This was on reply a few night ago so I decided to score the fight and pay closer attention to the low blows Gatti was throwing. I felt Frank Cappuccino took a point way too soon the first time I watched this fight but Gatti was throwing low the entire fight and might have deserved to have a 2nd point taken away as well. He was warned in the 2nd, between rounds after the 3rd, again in the 4th and final had a point taken away after another low blow when Ward went down. So no issue there anymore.

Gatti won the first 3 rounds and I had Ward winning the next 3 including getting the extra point for the Gatti low blow. Gatti won the 7th and won the first 2:30 of the 8th until Ward came on big in the last :30 seconds but I still gave it to Gatti.

The 9th was amazing as well as the critical round to score. Ward knocks Gatti down and dominates him for the 1st min, Gatti does his Superman impression and dominates Ward for the next 1:20 and then Ward almost gets McGirt to stop the fight. Now the reason Gatti lost this fight is because one of the judges (from Wards home state no less) scored this round 10-7 Ward but I disagree. Gatti was close to turning a 10-8 into a 10-9 round until Ward came back the end of the round. As bad and annoying as Cappuccino was in this fight he has to get credit for not stopping the fight at the end of the 9th as most refs would have I think. What's more amazing to me is Gatti winning the 10th. My score card is 94-94.

Anyway you look at it it was one of the best fights of the the last 10 years.