirm?

LIKES - the game in general is pretty good except for a few nagging points above

Any one else find the two dislikes above a pain in the backside and hopefully can be ironed out in FN5

Job Biscuit (Look out for my fighter Frank Bruno with a record of 5-0 2 ko's)!!

eh eh!!
    I generally think it's really good. I have started to enjoy playing online, but the one that that bugs me is when it lags. You just can't have a fair or proper fight when it lags because everything is wonky.

I'm pretty good and have got into the top 1000, but the best fighters beat me. I'm sure they have buttons or something. You just can't throw a 150 punches a round with TPC. So, yeah, those button mashers annoy me too.

We should all use TPC. I didn't like it at first, but it is far more true to boxing than to hack at buttons like a mentalist.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this is one of best sport sims i have ever played but I do have gripes which I hope are ironed out in next years version.

These are :-

i) as Miles said I don't want to fight button players. The speed they throw punches is ridiculous.

ii) the guys online who can keep throwing punch after punch round after round and never tire. i don't get that one !

iii) glue fighters. Not sure how they do it but they can just stick to you and you can't get away (this might be a weakness on my part mind !)

iv) the fact that it gets harder to get up the more times you get knocked down eg rather than how hard you are hit and your health bars. I can never get up a second time no matter how much stamina i have left ! This means I have to fight on backfoot should I suffer an early knockdown eg in first round. Whats stupid is that if you get to last round with no health or stamina left and suffer your first knockdown you can get up dead easy !!

v) I have said it for 9 years now . Since Knockout Kings 2001 there has been no one punch knockout feature ! If you catch someone sweet as Martinez did Williams on Saturday the fight should be over and theres no way they should be able to get up. This is a major part of boxing and one of the reasons I love the sport. Why they dont carry it across to boxing video games is beyond me. Every fight I have online these days I know its either going to points or will end in 8-10th round when someone has low stamina. Lacks realism

On saying all that I still think its a brilliant game !
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    this is one of best sport sims i have ever played but I do have gripes which I hope are ironed out in next years version.

These are :-

i) as Miles said I don't want to fight button players. The speed they throw punches is ridiculous.

ii) the guys online who can keep throwing punch after punch round after round and never tire. i don't get that one !

iii) glue fighters. Not sure how they do it but they can just stick to you and you can't get away (this might be a weakness on my part mind !)

iv) the fact that it gets harder to get up the more times you get knocked down eg rather than how hard you are hit and your health bars. I can never get up a second time no matter how much stamina i have left ! This means I have to fight on backfoot should I suffer an early knockdown eg in first round. Whats stupid is that if you get to last round with no health or stamina left and suffer your first knockdown you can get up dead easy !!

v) I have said it for 9 years now . Since Knockout Kings 2001 there has been no one punch knockout feature ! If you catch someone sweet as Martinez did Williams on Saturday the fight should be over and theres no way they should be able to get up. This is a major part of boxing and one of the reasons I love the sport. Why they dont carry it across to boxing video games is beyond me. Every fight I have online these days I know its either going to points or will end in 8-10th round when someone has low stamina. Lacks realism

On saying all that I still think its a brilliant game !
    I have all the same points exactly.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

forgot to add they should have a 10-10 round

all rounds are scored 10-9 for some reason and I have won \ lost pretty even fights by lopsided decisions because of this !

I did once see a 10-10 round on a scorecard but that was it - just once !
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When playing against the computer, it is so frustrating that defensive fighters become offensive fighters. For example, if I'm Hatton and the computer is Malignaggi, the computer will always stand and trade, rather than box off the back foot. EA really need to fix that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I get 10-10 rounds fairly regularly in career mode. There may not be a one punch KO, but Tyson, Vitali, Wlad, Toney, Ali, and Frazier have dropped me with one shot less than :15 into the first.

My biggest complaint is that the computer NEVER gasses! It's insane, I gas after a 6-7 punch flurry (my stamina is at 83).

I really dislike how the difficulty seems to fluctuate drastically. Wlad beat the fuck out of me for 7 rounds before KOing me in the 8th. We rematched the very next fight and I knocked him down 3 times in the first, then KOed him at the start of the second. Or Ali, he whooped my ass four strait fights (3 were consecutive, then I beat Toney, and back to Ali), then I stomped him two fights later in the first.

The scoring in the amateur fights at the start of career mode is all screwy. I was out landing 2-1, with a higher connect % as well, but was losing all three rounds before I got the KO, every fight!

Overall, it's my favorite game, but it has me wanting to throw the controller into the wall regularly.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also I lost the other day because even though I won the last round the game gave me 9-9 because if it was a 10-9 round to me I would have got a draw for the fight.....but the game don't do draws.....has any one else found this happening to them?

Job Biscuit (My fighter Oliver Reed is now 7-1 (4) ko's)!!!

eh eh!!!
    It's nice to see you to see you nice

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They need to bring back the fight night round 3 engine as on fight night 4 u can't run like mayweather or khan would, u have to stand still to regen stamina, Roy jones isn't as fast as he is for real like in round 3 and the graphics are cartoony! And roys forehead is huge and even many isn't fast, I'd rather gameplay over shiny shorts and audience realism

Thread Information