Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pacquiao-Margarito does 1.15 million PPV buys

Manny Pacquiao generates another 1 million PPV buys - ESPN

Reported by Fat Dan and confirmed by HBO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao-Margarito does 1.15 million PPV buys

So much for boycott then.

I really thought it was only gonna do 800-900k.

Damn. This could mean Margo will get his $4M bonus.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not bad.

Anybody got a list of the most PPV buys in the last 5 years?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by :::PSL::: View Post
    So much for boycott then.

I really thought it was only gonna do 800-900k.

Damn. This could mean Margo will get his $4M bonus.
    I am quite bummed as well on that one... Seems like Uncle Bobby has a very long fork, long enough to eat with the devil.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm glad it did good numbers. My spite for Marg doesn't overwhelm my love for the sport. Bit lower then early estimates, but that is to be expected. More then respectable. Numbers expected to climb a bit too when final tallies in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this only proves one thing, that without mexican fighters, pacquiao is NOT that big of PPV star his fans try to make him out to be. when he fought joshua clottey, what were the PPV numbers? 7-800,000? a mayweather/margarito PPV event would have reached about 1.5 million or more. facts are facts!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by milmascaras1 View Post
    this only proves one thing, that without mexican fighters, pacquiao is NOT that big of PPV star his fans try to make him out to be. when he fought joshua clottey, what were the PPV numbers? 7-800,000? a mayweather/margarito PPV event would have reached about 1.5 million or more. facts are facts!
    A speculation on how many numbers Mayweather-Margarito would do is based on facts? Does anyone see the logical fallacy in this?

I'm pretty sure Cotto wasn't Mexican when that fight did 1.2 million.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

50,994 attended in Pacquiao-Clottey fight. And only 41,000something attended in Pac-Marg fight.

By your logic, There must be more Ghanian folks in Texas than Mexican huh?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol...i knew the pactards would come on in droves like a bunch of ants. the facts are these, mayweather is a bigger PPV star than pacquiao, and you pactards can't seem to handle this fact. and to the pactard who said there were more fans at pacquiao/clottey than pacquiao/margarito. well, let's see here, if you combine the attendance/PPV numbers, pacquiao/margarito dwarfs pacquiao/clottey. simple math. so go ahead pactards, do your little huffing and puffing cause i wrote these comments. somebody has the tell the truth on these boards and it might as well be me because it seems everybody's on board as a pactardo.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol...i knew the pactards would come on in droves like a bunch of ants. the facts are these, mayweather is a bigger PPV star than pacquiao, and you pactards can't seem to handle this fact. and to the pactard who said there were more fans at pacquiao/clottey than pacquiao/margarito. well, let's see here, if you combine the attendance/PPV numbers, pacquiao/margarito dwarfs pacquiao/clottey. simple math. so go ahead pactards, do your little huffing and puffing cause i wrote these comments. somebody has the tell the truth on these boards and it might as well be me because it seems everybody's on board as a pactardo.
    This is why a university education is important kids. You might wind up like this guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How can you be sure for certain?

Did you actually went knocking door to door on the night of november 13 and asked what race who purchased the fight?

Why do you always bringing up nationality?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

generalbulldog,

look my son, if EVERYBODY on this forum agreed that pacquiao was the GOAT and thinks nobody can touch him, this forum would get pretty boring, don't you think? well, i'm sorry to burst your bubble but although i believe pacquiao has done great things in the ring, there are still many questions about him that need to be answered.

it's good to have opposing views. it's the democratic way in that people are different and might have different views than others. say what you will about bernard hopkins, but he's just saying the truth that pacquiao continues to avoid fast, young, in their prime fighters. it's not a coincidence that marquez took the anointed one to hell and back. it's not a coincidence that he's been asking for catchweights from bigger fighters!

my thing is this, if you want to play with fire, you'd better be prepared to play by the rules and not come in with some sort of advantage just because your smaller. pacquiao wanted these fights he should have played by the rules. if he couldn't do that, he should have stayed at a lower division.

the truth hurts doesn't it?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

generalbulldog,

look my son, if EVERYBODY on this forum agreed that pacquiao was the GOAT and thinks nobody can touch him, this forum would get pretty boring, don't you think? well, i'm sorry to burst your bubble but although i believe pacquiao has done great things in the ring, there are still many questions about him that need to be answered.

it's good to have opposing views. it's the democratic way in that people are different and might have different views than others. say what you will about bernard hopkins, but he's just saying the truth that pacquiao continues to avoid fast, young, in their prime fighters. it's not a coincidence that marquez took the anointed one to hell and back. it's not a coincidence that he's been asking for catchweights from bigger fighters!

my thing is this, if you want to play with fire, you'd better be prepared to play by the rules and not come in with some sort of advantage just because your smaller. pacquiao wanted these fights he should have played by the rules. if he couldn't do that, he should have stayed at a lower division.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

generalbulldog,

Pacquiao has been trying to make the fight with the slickest and fastest fighter out there for the past year, until negotiations broke down. It's convenient to forget this by his detractors.

And about catchweight fights who gives a shit about catchweight fights. People have a problem because it's Pacquiao. You sure as hell don't criticize De La Hoya and Chavez doing catchweight fights. I sure wonder why? Ain't that the truth homey.

Thread Information